Date

REMINDER: Hyperledger Contributor-Marketing Committee Meeting - Nov 13

Jessica Rampen

Hi Hyperledger Contributors,

We hope that you'll join the next Hyperledger Contributor-Marketing Committee Meeting, happening Nov 13 at 9am PT.

The purpose of the call is to discuss marketing related initiatives around the Hyperledger projects and community. This is a great opportunity for you to learn how to get involved in many aspects of marketing including overall messaging, events, content, social media, and PR, to further help the public hear about and understand Hyperledger and its community.

Goal(s): Improve the communication between marketing and technical leaders in the community Gain guidance and involvement from Hyperledger project technical experts in marketing initiatives Understand how we can better work together to amplify Hyperledger’s public presence and marketing messages

Who should join: Maintainers, active contributors to Hyperledger projects

Dial in information: The second Wednesday of every month.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/982600073

One tap mobile +16465588656,,982600073# US (New York) +16699006833,,982600073# US (San Jose) Dial by your location +1 646 558 8656 US (New York) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) 877 369 0926 US Toll-free 855 880 1246 US Toll-free +1 647 558 0588 Canada 855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free Meeting ID: 982 600 073 Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abaoIu7JMk

Hosted by: Jessica Rampen (Sr. Manager of Marketing Communications) Dan O’Prey (Hyperledger MC chair) Alissa Worley (Hyperledger MC vice chair)

Regards,

Jessica Rampen
Sr. Manager of Marketing Communications
Hyperledger
650-787-3548

Re: TSC Agenda for Oct 31, 2019

Gari Singh <garis@...>

Arnaud and team,

I likely will not be able to make the call today.  I'll try to join at the bottom of the hour but have a couple of unfortunate schedule conflicts today.

-- G

IBM Middleware
550 King St
Littleton, MA 01460
Cell: 978-846-7499
garis@...

From: "Arnaud Le Hors" <lehors@...>
Sent by: tsc@...
To: tsc@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Agenda for Oct 31, 2019
Date: Thu, Oct 31, 2019 5:00 AM

Hi,

Sorry for posting it a bit late but the agenda for this week's call is up:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2019+10+31+TSC+Agenda

Let me know if you'd like to add anything.

TSC Agenda for Oct 31, 2019

Sorry for posting it a bit late but the agenda for this week's call is up:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2019+10+31+TSC+Agenda

Let me know if you'd like to add anything.

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Performance and Scalability WG Quarterly Update Due #tsc-wg-update - Thu, 11/07/2019 #tsc-wg-update #cal-reminder

Reminder: Hyperledger Performance and Scalability WG Quarterly Update Due #tsc-wg-update

When: Thursday, 7 November 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Burrow Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 11/07/2019 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

Reminder: Hyperledger Burrow Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When: Thursday, 7 November 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Re: Maintainers summit debrief

Brian Behlendorf

Thanks for this, Dan.  We'll get the ball rolling on looking for space ahead of HGF in Arizona in March.

Brian

On 10/24/19 1:50 AM, Middleton, Dan wrote:

Hi,

I may not be on the TSC call today. Regarding the summit, happy to debrief more next week if desired but here's some notes.

In general the format was successful in creating a more collaborative environment across projects and I believe the consensus was it is a preferable format to Hackfests and that this type of event was overdue this year.

The first day we adhered more or less to this sketch of activities: Cross-Pollination Exercises. The goal was to mix together maintainers from different projects and stimulate new thinking. We did activities like architecture exchanges and learning each other's PR processes and in some cases actually submitting PRs.

Some commonalities were observed including a recognition we will soon all be on a common github workflow.

There were some cross project commits including some work between Ursa and Transact.

The remainder of the summit moved into an unconference structure populated with some pre-prepared agenda topics listed on the event page and items arising from discussions in day 1.

There was notably broad interest in projects designed for cross-use like Transact.

We discussed repeating these summits as frequently as quarterly but also recognize travel limitations. One suggestion was to put a day on the front of HLGF for a maintainers summit.

Other participants are asked to copy their notes to the list or wiki. I know some notes went out immediately to the appropriate chat channels.

Regards,
Dan

Re: Maintainers summit debrief

Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...>

can concur.

IBM Fellow, CTO Open Technology
email: chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris
IBM Open Source white paper: https://developer.ibm.com/articles/cl-open-architecture-update/
phone: +1 508 667 0402

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>

[...]

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Indy Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 10/31/2019 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

Reminder: Hyperledger Indy Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When: Thursday, 31 October 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

TSC Agenda for Oct 24, 2019

I posted the agenda for this week's call:

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2019+10+24+TSC+Agenda

I also note that the report from the Architecture WG is still missing...

Telemetry in Hyperledger projects

The Linux Foundation recently updated its policy on the collection of telemetry data by LF-hosted projects:

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/telemetry-data-policy/

Basically: there are issues with telemetry that are not obvious at first.  If we really want to do it, we would need to obtain permission from the Linux Foundation.  I can see value in doing it - it'd be nice to report on how many running instances and networks are running out there.  But if we want to do it, we should figure out a coordinated way to do it, and get that vetted & approved by the LF.

I'm not aware of any HL projects currently using it; if there are, let's talk about how you're doing it and how best to support it.

Quarterly report on the Identity WG

Vipin Bharathan

Hello TSC,

The latest ID WG quarterly report is available for your consideration.

Please mark that you have read it.
Questions and comments from all interested parties can of course be input right on the wiki page.

Thank you,
Vipin Bharathan

Re: TSC Oct 17, 2019 call cancelled

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>

If anyone had some real urgent business though, they could put it on the agenda and we can have a proper async discussion.

Right now the only things I see in the backlog are topics that Gari insisted on.

--Dan

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Jonathan Levi <jonathan@...>
Date: Monday, October 14, 2019 at 5:53 PM
To: "chrisfer@..." <chrisfer@...>, "jonathan@..." <jonathan@...>
Cc: "mwagner114@..." <mwagner114@...>, Gari Singh <garis@...>, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, Hyperledger List <tsc@...>, Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Oct 17, 2019 call cancelled

;-)

Understood. Fair enough...

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 10:11 PM, Christopher Ferris

<chrisfer@...> wrote:

emeritus

IBM Fellow, CTO Open Technology
IBM Digital Business Group, Open Technologies
email: chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris

IBM Open Source white paper: https://developer.ibm.com/articles/cl-open-architecture-update/
phone: +1 508 667 0402

On Oct 14, 2019, at 8:43 AM, Jonathan Levi <jonathan@...> wrote:

Normally/naturally, that would be Mr Chris Ferris, I believe?

-- Jonathan

https://unbounded.network

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 15:33, Mark Wagner

<mwagner114@...> wrote:

do we need a vice vice chair?

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019, 08:22 Gari Singh <garis@...> wrote:

Hmm ... so the first time where having the vice chair in place would have helped has failed.
:-)

IBM Middleware
550 King St
Littleton, MA 01460