Date   

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Identity WG Quarterly Update Due #tsc-wg-update - Thu, 10/17/2019 #tsc-wg-update #cal-reminder

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Reminder: Hyperledger Identity WG Quarterly Update Due #tsc-wg-update

When: Thursday, 17 October 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Description: Please review the update at TSC Working Group Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.


Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Iroha Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 10/17/2019 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Reminder: Hyperledger Iroha Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When: Thursday, 17 October 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Description: Please review the update at TSC Project Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.


TSC Agenda for Oct 10, 2019

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi,

I posted the agenda for this week's call:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2019+10+10+TSC+Agenda

I'm hoping we can make some additional progress on closing some of the process related issues.

Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


Re: meeting this week ?

Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...>
 

Yes, the call is on... there are 7 of the TSC here and pretty much everyone else is interested in participating.

Chris


On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 8:12 AM mark wagner <mwagner@...> wrote:

Hi

With the maintainers meeting going on this week will we still have a TSC call ?

-mark

--
Mark Wagner
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc


Re: meeting this week ?

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Yes, we will have the TSC call this week. I started an agenda and hope we can knock off a few more process related issues: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2019+10+10+TSC+Agenda

Please, everyone, note that several projects and WGs reports are overdue...
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM




From:        "mark wagner" <mwagner@...>
To:        Hyperledger List <tsc@...>
Date:        10/08/2019 07:12 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger TSC] meeting this week ?
Sent by:        tsc@...





Hi

With the maintainers meeting going on this week will we still have a TSC call ?

-mark

--

Mark Wagner
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc




meeting this week ?

mark wagner <mwagner@...>
 


Hi

With the maintainers meeting going on this week will we still have a TSC call ?

-mark

--
Mark Wagner
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc


Dan Middleton taking on the new role of vice-chair of TSC

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi all,
On yesterday's TSC call, the TSC adopted the following resolution (https://wiki.hyperledger.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=20021855):

        Add a vice-chair who can take over when the chair is not available. The first member to win the election is chair, the second is vice-chair.

I proposed to implement this resolution immediately which, based on the results of the last TSC chair election, would make Dan Middelton the vice-chair for the current term. However, Dan not being on the call due to travel, the TSC decided to confirm with him first whether he'd be willing to serve as vice-chair.

I'm happy to say that he is! So, we now have Dan Middleton as vice-chair of the TSC, effective immediately.

Cheers.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


The archive of minutes has been copied to the new wiki

Ry Jones
 

You might notice the wiki now has all of the TSC minutes and recordings, as available. There were a few meetings without recordings or minutes.

I have found this assists finding old items much easier.
Ry
--
Ry Jones
Community Architect, Hyperledger


Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Sawtooth Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 10/10/2019 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Reminder: Hyperledger Sawtooth Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When: Thursday, 10 October 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Description: Please review the update at TSC Project Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.


Re: TSC election suggestions

Arnaud Le Hors
 

I've added a series of topics to the TSC wiki to capture these proposals and put them on the agenda for vote:Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM




From:        "Brian Behlendorf" <bbehlendorf@...>
To:        "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Date:        09/25/2019 08:05 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger TSC] TSC election suggestions
Sent by:        tsc@...




Hi all,
The HL staff involved in administering the recent TSC election recently met to discuss things we might want to do differently next year, as well as some suggestions we'd have for the TSC, to make next year's election even smoother.
1) It's clear there were some members of the community who felt underinformed about the election timeline and process.  The Hyperledger Charter, section 4.II.a, says "The TSC shall approve the process and timing for nominations and elections held on an annual basis."  We had created the 2019 Election wiki page and published a timeline there, and announced it on TSC calls, but could have done a better job in ensuring TSC acceptance and buy-in of the process and communication around it.  Next time, we suggest that the process & timeline be proposed by the HL staff to the TSC and affirmed by a vote, so that the TSC can ensure and represent to the wider community how it's happening and why it's trustworthy.
2) Along with getting TSC formal approval, it would be helpful to have two or three volunteer election observerswho are not running for the TSC, with whom we can CC on every election-related conversation we have or action we take, who can help us with the voter list, and with whom we can share the results from Condorcet.  Apache has election monitors for this purpose.  Those monitors, of course, will not have access to the raw votes, just as HL staff do not.
3) Perhaps the biggest source of public confusion, and the greatest amount of work for HL staff, was in creating the list of eligible voters from the myriad of different systems for collaboration, and then de-duping and correcting for invalid addresses.  The charter describes an eligible voter very loosely: "anyone in the technical community that contributes code, documentation or other technical artifacts to the HLP codebase".  It doesn't tightly define "codebase" nor does it say how much of a contribution is merited, so a one-line edit to the wiki or reporting a bug would qualify.  We are happy to see the TSC looking at redefining who's allowed to vote.  In Apache, only actual members of the ASF can vote on their board, and there is always a known good email address for reaching someone, and that persists even when individuals change jobs/employers.  In addition to other criteria like "easy to describe" and "perceived as fair and hard to game", we would also ask that "easily resolvable to a working email address" be a part of the decision on who's eligible to vote.  Any substantive change to eligibility requirements should also be turned into a proposed amendment to the Charter.
4) Regarding nominations: we recommend moving back to public nominations posted to the TSC list, backed with wiki page from the nominee, rather than collecting by form then posting to the wiki at the start of the election.  We also recommend doing away with formally nominating someone else to vote.  There were three candidates nominated by others who withdrew their candidacy as they weren't aware they were being nominated.  And we provided no window between the time we took nominations and the start of the election to verify.
5) Timing.  There were some aspects of the election with tight turn-around times during a month, August, when many people are on vacations or otherwise distracted.  It may be better to push TSC elections out a month or two; perhaps, use September to do the data collection to determine who's allowed to vote and take nominations, and then October to conduct the vote over a slightly longer period, to maximize potential participation.
Hope this is helpful,
Brian
--
Brian Behlendorf
Executive Director, Hyperledger
bbehlendorf@...
Twitter: @brianbehlendorf





TSC Agenda for Oct 3, 2019

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi,

I posted the agenda for this week's call:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2019+10+03+TSC+Agenda

I don't know how far we'll be able to go down the list of proposals but I tried to put first some that don't seem to be controversial in hope to get a bunch of these behind us.
I also note that reports from the Architecture WG and the Fabric project are due.

Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


Burrow Relaunch - The Boring Blockchain

Silas Davis
 

Hello TSC list,

As I mentioned at Burrow's last quarterly update I believe Burrow is punching below its weight due to a mixture of lack of awareness and lack of good docs.

We have finally completed a significant docs writing and re-writing exercise. The fruits of which can be found here (source in /docs on github):

https://hyperledger.github.io/burrow

I have also drafted a (rather long) blog post that aims to do two things:

1. Provide a brand/vision/philosophy for Burrow that is easy to understand and engaging (and hopefully representative)

2. Present our core features as part of a coherent story all in one place

The post is here:


I am particularly interested in feedback from the wider TSC list on three points:

1. Does the branding philosophy and vision of Burrow outlined work for you? Does this give a clearer idea why you might choose Burrow? Can it be improved?

2. Do you have any suggestions on improving our new documentation which we could implement in a less than an hour?

3. Do you see any opportunity to add some connective tissue between features in the in detail section.

I have already spent more time than I intended on this. I welcome feedback but I also do not want the perfect to be the enemy of the good. I am about to do a thorough proof-read myself, but if you notice anything please comment on gist.

Regarding 2, if anyone has the time to walk through any of our docs to check the steps work as advertised then we ❤️ you.

I am hoping to get this live before maintainer's summit but we'll see how it goes. Once it is up retweets and sharing will be very much appreciated.

Vale Marmota!

Silas



Proposed Hyperledger PSWG Agenda for Tuesday 01-October-2019, 9 AM EDT

mark wagner <mwagner@...>
 

<tl;dr>
We will hear about a soon to be proposed project, called Hyperledger Beam, at least for now...


Hi
To view the official calendar invite please go here:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/HYP/Calendar+of+Public+Meetings
hat do we need from you?

Support, we are a up and coming start up and we are looking to introduce a test-net written in Python for merely testing purposes. If anyone has the time to pitch in please do not hesitate to e-mail us back so that we can proceed to implement Hyperledger Beam

As reminder the call is open to everyone and all are encouraged to attend. You do not need to be a member of Hyperledger to participate.

We will use the Zoom number -  https://zoom.us/j/4034983298


Topics we should cover:

1) Antitrust notice -- Please make sure you are in compliance with the notice before the meeting

2) Welcome  / introductions for new folks on the call

3) A discussion of an upcoming Hyperledger Project proposal, currently dubbed Hyperledger Beam. From the author:

Below you will see an PDF attachment on what Hyperledger Beam is and with your support we hope to be able to bridge the gap that allows organizations to set up a secure and scalable blockchain at the click of only a few buttons. Our methods would easily allow for mass adoption in a scalable, secure, fee-less, privacy controlled environment. After reading the PDF introduction we encourage you to read the below 2 medium links.



The first one being a introduction to out MVP which allows for blockchains to scale and be secure at the same time, while the second one talks more about how other projects are trying to achieve the same results as we are and their flaws.
 
4) The Working Group Task Force seems to recommending killing all Working Groups and looking to reboot a few select WGs as a Tasks Force. We could potentially switch to a SIG.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TF/Working+Group+Task+Force

Be sure to click through the sublinks. Feel free to add comments, etc.

5)  Other topics ?
  Please feel free to "reply all" if you have anything.

4) The Working Group Task Force seems to recommending killing all Working Groups and looking to reboot a few select WGs as a Tasks Force. We could potentially switch to a SIG.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TF/Working+Group+Task+Force

Be sure to click through the sublinks. Feel free to add comments, etc.

5)  Other topics ?
  Please feel free to "reply all" if you have anything.

--
Mark Wagner
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc


CFP DEADLINE EXTENDED: Hyperledger Global Forum 2020

Jessica Rampen
 

Hello, 

We've extended the deadline to submit a talk for Hyperledger Global Forum 2020! You now have until next Friday, 10/4 to submit.

Submit your talk here: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/hyperledger-global-forum-2020/program/cfp/

Thanks, 

Jessica Rampen
Sr. Manager of Marketing Communications 
Hyperledger
650-787-3548


What is the role of a company that sponsors a top level project?

Ry Jones
 

What are the responsibilities? What are the roles?
I've started a wiki page to discuss.
Ry
--
Ry Jones
Community Architect, Hyperledger


Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Fabric Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 10/03/2019 #cal-reminder #tsc-project-update

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Reminder: Hyperledger Fabric Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When: Thursday, 3 October 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Description: The Hyperledger Fabric update to the TSC was due 30 September, 2019, and it will be presented to the TSC on 3 October, 2019. Please review the update at TSC Project Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.


Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Architecture WG Quarterly Update Due #tsc-wg-update - Thu, 10/03/2019 #tsc-wg-update #cal-reminder

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Reminder: Hyperledger Architecture WG Quarterly Update Due #tsc-wg-update

When: Thursday, 3 October 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Description: The Hyperledger Architecture WG update to the TSC was due 30 September, 2019, and it will be reviewed by the TSC on 3 October, 2019. Please review the update at TSC Working Group Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.


Re: security vuln reporting policy in GH

Dave Huseby <dhuseby@...>
 

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 7:53 AM Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:
Since this is a .md file in repo, delegating updates to that file as required to the maintainers of that repo makes sense to me.

It would also be pretty easy to roll out a default, as you described, and have maintainers update if they like?
Ry

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. Default sent

Dave


Re: TSC election suggestions

Swetha Repakula
 

+1. I like the idea of a having a longer election moved later and also taking more time to collect the voter list.

Thanks,
Swetha


Re: security vuln reporting policy in GH

Ry Jones
 


On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 7:53 AM Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:
Since this is a .md file in repo, delegating updates to that file as required to the maintainers of that repo makes sense to me.

It would also be pretty easy to roll out a default, as you described, and have maintainers update if they like?
Ry


--
Ry Jones
Community Architect, Hyperledger

1161 - 1180 of 3871