Date

Open Climate Collabathon | All Universities Invited!

Martin Wainstein

Hi Peer Universities in the HL Network!

From the Yale Open Innovation Lab, we launched last year a global collaborative hackathon around climate change and the use of blockchain technology, called the Open Climate Collabathon. We invite Universities around the world to participate as Nodes in the global network.

This year, we are launching a whole new set of sprints and events, starting with Open Climate Dialogues this Wednesday to celebrate Earth Day.
Id like to pass along the invitation to you and all your students and networks to join us in the honest Zoom dialogues as weak as the decentralized hackathon that will launch this weekend. Sign up directly in the site, and you can even sync our google calendar with all events and sign up links.

We have an upgraded Node and Ambassador program that we just launched to all Universities. If you are interested in partnering with us in this global event, please you can review this Node deck  and fill out this form.

Attaching more information below for your context.

Finally, if Climate-Hyperledger Blockchain area of discussion is interesting to you, join our HL Climate Action & Accounting Special Interest Group

Thanks and happy Earth Week!

Martin Wainstein, PhD
(347) 698-5284
Yale Open Innovation Lab

Social Media—
Twitter - @opencollabathon - https://twitter.com/OpenCollabathon
Facebook - @opencollabathon - https://www.facebook.com/Opencollabathon/
Instagram - @opencollabathon - https://www.instagram.com/opencollabathon/
LinkedIn - @opencollabathon - https://www.linkedin.com/company/opencollabathon/

2019 University Nodes

Annual paid summer mentorship program

Marta Piekarska

To all students or people who know students,

please be aware that our annual paid summer mentorship program is accepting applications from full and part-time students until April 24.

Details about the program are below and we would appreciate it if you could share this with any students who may be interested.

https://www.hyperledger.org/blog/2020/03/23/hyperledger-summer-mentorship-program-returns-with-18-projects

Marta Piekarska-Geater
Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger

SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH ME: calendly.com/mpiekarska

marta@...
+447802336641 (U.K) - Signal and Whatsapp
Wickr: martap

Skype: martapiekarska

Based in the U.K.

Hyperledger Mentorship Program 2020 Open for Student Applications

Marta Piekarska

Dear Community!!
THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY!!
Student application is open for this year's Hyperledger Mentorship Program! https://www.hyperledger.org/blog/2020/03/23/hyperledger-summer-mentorship-program-returns-with-18-projects

We would love to receive lots of applications from our own academic members and hopefully their students get selected to work on some of these projects this year.

Hope to read some great proposals!
----
Marta Geater-Piekarska
Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger

SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH ME:  calendly.com/mpiekarska

marta@...
+447802336641 (U.K) - Signal and Whatsapp
Wickr: martap
Skype: martapiekarska

Based in the U.K.

Interesting Research topics and possible funding

Marta Piekarska

Dear Researchers
As you know we are working very closely with Ethereum Foundation to expand the ecosystem and explore the possibilities of how can we strengthen all of our codebases.
  1. We have a mentorship program that allows people to work on real life problems with experts from our community.
  2. Some of the Special Interest Groups are working on solution briefs and lab projects.
  3. We are always eager to hear from you about topics you would like to research. In the past such collaboration resulted in some very interesting publications
  4. We have a great list of contributor guides and a bug bounty program https://hackerone.com/hyperledger and  https://challenges.ethereum.org/
  5. The Ethereum Foundation has published “wish lists” for research on blockchain related topics and development of related technologies.  Some of these may be of interest to academic researchers in computer science, applied mathematics, cryptography, and adjacent fields - generally at the graduate or postgraduate level: https://ecosystem.support/wishlist/
  6. Though in Hyperledger we do focus on permissioned blockchains, some of you may find this list of challenges in cryptocurrency, and high-level problems interesting.
To those of you who would like to participate in our community and help us all grow, we will provide as much support as we can. There is financial support from the Ethereum Foundation, as well as an opportunity to match you with enterprises and find mentors to support and consult on your research.

Have a great day

----
Marta Geater-Piekarska
Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger

SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH ME:  calendly.com/mpiekarska

marta@...
+447802336641 (U.K) - Signal and Whatsapp
Wickr: martap
Skype: martapiekarska

Based in the U.K.

LAST CALL: Hyperledger Mentorship Project Proposal Submission Closes March 8th

Min Yu

Don't forget to submit your mentorship project proposal by EOD this Sunday, March 8th.

Proposals will be reviewed this coming week and mentee application will open the week of March 16th.

Please reach out to mentorship@... if you have any questions.

We look forward to having you involved in this year's mentorship program.

--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 10:38 AM Min Yu <myu@...> wrote:
We're extending the deadline for mentors to submit a project proposal to this Sunday, March 8th to facilitate face to face discussion at Global Forum this week. Please be sure to submit your proposal by March 8th if you would like to get involved in this year's Hyperledger Mentorship program.
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 9:37 AM Min Yu <myu@...> wrote:
We are looking for more mentors to get involved in this year's mentorship program.

Any questions, please email mentorship@...

Min
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 9:36 PM Min Yu <myu@...> wrote:
Hyperledger is excited to continue to support the mentorship program in 2020. We are looking to fund 18 projects this year.  If you're interested in getting involved in the program and excited about mentoring the next generation of Hyperledger blockchain technology developers please submit your project proposal by February 28th

Please see the emails below for additional details.

Regards,
Min
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 2:51 PM Min Yu <myu@...> wrote:
A quick reminder that the Hyperledger Mentorship Program is currently accepting mentors and project proposals.  Here are some reasons to consider putting yourself forward as a mentor and formally participate in this year's program:
  • You believe in the value of mentorship in helping new developers to navigate open source development, the culture, the tooling and infrastructure to be a productive member of the community.
  • You are passionate about teaching and guiding student developers, many of whom may be first time open-source contributors.
  • You are eager to bring in new perspectives, new ideas, and new talent into your community and projects.
  • You have a narrowly scoped development project with clear learning objectives/outcomes. You believe that the potential contributions of the mentee's work through completing this mentorship project could add value to the larger project or the Hyperlegder community of which you're an active developer or maintainer.
When ready, simply login to our wiki and submit a project proposal that you will be mentoring here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/INTERN/Mentorship+Projects

We look forward to receiving a mentorship project proposal from you.

Regards,
Min
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

From: Min Yu <myu@...>
Date: Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 6:44 PM
To: <hyperledger-discuss@lists.hyperledger.org>, <hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org>

[...]

Re: Ph.D. work about using blockchain in healthcare

David Boswell

Nuno,

For your interest in blockchain in healthcare, I encourage you to take a look at the Healthcare Special Interest Group at:

This is a collection of people who are looking at using Hyperledger in the healthcare space and it is a great place to go learn from others, ask questions and collaborate on projects.  At the link above is information about how to join their regular calls, join their mailing list and join their chat channel.

You can also watch recordings of presentations people had made at past Healthcare Special Interest Group calls where they talk about the solutions and projects they're working on at:

Thanks,
David

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 4:18 PM <nuno.miquelina@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm a Ph.D. student looking for blockchain in healthcare with a special interest in data sharing (personal data, medical reports, ...) and privacy (European's General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR).
Using blockchain at a regional (or even national) level can be a challenge if not well discussed and defined (event for a small country like Portugal). If someone is willing to share thoughts about this subject and collaboration, please feel free to contact me.

--
Best Regards,

Nuno Miquelina
Ph.D. Student
Universidade de Évora, Portugal

Ph.D. work about using blockchain in healthcare

nuno.miquelina@...

Hi all,

I'm a Ph.D. student looking for blockchain in healthcare with a special interest in data sharing (personal data, medical reports, ...) and privacy (European's General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR).
Using blockchain at a regional (or even national) level can be a challenge if not well discussed and defined (event for a small country like Portugal). If someone is willing to share thoughts about this subject and collaboration, please feel free to contact me.

--
Best Regards,

Nuno Miquelina
Ph.D. Student
Universidade de Évora, Portugal

REMINDER: Call for Mentors and Projects for 2020 Hyperledger Mentorship Program

Min Yu

[...]

Blog post about Portland State University's blockchain certificate program

David Boswell

We just posted a blog post from Portland State University about their business blockchain certificate program.  You can find out more details about what they're created at:

For anyone considering putting together a blockchain certificate program for your students, take a look at what PSU has done and respond to this list if you have any questions or if you'd like to share work you've done that others could benefit from.

Thanks,
David

REMINDER: Call for Mentors and Projects for 2020 Hyperledger Mentorship Program - Deadline Friday, February 28th

Min Yu

[...]

Getting Started

Cedric MOUDZE TATSUM

Hi All,
I'm a young and technology passionate entrepreneur from Cameroon who specialized in computer sciences especially for networks, systems and cloud computing architectures. He's also focusing on how to revolutionize our local perceptions of what is technology by teaching, empowering young students, professionals and another startups fellow on focused training and 21st century skills. Also an IT Technical Specialist and ICT Innovative in Education with almost five years of experience in the field and the founder of NAMSOFT. Earlier this year i started to focus on blockchain ecosystem and how it could help us to improve our business ecosystem...that led me on Hyperledger.

With the participation of David and Marta, we were able to setup an Hyperledger Community in Cameroon and organized our first meetup. After that, we sen our community grow and more more we are welcoming students who want to know more about the blockchain and how to implement it.

I come here to know how to setup an Hyperledger Community within a university, how long it will take from us and especially what are the requirements to do that

Thanks

Conversation about improving academic collaboration in Hyperledger

Marta Piekarska

Hi
I would like to make everyone aware of the conversation that is currently happening onthe Technical Steering Committee Mailing List:

Thank you and have a nice day

----
Marta Piekarska
Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger

SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH ME:  calendly.com/mpiekarska

marta@...
+447802336641 (U.K) - Signal and Whatsapp
Wickr: martap
Skype: martapiekarska

Based in the U.K.

Opportunity for submitting your research

Marta Piekarska

Dear colleagues

the Department of Information Technologies of Prague University, is  organizing a workshop aimed at Blockchain and responsibility which is collocated with the BIR 2019 – 18th International Conference on Perspectives in Business Informatics Research [1]. The main workshop topics are:

  • How can blockchain be used as an enabler of responsibly designed systems?
  • Which responsibility concerns impact design, development and use of the blockchain-based solutions?

The workshop takes place on September 23, 2019, in Katowice. The important dates are as follows:

  • Paper submission deadline: July 19, 2019
  • Author notification: August 21, 2019
  • Camera-ready submission: September 4, 2019
  • Workshop date: September 23, 2019

All the accepted workshop papers will be published in the CEUR proceedings. Papers should be 5-12 pages long (including references, figures, tables and appendices) and are required to follow the Springer’s LNBIP style and formatting guidelines. The workshop website [2] provides additional information.

If you are interested, we would be more than happy to see you there. And, of course, feel free to share the information with anyone who might be interested in joining the workshop or the conference.

[1] https://bir2019.ue.katowice.pl/

[2] https://kit.vse.cz/konference/blockchain-meets-responsibility-workshop/

----
Marta Piekarska
Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger

SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH ME:  calendly.com/mpiekarska

marta@...
+447802336641 (U.K) - Signal and Whatsapp
Wickr: martap

Skype: martapiekarska

Based in the U.K.

Hyperledger Internship Program is Open!

Marta Piekarska

Hi all,

This year Hyperledger is offering 17 paid internship opportunities for students who want real world experience advancing open source blockchain technologies.  More information about the internship and this year's projects are at:

https://www.hyperledger.org/blog/2019/03/25/hyperledger-unveils-17-summer-internship-opportunities

The application process is now open and the deadline to apply is April 22. You may submit your application at:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JDB3Z76

Please encourage your students to apply!

Have a great day

----
Marta Piekarska
Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger

SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH ME:  calendly.com/mpiekarska

marta@...
+447802336641 (U.K) - Signal and Whatsapp
Wickr: martap

Skype: martapiekarska

Based in the U.K.

Hyperledger Internship Mentor and Project Proposal Deadline this Friday, March 8th

Min Yu

Hyperledger Community -

Please remember to submit your internship project proposal by this Friday, March 8th

Here you will find the list of projects that have been proposed and are pending TSC review and approval.

Applications for those interested in applying to be an intern will open up the week of March 18th.

Kind regards,
Min
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 8:39 AM Min Yu <myu@...> wrote:
Dear Hyperledger Community Members,

Thanks you to those who are interested in mentoring and have already submitted the internship project proposals.

We have decided to give the community some additional time - the new deadline to submit a project proposal has been extended to March 8. You can submit the project proposal directly on the wiki using the pre-set template.

For students who are interested in applying, the applications will open up in mid-March and the detailed application instructions will be coming soon.

We would appreciate it if you share the information with others in your network.

Kind regards,
Min

--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:54 AM Min Yu <myu@...> wrote:
Dear Hyperledger Community Members,

Hyperledger is expanding the internship program to fund 15 internship projects this year. The internship program is aimed at creating a structured hands-on learning opportunity for new developers who may otherwise lack the opportunity to gain exposure to Hyperledger open source development and entry into the technical community. Additional program information, including the program timeline, is available on the wiki.

This is a great contribution opportunity for community members like you to get involved. Whether you're looking for fresh ideas or perspectives, or mentoring opportunities, or additional contributors for your project, the internship program provides a pathway for you to work with aspiring student developers.

Please submit a project proposal and volunteer yourself as a mentor; the deadline for submission is this Friday, February 22nd.

Thank you,
Min
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

Deadline Extended to Friday, March 8: Call for 2019 Hyperledger Internship Projects and Mentors

Min Yu

[...]

Deadline Friday, February 22: Call for 2019 Hyperleger Internship Projects and Mentors

Min Yu