Date   

Updated Event: Task Force: Chat - Wednesday, November 17, 2021 #cal-invite

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Task Force: Chat

When:
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/99195458526

View Event

Description:
Please join the TSC task force on where we are and where we should go with chat.
Background: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TF/Hyperledger+Community+Chat+Taskforce

Meeting link: https://zoom.us/j/99195458526


Event: Task Force: Chat - Wednesday, November 17, 2021 #cal-invite

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Task Force: Chat

When:
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/99195458526

View Event

Description:
Please join the TSC task force on where we are and where we should go with chat.
https://zoom.us/j/99195458526


Agenda for TSC Call of November 18, 2021

Kuhrt, Tracy A.
 

Hello, all.

Please find this week’s TSC agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+11+18+TSC+Meeting+Record.

Tracy


Cancelled Event: Hyperledger TSC - Thursday, November 25, 2021 #cal-cancelled

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Hyperledger TSC

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, November 25, 2021
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/91447530149?pwd=NWRNQ1BhRjhQd29GNTdUcmVSTWNKQT09

Organizer: Community Architects community-architects@...

Description:

Hyperledger Community is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Meetring agendas are available here:
TSC Meetings 2021 - Technical Steering Committee - Hyperledger Confluence

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/91447530149?pwd=NWRNQ1BhRjhQd29GNTdUcmVSTWNKQT09
 
Meeting ID: 914 4753 0149
Passcode: 139990
 
 


Hyperledger Mentee Project Presentation - November 15th and 17th, 10-11:30am Eastern

Min Yu
 

Dear all,

15 of the Hyperledger mentees participating in this year's mentorship program will be presenting on their work next week. Come join the sessions (details below) and hear directly from them their accomplishments, learnings, and reflections on the journey of becoming a Hyperledger contributor.
Monday, November 15th, 10-11:30am Eastern 
  1. Blockchain Integration for Climate Emissions Data with Fabric and Cactus: Pritam Singh
  2. Declarative workload behavior definition for Hyperledger Caliper, Aastha Bist
  3. Hyperledger Fabric - Hyperledger Aries Integration to support Fabric as Blockchain ledger, Harsh Multani
  4. Implement cross chain contract invocation using 'ServiceMesh' way, Shritesh Jamulkar
  5. Implement two compiler passes for the Solang Solidity Compiler, Lucas Steuernagel
  6. Support Clique for Besu on HL Labs BAF, Roshan Raut 
  7. Support Decentralized Governance for Smart Contracts in Fabric Python SDK, Qiwen Chen (Kiv Chen)
Wednesday, November 17th,  10-11:30am Eastern
  1. Extend secure DID Registry for Hyperledger frameworks on Github/Gitlab, Wei Yao
  2. Documentation and Use Cases for Climate Action, Dounia Marbouh
  3. Extend HL Iroha queries with optional arguments, Piotr Pawłowski
  4. Implement Client Side Security for Climate SIG Fabric Application, Bertrand Rioux
  5. Operate Blockchain Network in an Efficient Way, Yuanmao Zhu
  6. The Giving Chain, Hardik Gupta
  7. The Use of NLP and DLT to Enable the Digitalization of Telecom Roaming Agreements, Santiago Figueroa Lorenzo
  8. Visualization and Analysis of Cross-chain Transactions, Iulia Mihaiu

Kind regards,

Min
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1(530) 902-6464 (m)


Re: Agenda for TSC Call of November 11, 2021

Artem Barger
 

Hey,

I have to attend the conflicting meeting, won't be able to join the TSC call today. Will listen to recording.

Best regards,
                      Artem Barger.


On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 7:09 PM Kuhrt, Tracy A. via lists.hyperledger.org <tracy.a.kuhrt=accenture.com@...> wrote:
Hello, all.

Please find this week’s TSC agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+11+11+TSC+Meeting+Record

Note that the time changed in most of the US this past weekend. Please check your calendar invites to ensure timing.

Tracy


Re: Agenda for TSC Call of November 11, 2021

Angelo De Caro
 

Hi All,

I won't be able to join today's call. I apologise :(

Best,
Angelo De Caro


Re: TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings

Somogyvari, Peter
 

Hi Hart,

 

Sounds like a great idea to me. 

I've attended the Besu call this Monday and it was a great experience. Thank you for this!

I'm eyeing Aries and Ursa meetings next.

 

Kind regards,

Peter 


Peter Somogyvari

Technology Architect

+1 650 488 1741

415 Mission Street, Suite 3500, San Francisco, CA

 

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> On Behalf Of Hart Montgomery
Sent: Monday, November 1, 2021 6:28 PM
To: tsc <tsc@...>
Subject: [External] [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings

 

This message is from an EXTERNAL SENDER - be CAUTIOUS, particularly with links and attachments.


 

Hi Everyone,

 

I wanted to expound a little bit on what I mentioned near the end of the last TSC meeting.  One thing that I think would benefit the TSC (and Hyperledger as a whole) is more awareness of and interaction with different projects.  This could spur more cross-project collaboration, less fragmentation between projects, and, in general, more project happiness with the TSC.

 

I proposed the following:  ask each TSC member to attend one project meeting a month for a project that they are not affiliated to and have not been a contributor (and, ideally, one that they have not attended before).  Whether people want to introduce themselves and participate or just listen wouldn't matter too much; I think just attendance would be great.  Additionally, I'd suggest we keep track of meeting attendance in some kind of spreadsheet (either public, if people are OK with it, or private to the TSC) with the main purpose being that TSC members know which meetings other members have attended so that we can stagger our attendance across many project meetings (for instance, this won't be very effective if all the TSC members attend the same meeting).  The time commitment--one meeting a month--should be pretty small, and I hope that going to these meetings would be very informative for TSC members, and an opportunity for projects who aren't strongly connected to the TSC to ask questions about HL as a whole if they want.

 

There probably shouldn't be a strict mandate for this, but ideally, there could be some form of "reward" as well:  maybe Daniela (or the LF) could buy TSC members who made a new meeting a month some dinner/drinks at the next in-person HL meeting (or maybe the global forum?) as sort of a fun incentive for participation?

 

What do people think about this?  If this seems like a good idea, I'll write up something more formal.

 

Thank you very much for reading, and have a great day.

 

Thanks,

Hart

 




This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.
______________________________________________________________________________________

www.accenture.com


Event: Hyperledger TSC #cal-invite

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Hyperledger TSC

When:
Thursday, November 11, 2021
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Weekly on Thursday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/91447530149?pwd=NWRNQ1BhRjhQd29GNTdUcmVSTWNKQT09

Organizer: Community Architects community-architects@...

View Event

Description:

Hyperledger Community is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Meetring agendas are available here:
TSC Meetings 2021 - Technical Steering Committee - Hyperledger Confluence

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/91447530149?pwd=NWRNQ1BhRjhQd29GNTdUcmVSTWNKQT09
 
Meeting ID: 914 4753 0149
Passcode: 139990
 
 


Agenda for TSC Call of November 11, 2021

Kuhrt, Tracy A.
 

Hello, all.

Please find this week’s TSC agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+11+11+TSC+Meeting+Record

Note that the time changed in most of the US this past weekend. Please check your calendar invites to ensure timing.

Tracy


Cancelled Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) #cal-cancelled

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, October 28, 2021
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Weekly on Thursday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/93304666234?pwd=OEswSmpjS2oxeWE2NmZId2hBanBnQT09

Organizer: TSC community-architects@...

Description:

Please see the agenda: TSC meeting records

Join Zoom Meeting:
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system:


Re: TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings

Alfonso Govela Thomae
 

Happy to continue helping Vipin

On Nov 4, 2021, at 9:00 AM, VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...> wrote:

Hi all,

To jolt the collective memory, the wiki pages that were built by the "breaking the silos" task force included
b. The wiki page for a cross SIG approach
c. Common problems to be solved (an integrative approach)

Most of this material addresses SIGs, as SIGs are at the top layer, the solutions can come from any of the lower layers.
We had started to break out functional and non-functional cross-cutting concerns, which has to be solved through technical means, but has to be presented to the world through higher levels. Thus, doing a survey of activities in projects and labs are a natural extension of this idea.
The activity seems to have petered out, however Andrea Frosinini (the TF SIG Chair) posts frequently on linked in with this hash-tag.
The flame is burning low at the moment, but can be revivified by the current proposal by Hart seconded by Kamlesh and David Boswell.

Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)


From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Bobbi via lists.hyperledger.org<bobbi=ledgeracademy.com@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 4, 2021 10:26 AM
To: Hart Montgomery <hmontgomery@...>
Cc: tsc <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings
 
Hart,
Great Idea, The SIG and WG have such great information to share. Please check out this link to the LMDWG Resource page for SIGs and WGs in a first attempt to organize this effort. https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/LMDWG/Special+Interest+Groups
Bobbi
On 11/01/2021 21:27, Hart Montgomery wrote:
Hi Everyone,
 
I wanted to expound a little bit on what I mentioned near the end of the last TSC meeting.  One thing that I think would benefit the TSC (and Hyperledger as a whole) is more awareness of and interaction with different projects.  This could spur more cross-project collaboration, less fragmentation between projects, and, in general, more project happiness with the TSC.
 
I proposed the following:  ask each TSC member to attend one project meeting a month for a project that they are not affiliated to and have not been a contributor (and, ideally, one that they have not attended before).  Whether people want to introduce themselves and participate or just listen wouldn't matter too much; I think just attendance would be great.  Additionally, I'd suggest we keep track of meeting attendance in some kind of spreadsheet (either public, if people are OK with it, or private to the TSC) with the main purpose being that TSC members know which meetings other members have attended so that we can stagger our attendance across many project meetings (for instance, this won't be very effective if all the TSC members attend the same meeting).  The time commitment--one meeting a month--should be pretty small, and I hope that going to these meetings would be very informative for TSC members, and an opportunity for projects who aren't strongly connected to the TSC to ask questions about HL as a whole if they want.
 
There probably shouldn't be a strict mandate for this, but ideally, there could be some form of "reward" as well:  maybe Daniela (or the LF) could buy TSC members who made a new meeting a month some dinner/drinks at the next in-person HL meeting (or maybe the global forum?) as sort of a fun incentive for participation?
 
What do people think about this?  If this seems like a good idea, I'll write up something more formal.
 
Thank you very much for reading, and have a great day.
 
Thanks,
Hart
 


Re: TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 

Hi all,

To jolt the collective memory, the wiki pages that were built by the "breaking the silos" task force included
b. The wiki page for a cross SIG approach
c. Common problems to be solved (an integrative approach)

Most of this material addresses SIGs, as SIGs are at the top layer, the solutions can come from any of the lower layers.
We had started to break out functional and non-functional cross-cutting concerns, which has to be solved through technical means, but has to be presented to the world through higher levels. Thus, doing a survey of activities in projects and labs are a natural extension of this idea.
The activity seems to have petered out, however Andrea Frosinini (the TF SIG Chair) posts frequently on linked in with this hash-tag.
The flame is burning low at the moment, but can be revivified by the current proposal by Hart seconded by Kamlesh and David Boswell.

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)
vip@...


From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Bobbi via lists.hyperledger.org <bobbi=ledgeracademy.com@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 4, 2021 10:26 AM
To: Hart Montgomery <hmontgomery@...>
Cc: tsc <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings
 

Hart,

Great Idea, The SIG and WG have such great information to share. Please check out this link to the LMDWG Resource page for SIGs and WGs in a first attempt to organize this effort.  https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/LMDWG/Special+Interest+Groups

Bobbi

On 11/01/2021 21:27, Hart Montgomery wrote:

Hi Everyone,
 
I wanted to expound a little bit on what I mentioned near the end of the last TSC meeting.  One thing that I think would benefit the TSC (and Hyperledger as a whole) is more awareness of and interaction with different projects.  This could spur more cross-project collaboration, less fragmentation between projects, and, in general, more project happiness with the TSC.
 
I proposed the following:  ask each TSC member to attend one project meeting a month for a project that they are not affiliated to and have not been a contributor (and, ideally, one that they have not attended before).  Whether people want to introduce themselves and participate or just listen wouldn't matter too much; I think just attendance would be great.  Additionally, I'd suggest we keep track of meeting attendance in some kind of spreadsheet (either public, if people are OK with it, or private to the TSC) with the main purpose being that TSC members know which meetings other members have attended so that we can stagger our attendance across many project meetings (for instance, this won't be very effective if all the TSC members attend the same meeting).  The time commitment--one meeting a month--should be pretty small, and I hope that going to these meetings would be very informative for TSC members, and an opportunity for projects who aren't strongly connected to the TSC to ask questions about HL as a whole if they want.
 
There probably shouldn't be a strict mandate for this, but ideally, there could be some form of "reward" as well:  maybe Daniela (or the LF) could buy TSC members who made a new meeting a month some dinner/drinks at the next in-person HL meeting (or maybe the global forum?) as sort of a fun incentive for participation?
 
What do people think about this?  If this seems like a good idea, I'll write up something more formal.
 
Thank you very much for reading, and have a great day.
 
Thanks,
Hart
 


Re: TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings

Bobbi
 

Hart,

Great Idea, The SIG and WG have such great information to share. Please check out this link to the LMDWG Resource page for SIGs and WGs in a first attempt to organize this effort.  https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/LMDWG/Special+Interest+Groups

Bobbi

On 11/01/2021 21:27, Hart Montgomery wrote:

Hi Everyone,
 
I wanted to expound a little bit on what I mentioned near the end of the last TSC meeting.  One thing that I think would benefit the TSC (and Hyperledger as a whole) is more awareness of and interaction with different projects.  This could spur more cross-project collaboration, less fragmentation between projects, and, in general, more project happiness with the TSC.
 
I proposed the following:  ask each TSC member to attend one project meeting a month for a project that they are not affiliated to and have not been a contributor (and, ideally, one that they have not attended before).  Whether people want to introduce themselves and participate or just listen wouldn't matter too much; I think just attendance would be great.  Additionally, I'd suggest we keep track of meeting attendance in some kind of spreadsheet (either public, if people are OK with it, or private to the TSC) with the main purpose being that TSC members know which meetings other members have attended so that we can stagger our attendance across many project meetings (for instance, this won't be very effective if all the TSC members attend the same meeting).  The time commitment--one meeting a month--should be pretty small, and I hope that going to these meetings would be very informative for TSC members, and an opportunity for projects who aren't strongly connected to the TSC to ask questions about HL as a whole if they want.
 
There probably shouldn't be a strict mandate for this, but ideally, there could be some form of "reward" as well:  maybe Daniela (or the LF) could buy TSC members who made a new meeting a month some dinner/drinks at the next in-person HL meeting (or maybe the global forum?) as sort of a fun incentive for participation?
 
What do people think about this?  If this seems like a good idea, I'll write up something more formal.
 
Thank you very much for reading, and have a great day.
 
Thanks,
Hart
 


Re: TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 

Some of these ideas were already afoot at "breaking the silos" task force, which seems to be inactive at the moment. Of course it did not have the TSC imprimatur. 

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)
vip@...


From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Hart Montgomery via lists.hyperledger.org <hmontgomery=fujitsu.com@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 4, 2021 3:07 AM
To: David Boswell <dboswell@...>; tsc <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings
 
Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your mail.  I think you have some great points and some excellent suggestions for extending this core idea.

Extending this to not only project meetings, but also SIG, working group, and lab meetings is a great idea.  A lot of the work being done in these groups is some of the most novel in Hyperledger.  Having TSC member(s) attend some of these meetings would also hopefully bring the groups closer in to the core community, which would be a great thing as well.

I was hoping this could be as little extra work for TSC members as possible, so while I think it might be good to encourage a report, I'm not sure it should be required--I'd be a little afraid it would disincentivize participation.

Finally, I totally agree with you about expanding this beyond TSC members.  I suggested TSC members because, as TSC members, they have some obligation to be responsive to the Hyperledger Foundation as a whole.  But maintainers that want to do this should definitely be encouraged.  I was actually going to suggest that if we think that this works, then we encourage the governing board to do it as well.  But I guess this would be a tougher ask.

Thanks again for your response, and thanks to all who have responded.

Hart




From: David Boswell <dboswell@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 10:34 AM
To: tsc <tsc@...>
Cc: Montgomery, Hart <hmontgomery@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings
 
Hart, I think this is a great idea and am happy to help support this.  We have a large and sprawling community and we won't be able to benefit from everything that is going on if we don't have a way to get a sense of where there are collaboration opportunities.

The recent discussions between the Cactus project and Weaver lab seem like a good model -- they found out that they had similar goals and were working on similar projects and after connecting they saw there are ways to collaborate.

Considering that, I would encourage people who want to help out as a liaison to also consider connecting with a lab, SIG or WG and not just focus on projects.  For instance, the Performance and Scale WG, as well as several SIGs, are doing interesting technical work that very well could be relevant for others outside those groups.

And I like your idea of somehow getting a sense of who has gone to talk with what other projects or groups.  This would let us know what potential connections have been explored.  Maybe this could involve a liaison giving a quick report back to the TSC on the list or a call to flag things of interest?

+1 also to the idea of recognizing people who do this.  That should definitely be a part of this.  And I would think this could go beyond thanking TSC members -- we could invite maintainers to be doing this as well and recognize them.

Thanks,
David

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 11:10 AM Alfonso Govela Thomae via lists.hyperledger.org <alfonsogovela=me.com@...> wrote:
Yes Kamlesh and Hart, it is a good initiative to attend diverse Projects, WGs, SIGs. It will help bridge the silos!!

Kind regards to you all

On Nov 2, 2021, at 11:17 AM, Kamlesh Nagware <kamlesh.nagware@...> wrote:

Hi Hart,

It's good initiative to understand other Hyperedger projects, I am in and interested to be part of it.

I will like to attend Hyperedger Cactus , Avalon , Firefly meetings.

Thanks & Regards,

Kamlesh Nagware

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021, 6:57 AM Hart Montgomery <hmontgomery@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to expound a little bit on what I mentioned near the end of the last TSC meeting.  One thing that I think would benefit the TSC (and Hyperledger as a whole) is more awareness of and interaction with different projects.  This could spur more cross-project collaboration, less fragmentation between projects, and, in general, more project happiness with the TSC.

I proposed the following:  ask each TSC member to attend one project meeting a month for a project that they are not affiliated to and have not been a contributor (and, ideally, one that they have not attended before).  Whether people want to introduce themselves and participate or just listen wouldn't matter too much; I think just attendance would be great.  Additionally, I'd suggest we keep track of meeting attendance in some kind of spreadsheet (either public, if people are OK with it, or private to the TSC) with the main purpose being that TSC members know which meetings other members have attended so that we can stagger our attendance across many project meetings (for instance, this won't be very effective if all the TSC members attend the same meeting).  The time commitment--one meeting a month--should be pretty small, and I hope that going to these meetings would be very informative for TSC members, and an opportunity for projects who aren't strongly connected to the TSC to ask questions about HL as a whole if they want.

There probably shouldn't be a strict mandate for this, but ideally, there could be some form of "reward" as well:  maybe Daniela (or the LF) could buy TSC members who made a new meeting a month some dinner/drinks at the next in-person HL meeting (or maybe the global forum?) as sort of a fun incentive for participation?

What do people think about this?  If this seems like a good idea, I'll write up something more formal.

Thank you very much for reading, and have a great day.

Thanks,
Hart





Re: TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings

Hart Montgomery
 

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your mail.  I think you have some great points and some excellent suggestions for extending this core idea.

Extending this to not only project meetings, but also SIG, working group, and lab meetings is a great idea.  A lot of the work being done in these groups is some of the most novel in Hyperledger.  Having TSC member(s) attend some of these meetings would also hopefully bring the groups closer in to the core community, which would be a great thing as well.

I was hoping this could be as little extra work for TSC members as possible, so while I think it might be good to encourage a report, I'm not sure it should be required--I'd be a little afraid it would disincentivize participation.

Finally, I totally agree with you about expanding this beyond TSC members.  I suggested TSC members because, as TSC members, they have some obligation to be responsive to the Hyperledger Foundation as a whole.  But maintainers that want to do this should definitely be encouraged.  I was actually going to suggest that if we think that this works, then we encourage the governing board to do it as well.  But I guess this would be a tougher ask.

Thanks again for your response, and thanks to all who have responded.

Hart




From: David Boswell <dboswell@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 10:34 AM
To: tsc <tsc@...>
Cc: Montgomery, Hart <hmontgomery@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings
 
Hart, I think this is a great idea and am happy to help support this.  We have a large and sprawling community and we won't be able to benefit from everything that is going on if we don't have a way to get a sense of where there are collaboration opportunities.

The recent discussions between the Cactus project and Weaver lab seem like a good model -- they found out that they had similar goals and were working on similar projects and after connecting they saw there are ways to collaborate.

Considering that, I would encourage people who want to help out as a liaison to also consider connecting with a lab, SIG or WG and not just focus on projects.  For instance, the Performance and Scale WG, as well as several SIGs, are doing interesting technical work that very well could be relevant for others outside those groups.

And I like your idea of somehow getting a sense of who has gone to talk with what other projects or groups.  This would let us know what potential connections have been explored.  Maybe this could involve a liaison giving a quick report back to the TSC on the list or a call to flag things of interest?

+1 also to the idea of recognizing people who do this.  That should definitely be a part of this.  And I would think this could go beyond thanking TSC members -- we could invite maintainers to be doing this as well and recognize them.

Thanks,
David

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 11:10 AM Alfonso Govela Thomae via lists.hyperledger.org <alfonsogovela=me.com@...> wrote:
Yes Kamlesh and Hart, it is a good initiative to attend diverse Projects, WGs, SIGs. It will help bridge the silos!!

Kind regards to you all

On Nov 2, 2021, at 11:17 AM, Kamlesh Nagware <kamlesh.nagware@...> wrote:

Hi Hart,

It's good initiative to understand other Hyperedger projects, I am in and interested to be part of it.

I will like to attend Hyperedger Cactus , Avalon , Firefly meetings.

Thanks & Regards,

Kamlesh Nagware

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021, 6:57 AM Hart Montgomery <hmontgomery@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to expound a little bit on what I mentioned near the end of the last TSC meeting.  One thing that I think would benefit the TSC (and Hyperledger as a whole) is more awareness of and interaction with different projects.  This could spur more cross-project collaboration, less fragmentation between projects, and, in general, more project happiness with the TSC.

I proposed the following:  ask each TSC member to attend one project meeting a month for a project that they are not affiliated to and have not been a contributor (and, ideally, one that they have not attended before).  Whether people want to introduce themselves and participate or just listen wouldn't matter too much; I think just attendance would be great.  Additionally, I'd suggest we keep track of meeting attendance in some kind of spreadsheet (either public, if people are OK with it, or private to the TSC) with the main purpose being that TSC members know which meetings other members have attended so that we can stagger our attendance across many project meetings (for instance, this won't be very effective if all the TSC members attend the same meeting).  The time commitment--one meeting a month--should be pretty small, and I hope that going to these meetings would be very informative for TSC members, and an opportunity for projects who aren't strongly connected to the TSC to ask questions about HL as a whole if they want.

There probably shouldn't be a strict mandate for this, but ideally, there could be some form of "reward" as well:  maybe Daniela (or the LF) could buy TSC members who made a new meeting a month some dinner/drinks at the next in-person HL meeting (or maybe the global forum?) as sort of a fun incentive for participation?

What do people think about this?  If this seems like a good idea, I'll write up something more formal.

Thank you very much for reading, and have a great day.

Thanks,
Hart





Re: TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings

David Boswell
 

Hart, I think this is a great idea and am happy to help support this.  We have a large and sprawling community and we won't be able to benefit from everything that is going on if we don't have a way to get a sense of where there are collaboration opportunities.

The recent discussions between the Cactus project and Weaver lab seem like a good model -- they found out that they had similar goals and were working on similar projects and after connecting they saw there are ways to collaborate.

Considering that, I would encourage people who want to help out as a liaison to also consider connecting with a lab, SIG or WG and not just focus on projects.  For instance, the Performance and Scale WG, as well as several SIGs, are doing interesting technical work that very well could be relevant for others outside those groups.

And I like your idea of somehow getting a sense of who has gone to talk with what other projects or groups.  This would let us know what potential connections have been explored.  Maybe this could involve a liaison giving a quick report back to the TSC on the list or a call to flag things of interest?

+1 also to the idea of recognizing people who do this.  That should definitely be a part of this.  And I would think this could go beyond thanking TSC members -- we could invite maintainers to be doing this as well and recognize them.

Thanks,
David


On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 11:10 AM Alfonso Govela Thomae via lists.hyperledger.org <alfonsogovela=me.com@...> wrote:
Yes Kamlesh and Hart, it is a good initiative to attend diverse Projects, WGs, SIGs. It will help bridge the silos!!

Kind regards to you all

On Nov 2, 2021, at 11:17 AM, Kamlesh Nagware <kamlesh.nagware@...> wrote:

Hi Hart,

It's good initiative to understand other Hyperedger projects, I am in and interested to be part of it.

I will like to attend Hyperedger Cactus , Avalon , Firefly meetings.

Thanks & Regards,

Kamlesh Nagware

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021, 6:57 AM Hart Montgomery <hmontgomery@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to expound a little bit on what I mentioned near the end of the last TSC meeting.  One thing that I think would benefit the TSC (and Hyperledger as a whole) is more awareness of and interaction with different projects.  This could spur more cross-project collaboration, less fragmentation between projects, and, in general, more project happiness with the TSC.

I proposed the following:  ask each TSC member to attend one project meeting a month for a project that they are not affiliated to and have not been a contributor (and, ideally, one that they have not attended before).  Whether people want to introduce themselves and participate or just listen wouldn't matter too much; I think just attendance would be great.  Additionally, I'd suggest we keep track of meeting attendance in some kind of spreadsheet (either public, if people are OK with it, or private to the TSC) with the main purpose being that TSC members know which meetings other members have attended so that we can stagger our attendance across many project meetings (for instance, this won't be very effective if all the TSC members attend the same meeting).  The time commitment--one meeting a month--should be pretty small, and I hope that going to these meetings would be very informative for TSC members, and an opportunity for projects who aren't strongly connected to the TSC to ask questions about HL as a whole if they want.

There probably shouldn't be a strict mandate for this, but ideally, there could be some form of "reward" as well:  maybe Daniela (or the LF) could buy TSC members who made a new meeting a month some dinner/drinks at the next in-person HL meeting (or maybe the global forum?) as sort of a fun incentive for participation?

What do people think about this?  If this seems like a good idea, I'll write up something more formal.

Thank you very much for reading, and have a great day.

Thanks,
Hart





Re: TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings

Alfonso Govela Thomae
 

Yes Kamlesh and Hart, it is a good initiative to attend diverse Projects, WGs, SIGs. It will help bridge the silos!!

Kind regards to you all

On Nov 2, 2021, at 11:17 AM, Kamlesh Nagware <kamlesh.nagware@...> wrote:

Hi Hart,

It's good initiative to understand other Hyperedger projects, I am in and interested to be part of it.

I will like to attend Hyperedger Cactus , Avalon , Firefly meetings.

Thanks & Regards,

Kamlesh Nagware

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021, 6:57 AM Hart Montgomery <hmontgomery@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to expound a little bit on what I mentioned near the end of the last TSC meeting.  One thing that I think would benefit the TSC (and Hyperledger as a whole) is more awareness of and interaction with different projects.  This could spur more cross-project collaboration, less fragmentation between projects, and, in general, more project happiness with the TSC.

I proposed the following:  ask each TSC member to attend one project meeting a month for a project that they are not affiliated to and have not been a contributor (and, ideally, one that they have not attended before).  Whether people want to introduce themselves and participate or just listen wouldn't matter too much; I think just attendance would be great.  Additionally, I'd suggest we keep track of meeting attendance in some kind of spreadsheet (either public, if people are OK with it, or private to the TSC) with the main purpose being that TSC members know which meetings other members have attended so that we can stagger our attendance across many project meetings (for instance, this won't be very effective if all the TSC members attend the same meeting).  The time commitment--one meeting a month--should be pretty small, and I hope that going to these meetings would be very informative for TSC members, and an opportunity for projects who aren't strongly connected to the TSC to ask questions about HL as a whole if they want.

There probably shouldn't be a strict mandate for this, but ideally, there could be some form of "reward" as well:  maybe Daniela (or the LF) could buy TSC members who made a new meeting a month some dinner/drinks at the next in-person HL meeting (or maybe the global forum?) as sort of a fun incentive for participation?

What do people think about this?  If this seems like a good idea, I'll write up something more formal.

Thank you very much for reading, and have a great day.

Thanks,
Hart





Re: TSC Member Attendance of Project Meetings

Kamlesh Nagware
 

Hi Hart,

It's good initiative to understand other Hyperedger projects, I am in and interested to be part of it.

I will like to attend Hyperedger Cactus , Avalon , Firefly meetings.

Thanks & Regards,

Kamlesh Nagware

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021, 6:57 AM Hart Montgomery <hmontgomery@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to expound a little bit on what I mentioned near the end of the last TSC meeting.  One thing that I think would benefit the TSC (and Hyperledger as a whole) is more awareness of and interaction with different projects.  This could spur more cross-project collaboration, less fragmentation between projects, and, in general, more project happiness with the TSC.

I proposed the following:  ask each TSC member to attend one project meeting a month for a project that they are not affiliated to and have not been a contributor (and, ideally, one that they have not attended before).  Whether people want to introduce themselves and participate or just listen wouldn't matter too much; I think just attendance would be great.  Additionally, I'd suggest we keep track of meeting attendance in some kind of spreadsheet (either public, if people are OK with it, or private to the TSC) with the main purpose being that TSC members know which meetings other members have attended so that we can stagger our attendance across many project meetings (for instance, this won't be very effective if all the TSC members attend the same meeting).  The time commitment--one meeting a month--should be pretty small, and I hope that going to these meetings would be very informative for TSC members, and an opportunity for projects who aren't strongly connected to the TSC to ask questions about HL as a whole if they want.

There probably shouldn't be a strict mandate for this, but ideally, there could be some form of "reward" as well:  maybe Daniela (or the LF) could buy TSC members who made a new meeting a month some dinner/drinks at the next in-person HL meeting (or maybe the global forum?) as sort of a fun incentive for participation?

What do people think about this?  If this seems like a good idea, I'll write up something more formal.

Thank you very much for reading, and have a great day.

Thanks,
Hart


Job posting for Community Architect position

David Boswell
 

As we mentioned on last week's TSC call, we've posted a job opening for a Community Architect position.  This person would join the existing Community Architect team and the focus of their role would be to foster a successful collaborative software development ecosystem.

To see the full job description and to express interest in the role, check out the posting at:


Please also feel free to share this link with anyone you know who might be interested in the role.

Thanks,
David

261 - 280 of 3847