Date

TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings

Hart Montgomery

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to expound a little bit on what I mentioned near the end of the last TSC meeting.  One thing that I think would benefit the TSC (and Hyperledger as a whole) is more awareness of and interaction with different projects.  This could spur more cross-project collaboration, less fragmentation between projects, and, in general, more project happiness with the TSC.

I proposed the following:  ask each TSC member to attend one project meeting a month for a project that they are not affiliated to and have not been a contributor (and, ideally, one that they have not attended before).  Whether people want to introduce themselves and participate or just listen wouldn't matter too much; I think just attendance would be great.  Additionally, I'd suggest we keep track of meeting attendance in some kind of spreadsheet (either public, if people are OK with it, or private to the TSC) with the main purpose being that TSC members know which meetings other members have attended so that we can stagger our attendance across many project meetings (for instance, this won't be very effective if all the TSC members attend the same meeting).  The time commitment--one meeting a month--should be pretty small, and I hope that going to these meetings would be very informative for TSC members, and an opportunity for projects who aren't strongly connected to the TSC to ask questions about HL as a whole if they want.

There probably shouldn't be a strict mandate for this, but ideally, there could be some form of "reward" as well:  maybe Daniela (or the LF) could buy TSC members who made a new meeting a month some dinner/drinks at the next in-person HL meeting (or maybe the global forum?) as sort of a fun incentive for participation?

What do people think about this?  If this seems like a good idea, I'll write up something more formal.

Thank you very much for reading, and have a great day.

Maintainer call on Thursday, Nov 4 at 8:00 AM pacific -- project lifecycle and Maintainer Summit

David Boswell

The next Maintainer Orientation call is happening this Thursday, Nov 4 at 8AM pacific.  Note that Europe changed their clocks back an hour on Oct 31, but the US doesn't change clocks until Nov 7, so double-check the time for this in your time zone.

We want to cover recent updates to the project lifecycle and how the project proposal and project graduation process works.  We also want your thoughts and ideas about what you'd like to see in a Maintainer Summit next year.  We can also cover any other questions you may have about being a maintainer for a project or lab.

Thanks,
David

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 7:30 AM David Boswell <dboswell@...> wrote:
The next Maintainer Orientation call is scheduled for Thursday, November 4 at 8:00 AM pacific.  These are quarterly calls where people leading a project or lab can ask questions or share best practices.  The dial-in for that is:

These are open calls where we can discuss anything you'd like, although we'll also prepare some material we think will be useful.  For this meeting, we'd like to go over recent updates to the Project Lifecycle and talk about how to create a Hyperledger Lab, Incubation Project or Graduated Project.  Relevant links for that discussion are at:

Thanks,
David

Agenda for TSC Call of November 4, 2021

Kuhrt, Tracy A.

Hello, all.

Tracy

Re: Hyperledger Project Proposal: Hyperledger Lab YUI

Kuhrt, Tracy A.

Hi, Motoki.

You might be interested in the project incubation entry considerations. The TSC put together these guidelines for people who are considering bringing their projects to Hyperledger. It would be great to understand what conversations that you have had with the Hyperledger Cactus community. Can you point the TSC to any communications that you have had?

Tracy

Hyperledger Project Proposal: Hyperledger Lab YUI

Motoki Yoshida @Datachain, Hyperledger Lab YUI

Hello TSC members,

I’m Motoki from Datachain, Inc., the initial committer of Hyperledger Lab YUI.

We’re considering creating a Hyperledger Project Proposal to spread YUI more to the Hyperledger community and the developers worldwide. As you might know, YUI is an interoperability project. Therefore, YUI must have unique features that existing projects such as Cactus do not have.

As I have summarised the primary points that distinguish YUI from other projects below, could you please review them and give us any feedback?

Once we confirm there is a possibility of being approved as a Hyperledger project, we will begin writing the whole proposal.

------------
The uniqueness of YUI is:
- There is a messaging layer, which is separate from functions and apps, in accordance with IBC.
- It can be connected to the Cosmos ecosystem.
- You can create a functional layer on top of the messaging layer; for example, a general-purpose cross-chain framework like the Cross Framework can be implemented.

Moreover, with YUI, any enterprise blockchains such as Hyperledger Fabric and Hyperledger Besu can be connected to other public blockchains such as Ethereum. It allows any assets on enterprise blockchains and stable tokens (e.g., USDC) to be exchanged simultaneously. This example is helpful for DVP settlements between any assets and digital currencies.

Therefore, YUI is one of the solutions to achieve interoperability; however, there is a great difference between the existing Hyperledger projects and YUI.

Learn more on the doc: https://github.com/hyperledger-labs/yui-docs
------------

Thanks,
Motoki

Datachain, Inc.(株式会社Datachain)
Business Planning(事業企画)
Motoki Yoshida(吉田 基紀)

〒106-0032
3rd floor, Kurosaki-building, 4-1-4, Roppongi, Minato, Tokyo
東京都港区六本木4-1-4 黒崎ビル3階

Mobile: 050-1745-7363

Re: [Hyperledger Capital Markets SIG] Digital Currency Global Initiative: Webinars on Retail and Wholesale CBDCs - Save the Date - 19th and 23rd November 2021 - PLEASE PROMOITE THE WEBINARS FROM YOUR SIDE AS WELL & INVTE YOUR CONTACTS TO REGISTER

Alfonso Govela Thomae

Thank you Marc for sharing

On Oct 27, 2021, at 2:33 PM, Marc Liberati <marc.liberati@...> wrote:

Agenda for TSC Call of October 28, 2021

Kuhrt, Tracy A.

Hello, all.

Tracy

www.accenture.com

Hyperledger Sawtooth Quarterly Update

Andrea Gunderson

Hyperledger Sawtooth quarterly update is ready for review.

Re: TSC Chair election results

Danno Ferrin

Congrats Tracy!  It will be an honor to serve under your leadership.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 8:28 AM Kuhrt, Tracy A. <tracy.a.kuhrt@...> wrote:

Thanks all for the support. Congratulations to Danno on his Vice Chair role. I am interested in hearing your thoughts on what we should focus on this year. Looking forward to what we will accomplish.

Tracy

From: Ry Jones <rjones@...>
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 7:06 AM
To: TSC <tsc@...>
Cc: "Kuhrt, Tracy A." <tracy.a.kuhrt@...>, Danno Ferrin <danno.ferrin@...>, Arun S M <arun.s.m.cse@...>
Subject: [External] TSC Chair election results

Congratulations to Tracy and Danno, the Chair and Vice Chair respectively, of the 2021-2022 TSC term.

Ry

www.accenture.com

Re: TSC Chair election results

Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...>

Well done! Congrats to both Tracy and Danno!

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris IBM Fellow, CTO Open Technology
twitter: @christo4ferris | phone: +1 508 667 0402 | blog:
https://developer.ibm.com/profiles/chrisfer/

Thanks all for the support. Congratulations to Danno on his Vice Chair role. I am interested in hearing your thoughts on what we should focus on this year. Looking forward to what we will accomplish. Tracy ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

From: Ry Jones <rjones@...>
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 7:06 AM
To: TSC <tsc@...>
Cc: "Kuhrt, Tracy A." <tracy.a.kuhrt@...>, Danno Ferrin <danno.ferrin@...>, Arun S M <arun.s.m.cse@...>

Congratulations to Tracy and Danno, the Chair and Vice Chair respectively, of the 2021-2022 TSC term.

Ry

www.accenture.com

Re: TSC Chair election results

Duncan Johnston-Watt

+1. Exciting times.

Best
--
Duncan Johnston-Watt
Co-Founder & CEO | BTP

On 21 Oct 2021, at 18:52, Arun S M <arun.s.m.cse@...> wrote:

Congrats Tracy and Danno :)

Regards,
Arun

From: Ry Jones <rjones@...>
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 7:06 AM
To: TSC <tsc@...>
Cc: "Kuhrt, Tracy A." <tracy.a.kuhrt@...>, Danno Ferrin <danno.ferrin@...>, Arun S M <arun.s.m.cse@...>

Congratulations to Tracy and Danno, the Chair and Vice Chair respectively, of the 2021-2022 TSC term.

Ry

www.accenture.com

Next Maintainer Orientation call on Thursday, November 4 at 8:00 AM pacific

David Boswell

From: Ry Jones <rjones@...>
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 7:06 AM
To: TSC <tsc@...>
Cc: "Kuhrt, Tracy A." <tracy.a.kuhrt@...>, Danno Ferrin <danno.ferrin@...>, Arun S M <arun.s.m.cse@...>

Congratulations to Tracy and Danno, the Chair and Vice Chair respectively, of the 2021-2022 TSC term.

Ry

www.accenture.com

TSC Chair election results

Ry Jones

Congratulations to Tracy and Danno, the Chair and Vice Chair respectively, of the 2021-2022 TSC term.
Ry

Updated Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) #cal-invite

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

When:
Thursday, October 28, 2021
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Weekly on Thursday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/93304666234?pwd=OEswSmpjS2oxeWE2NmZId2hBanBnQT09

Organizer: TSC community-architects@...

Please see the agenda: TSC meeting records

Join Zoom Meeting:
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system:

Presentation tomorrow at 10 am EDT

VIPIN BHARATHAN

ERC-1400 and beyond: towards regulated digital assets on Polymesh

A talk by Graeme Moore:

Graeme Moore is the Head of Tokenization at Polymath, which makes it easy to create and manage security tokens through tools on Ethereum and a soon-to-be-released, purpose-built blockchain named Polymesh.

He is also an advisory board member of RedSwan, a marketplace for tokenized commercial real estate; and the author of B is for Bitcoin, the first ever ABC book about Bitcoin.

Talk:
Polymath spearheaded ERC-1400 to enable securities on Ethereum, but after encountering key issues with public blockchains for regulated assets, embarked on building Polymesh - a blockchain purpose-built for capital markets. Polymesh is built with five key pillars in mind: governance, identity, confidentiality, compliance, and settlement.

On zoom
At 10 am EDT (14:00 UTC)

Digital Transformation Consultant

Results from Hyperledger TSC election for 2021-2022

David Boswell

The TSC election is now over.  Thank you to everyone who voted.  We'd like to also thank everyone who nominated themselves to run this year.

The results are in and the TSC members for 2021-2022 are listed below in alphabetical order:
  • Angelo De Caro
  • Arnaud J Le Hors
  • Artem Barger
  • Arun S M
  • Bobbi Muscara
  • Danno Ferrin
  • Dave Enyeart
  • Grace Hartley
  • Hart Montgomery
  • Jim Zhang
  • Kamlesh Nagware
  • Nathan George
  • Peter Somogyvari
  • Tracy Kuhrt
  • Troy Ronda
For next steps, the elected TSC members will have an election to pick a TSC Chair.  We'll announce the results from that election as soon as it is completed.  And look for more details soon for the details of the first TSC meeting with the new members.

Thanks,
David

Re: No TSC call this week and next week, end of current TSC term and chair

Baohua Yang

Hi Arnaud

Thanks very much for all your efforts as chair in the past year!

Glad to hear that you got a new position and wish you enjoy a wonderful time with it!

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 10:21 AM Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi all,

So with the situation regarding the DCI proposal clarified I can now confirm that we won't be having a call this week. And we won't have one next week either while the new TSC elects its new chair.

Again, I want to thank all the current TSC members for their contribution to date.

I hope to be elected to the next TSC but I will now say that I don't plan to run for the chair position again. I have new responsibilities at IBM for which I need to free some time and I think it will be good for the TSC to have some change. It's been an honor and a pleasure to serve as chair and I thank you all for having given me the opportunity. I'll be happy to help the next chair get up to speed if desired.

Best regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM

--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang