Date

GitHub.dev is widely available

Ry Jones

GitHub.dev runs an in-browser instance of VSCode - if you open it on a PR, it will show you just the changed files (much like Gerrit). To see it, find a PR and press the period key. If you'd like to see a sample, visit https://github.dev/hyperledger/tsc/pull/12

Thanks,
Ry

Agenda for TSC call of August 12, 2021

The main discussion item for tomorrow's call will be to try and wrap up the election discussion started last week. When that's done we can tap into the backlog of issues or any other item you might want to bring up.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+08+12+TSC+Meeting+Record

Talk to you then.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM

Marketing - DevRel call Wednesday

The monthly Marketing - Developer Relations call is Wednesday[0]. I should have mentioned this on the TSC call, but I missed it.
Ry

Capital Markets call on Aug 11, 10 am EDT

The Hyperledger Capital Markets Special Interest Group announces a proposal to create a Mortgage sub-group. To discuss the details of the proposal Angel Alban President of Zventus and Marvin Bantugan co-Founder
will be at our next meeting on August 11 at 10 am EDT.

They will provide a quick overview of the mortgage industry and workflow to illustrate the potential use cases for blockchain technology. Also highlighted will be public data on mortgage blockchain projects globally and in the Americas specifically the US.

Please join us to plan deliverables and create your own lab or project to align with the MBS Sub-Group.

Where: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09
Details: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/CMSIG/2021-08-11

Digital Transformation Consultant

Agenda for TSC call for August 5, 2021

Kuhrt, Tracy A.

Hi, all.

Please find the agenda for the 2021 08 05 TSC meeting. We have two topics of discussion on the agenda. The first is to wrap up the Incubation Entry Considerations. Please note that I have attempted to clean this up and provide clarity to the discussion points. As such, I have added to the top of the document information on both the considerations and best practices that was discussed in our previous meetings. I left the original discussion points after the horizontal line in the wiki so you could refer back. Please have a read and come ready to discuss what we should change.

Our second topic of discussion is to begin the preparations for the TSC election. I attempted to capture the previous decisions that have been made related to the TSC election on the agenda so we did not need to locate during the meeting.

Looking forward to the discussion tomorrow.

Tracy

www.accenture.com

Repos still using master branch

In January 2020, projects were given two quarters to move from master to main for the default branch. Two quarters have passed; these are the repos, by project, that still need to switch. I'm willing to help projects by providing a sample settings.yml; please reach out directly.
Ry

Aries:
hyperledger/aries-acapy-controllers
hyperledger/aries-framework-dotnet
hyperledger/aries-mobile-agent-xamarin
hyperledger/aries-protocol-test-suite
hyperledger/aries-rfcs
hyperledger/aries-vcx

Besu:
hyperledger/besu
hyperledger/besu-docs
hyperledger/besu-native
hyperledger/homebrew-besu

Caliper:
hyperledger/caliper
hyperledger/caliper-benchmarks

Indy:
hyperledger/indy-docs
hyperledger/indy-hipe
hyperledger/indy-node
hyperledger/indy-plenum
hyperledger/indy-sdk
hyperledger/indy-test-automation

Iroha:
hyperledger/iroha-javascript
hyperledger/iroha-python

Transact:
hyperledger/transact-sdk-go
hyperledger/transact-sdk-javascript

Running late to the TSC meeting

Arun S M

Hi,

I have an unavoidable conflict for the first half of today's TSC meeting.
One of the major discussion topics for today is incubation entry considerations. I am up to date with the latest comments put up on the confluence page.

Regards,
Arun

Agenda for TSC call of July 29, 2021

we'll continue the discussion on the list of considerations for incubation entry. I encourage everyone to review what's already there and think about what they'd like to change if anything.
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+07+29+TSC+Meeting+Record

Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM

Capital Markets SIG meeting next Wednesday at 9 am

VIPIN BHARATHAN

#impactinvesting
Please note the 9 am. EDT time, it is an hour earlier than our usual scheduled time.

Hyperledger Capital Markets SIG presents

Ashish Anand on Warehouse Receipt Finance

Ashish is the CEO of Whrrl

Whrrl won awards from DBS Bank, ETHDenver, Binance and others.

Warehouse Receipt (WHR) Lending is a system of financing working capital to Farmers, Commodity Traders and Producer Companies against commodities deposited in warehouses and pledged with the lenders.

Whrrl is a B2B2C Blockchain PaaS startup working in the area of Warehouse Receipt Finance that helps Farmers, Traders & Producer Companies raise working capital to cover crop cycles ranging from 6-12 Months.

Whrrl collects data from warehouses with the help of IoT devices and puts that data on Blockchain creating an immutable record of Collateral and its attributes like Ownership, Quality and Location. This helps lenders make informed decisions, cuts the role of intermediaries and reduces the risk of fraud. This also helps scale a marketplace, reducing cost for farmers and reducing collateral risk for lenders.

Where:

https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

When: July 28, 2021 9:00 am EDT (13:00 UTC)

Details: 2021-07-28

Digital Transformation Consultant

Re: [Hyperledger Ursa] Event: Hyperledger Ursa Biweekly Meeting - 07/21/2021 #cal-reminder

Ry Jones

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 11:12 AM David Boswell <dboswell@...> wrote:
Vipin and Arun, thanks for flagging this invite conflict.  I can reach out to Hart and Nicko offline to sort this out and update invites as needed.

If anyone else runs into any other meeting conflicts like this, feel free to let us know and we'll resolve it.

FYI, the meetups do use the calendar.  I check the calendar before scheduling every virtual meetup and all virtual meetups get added to the community calendar.  For reference, the meetups get scheduled at:

Thanks,
David

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 9:03 AM VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...> wrote:
In case people have doubts about these zoom links
  1. Hyperledger meetings use three separate links (TSC has its own) - they are  all shared between WGs/SIGs/other groups
  2. As long as people use these without treading on each other it should be fine ( no more than 3 meetings can happen simultaneously.
  3. Requires a shared calendar to verify that one or more of the zoom links are free at a particular time. https://lists.hyperledger.org/calendar
  4. Also requires that all groups using the calendar either have direct and indirect write access to the calendar. Does not look like the firefly guys and the meetup groups use the calendar to ensure no collisions.
  5. You have to self-administer the collisions and collaborate.

Digital Transformation Consultant

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of "Nicko Guyer via lists.hyperledger.org" <nicko.guyer=kaleido.io@...>
Date: Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 12:17 PM
To: "hyperledger-tsc@..." <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Cc: Steve Cerveny <steve.cerveny@...>, Sophia Lopez <sophia.lopez@...>, Jim Zhang <jim.zhang@...>, Peter Broadhurst <peter.broadhurst@...>
Subject: [Hyperledger TSC] FireFly Community Update

Hello TSC Members,

It has been five weeks since we announced FireFly as a Hyperledger Lab and we just wanted to give a quick update highlighting some of the exciting things going on as we continue to build the FireFly developer community.

Weekly Community Calls

For the past four weeks, we’ve held community calls for FireFly. While we are getting the community established, the first part of our calls has been a presentation by a FireFly maintainer on a technical topic to help people become more familiar with FireFly. It’s been great to see some of you there and thanks for your input and interactions so far!

For those that haven’t been able to make it, here are some of the topics that we have discussed:

We plan to continue this series of technical topics for at least the next four weeks. These community calls have led to some great discussions, helping developers understand how FireFly works and its architecture and design. We also had great discussions on token architecture and design input with Vipin Bharathan, chair of the Capital Markets SIG, and message event sequencing with Arun S M.

The most exciting part is that we have had developers from multiple countries express interest in getting involved and contributing to the FireFly project. We just merged the first PR by a community contributor getting ramped up on FireFly earlier today!

Meetups

While the weekly community calls have been great to have discussions with folks that are already at least a bit familiar with FireFly, we also want to continue to look for opportunities to engage new people with FireFly. We have a couple of meetups scheduled in the next few weeks, and plan to continue to do more in the future. Our first meetup is next Thursday, July 22nd (big thanks to the Hyperledger community team to help organize and promote this!), and we are planning another one on the 29th targeting Hyperledger India / Asia Pacific.

Progress toward v1.0

The project itself continues to make great progress, including upcoming major new features such as Tokens and a connector for Fabric. Additionally, we have created an Issue in GitHub to document what v1.0 means, and are working toward this goal.

Thanks again for all the help and support in growing this community! We are excited to see how it continues to grow. Please continue to reach out with ideas for topics to cover on the community calls and with your technical input and architectural collaboration.

Nicko Guyer

www.accenture.com

--
Jim Zhang
Co-founder, Head of Protocol Engineering

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of "Nicko Guyer via lists.hyperledger.org" <nicko.guyer=kaleido.io@...>
Date: Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 12:17 PM
To: "hyperledger-tsc@..." <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Cc: Steve Cerveny <steve.cerveny@...>, Sophia Lopez <sophia.lopez@...>, Jim Zhang <jim.zhang@...>, Peter Broadhurst <peter.broadhurst@...>

[...]

FireFly Community Update

Nicko Guyer

[...]

Re: Capital Markets Call Wednesday 14 July 2021

VIPIN BHARATHAN

Hello everyone,

Great call today with Dr. Franklin Noll.
An exposition on hybrid banknotes.
Our wiki has all the uploaded documents, including the full recording of the call, the slides and the paper.

Thanks again Franklin, your presentation and graciousness in dealing with all questions are much appreciated.

Digital Transformation Consultant