From: Michael Dolan via hyperledger-technical-discuss <hyperledger-technical-discuss@...>
Sent by: hyperledger-technical-discuss-bounces@...
To: tsc@..., technical-discuss@...
Subject: [technical-discuss] Proposal for Hyperledger Technical Community Call
Date: Wed, Feb 10, 2016 5:57 PM

Welcome to the (now official) Hyperledger Community. Thank you to everyone who helped with the launch of the project and getting everything lined up for a very strong start.

We have a technical community call scheduled for Thursday at 10am Eastern Time. The GoToMeeting details are below. Our apologies for last week’s disruption with the 25 person limit. We have fixed that issue and now have a 100 person capacity. I’m also copying both the TSC and the technical-discuss mailing lists. In the future, we will just use the TSC mailing list for TSC meetings. However, I didn’t want to miss anyone this first week, so I’ve copied both lists. If you have not signed up for any mailing lists, you will want to do so here: https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo

I look forward to our discussion tomorrow.

— Mike

Proposed Agenda

I’ll propose the agenda below for tomorrow, if you have other thoughts / comments, please let me know.
  1. Process for electing a TSC Chair (10 mins). Also, if you are a Premier member and have not yet notified Todd (CC’d) of your TSC Chair representative, please do so ASAP. We will distribute a list of the TSC reps to the TSC when we have everyone identified.
  2. Discussion of tools/services that would be helpful to the community. We have setup IRC:  #hyperledger on freenode with Meetbot. We have the mailing lists. Does the TSC want to see anything else? E.g. Slack? A wiki such as https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/hyperledger shared wiki or setup wiki.hyperledger.org?
  3. Future meeting day/times? Do we use this time slot for the TSC going forward or does the TSC prefer a different cadence and/or time or day?
  4. Discuss where/how to land code. Common question we’re getting is “where is the code?” Need to discuss how to get proposed code into public review.
  5. Discuss process for getting to a code starting point. Proposal template for evaluation?
  6. Discuss proposals for the common starting points
    • Networking
    • BFT
    • Storage
    • Cryptographic libraries
    • Member services
1. Proposed TSC Chair Election Process
  • Begin nomination period: Thursday, Feb 11th, nominations includes a short bio/pitch less than 1 page
  • End nomination period: 9pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, Feb 17th
  • Send slate of respective nominees to Silver Members: Thursday, Feb 18th
  • Send TSC members the ballot link to electronic voting: Thursday, Feb 18th using Condorcet voting (http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/)
  • Voting period ends: Tuesday, Feb 23rd at 9pm Pacific Time
  • Election winners announced: Wednesday, Feb 24th
GoToMeeting Instructions

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States (toll-free): 1 877 309 2070
United States: +1 (312) 757-3119

Access Code: 613-310-429