Date

Agenda for TSC call of May 27, 2021

Arnaud Le Hors

Now available online:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+05+27+TSC+Meeting+Record

Talk to you then!
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM

Follow ups on FireFly proposal

Steve Cerveny

Hi all,

(1) License question in Ethconnect repo - we are actively working on the change discussed last week and will have a favorable update on Thursday.

(2) Based on the feedback from the discussion at the last TSC meeting, we've added additional content into the proposal which includes: High Level Problem Statement,  Use Cases, and Sample Scenario and How it Works on FireFly.  Please check it out. We've had feedback that it's really helpful to understand the larger system by reviewing the scenario.

(3) Blockchain Interface for Fabric -  we're seeing that there's interest to help contribute on this emerging portion of the larger framework.  This is great news.

Thanks,
Steve

CEO and Founder
Kaleido, the Blockchain Business Cloud

Grid Quarterly Update

Andrea Gunderson

Transact Quarterly Update

Andrea Gunderson

Firefly + Cannot Attend Today

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend today as I need to do a customer presentation at the same time.

I also wanted to update the members that I've agreed to be one of the sponsors for the Firefly proposal as I believe it's the type of project we want in Hyperledger.  While there may be some "dotting of the i's to address", I'm in favor of bring Firefly on as a project.

-- Gari

Recording & Presentation of today's call

Discussion of AMM protocols and their applicability in the remittance market.
Our thanks to Roxe and APIFINY CEO Haohan Xu as well as the people who participated in today's discussion.
Please let us know if you have suggestions for presentations.
For people to engage further with Haohan- please use his twitter/telegram handles...He is happy to answer questions on DeFi - to CeFi.

Digital Transformation Consultant

Agenda for TSC Call of May 20, 2021

Arnaud Le Hors

Here is the agenda for tomorrow:

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+05+20+TSC+Meeting+Record

Talk to you then.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM

Capital Markets call tomorrow at 10 EDT- DeFi and Remittances

The Hyperledger Capital Markets SIG has yet another ground-breaking presentation to offer at our next call on Wednesday, the 19th. "International Remittances in the DeFi era". Join us for a compelling discussion about the role of DeFi and automated market maker (AMM) protocols in shaping the future of international remittances using blockchain technology. From a leader in the space, Haohan Xu with a degree from Columbia U and experience in traditional Capital markets to the forefront of thought and action in DeFi- Haohan spans both worlds with aplomb.

Where: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

When: May 19th, 10:00 am EDT(14:00 UTC)

Discuss: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/CMSIG/2021-05-19

Hope to see you there....

Digital Transformation Consultant

Updated Event: Marketing Committee - Developer Relations sync - Wednesday, 2 June 2021 #cal-invite

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Marketing Committee - Developer Relations sync

When:
Wednesday, 2 June 2021
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/92403869974?pwd=V0ZFSmdpdmFjVDloUVJFQ2RzZjIzdz09

Organizer: Marketing Committee marketing@...

Monthly: https://zoom.us/meeting/tJYpd-qgqDIjHdDGsE36FldXX8bS5hcIJ8Pg/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCqqjspEtKcuR6DRowQBoigb_zwplhEgqd5uwzAUHZ1bgfODrpAAed3E_H6

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/92403869974?pwd=V0ZFSmdpdmFjVDloUVJFQ2RzZjIzdz09
Meeting ID: 924 0386 9974
Passcode: 914129

One tap mobile
+16465588656,,92403869974#,,,,*914129# US (New York)
+13017158592,,92403869974#,,,,*914129# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        877 853 5247 US Toll-free
        888 788 0099 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 924 0386 9974
Passcode: 914129
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aOSR7FIAw

Cannot attend today

Gari Singh

Hi -

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the TSC call today.

-- G

Re: Agenda for TSC call of May 13, 2021

Arnaud Le Hors

Hi Tracy,

No decision is expected to be made on this call indeed. This is merely a first chance to hear more about what this proposal is about.
If you can't make the call you'll have the recording and a chance to ask questions offline or on the next call.

Cheers.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM

From:        "Kuhrt, Tracy A." <tracy.a.kuhrt@...>
To:        Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Date:        05/12/2021 11:05 PM
Subject:        Re: [External] [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda for TSC call of May 13, 2021

Hi, Arnaud. We are not expecting to make a decision on the Firefly proposal tomorrow, are we? Given that the proposal showed up in my inbox last night and the amount of feedback/comments on the proposal, I suggest that we will need more time ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

Hi, Arnaud.

We are not expecting to make a decision on the Firefly proposal tomorrow, are we? Given that the proposal showed up in my inbox last night and the amount of feedback/comments on the proposal, I suggest that we will need more time to truly understand the proposal and everything that is part of this proposal. I will admit to having read the proposal, but not yet being able to understand exactly what this is and what the contribution will look like.

Also, I may not be able to attend the call tomorrow due to a conflicting call.

Tracy

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date:
Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 10:28 AM
To:
Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Subject:
[External] [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda for TSC call of May 13, 2021

Here is the agenda for tomorrow's call, the crux of which will be a presentation of the Firefly proposal by the Kaleido team. If we have time I'd also like to discuss the situation with regard to repolinter. The decision on record isn't the policy we want people to follow so we ought to change it.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+05+13+TSC+Meeting+Record

Talk to you then.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at
https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.

www.accenture.com

Re: [External] [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda for TSC call of May 13, 2021

Kuhrt, Tracy A.

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 10:28 AM
To: Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>

[...]

Project proposal for "Hyperledger FireFly"

Jim Zhang

Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee,

Greetings from Kaleido! We are excited to submit a proposal for FireFly, a multi-party system for enterprise data flows, powered by blockchain, for your consideration as a new Hyperledger project.

FireFly is a culmination of 3+ years of collaboration with some of the world’s leading companies innovating on blockchain based decentralized solutions. Multiple enterprise consortiums have built production-level solutions on it, with more in the active development phases.

Thanks to those who have taken the time to look over the proposal and given us feedback. If you haven't seen it, here's the full proposal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GR-YSlGPlVNpMIyikk9EJciTyrO2INwMpR9vrOrcbP0/edit#

Please feel free to send us your feedback via email or comment directly in the proposal document. We look forward to discussing with you at an upcoming TSC meeting.

Regards,
Kaleido Team
Steve Cerveny (steve.cerveny@...)
Sophia Lopez (sophia.lopez@...)
Peter Broadhurst (peter.broadhurst@...)
Jim Zhang (jim.zhang@...)

Reactivating the Performance and Scale WG and promoting their call next week

David Boswell

As mentioned on last week's TSC call, the Performance and Scale WG is organizing a call next week on Tuesday, May 18 at 9 AM Eastern.

Members of the Technical Working Group China will join to talk about the Fabric performance work that they've been doing recently and the group will have a discussion about running future meetings if there is interest.

I wanted to ask for your help with promoting the call.  The group is using this next meeting as a way to gauge interest and determine if they should organize future calls, so it would be good to share call details widely to see if people are interested.

Please feel free to retweet this tweet about the call:

Or you can share the link to the meeting agenda at the link below.  That page has the time and dial-in information as well:

Thanks,
David

Agenda for TSC call of 6 May 2021

We've got a full agenda for tomorrow, with a bunch of announcements, one new report to review, the proposal for adding Dormant state to vote on and a couple of points from the member summit that I was reminded off and that we should discuss:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+05+06+TSC+Meeting+Record

Talk to you then!
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM

Today's CMSIG call - recording now available.

VIPIN BHARATHAN

Hello everyone,

Thanks to Jake Hartley and Brett Winch from Fnality International for an informative presentation on an important topic on the wholesale payment space solved using Hyperledger Besu.
We discussed some important questions like privacy, the co-existence of Fnality with CBDCs, m-CBDC project from BIS etc.

In the meantime the recording is already up on the wiki site with a precis of the questions...(not the answers- people have to watch the recording to get to the answers)

Many thanks to Fnality and to Jake and Brett.

Digital Transformation Consultant

Hyperledger Call for Content: #hyperledgerinterop

Brian Behlendorf

Hi TSC,

The Hyperledger staff publish stream of new content through our blog and social media and other channels around a different theme each month. Our monthly editorial theme in May is interoperability.

What does this mean? We will be doing an extra marketing push around all things Hyperledger and interoperability in May.

What can you do? Send us content to promote! The content you submit will be queued throughout the month for us to push on our social channels with the hashtag #HyperledgerInterop. We would also appreciate any engagement with our promotion once it is live. This includes retweeting, sharing and comments in support.

Examples of content you can submit to us for consideration:
  • Links to virtual blockchain events, speaking, meetups etc. related to interoperability, Hyperledger and blockchain tech. Please be sure to include context.
  • Blogs about Hyperledger projects working with each other and/or other Hyperledger initiatives related to interoperability (see submission form here).
  • Consider submitting engineers to the Dev Showcase blog series.
  • Case studies or whitepapers
Open to other content, if you have ideas, get in touch!

Please be sure to use #HyperledgerInterop this month on your own social channels and tag @Hyperledger, as appropriate. You can submit content by emailing Helen Garneau (cc'd above) directly or pr@....

Capital Markets Call at 10 am EDT (14:00 UTC) tomorrow the 5th of May.

Celebrate Cinco de Mayo by listening to a presentation on the transformation of the wholesale payment system using dlts.

The Hyperledger Capital markets SIG is delighted to have Brett Winch & Jake Hartley speak on the Fnality project. Starting with roots in USC (Universal Settlement Coin) an early settlement coin idea they will cover an overview of Fnality and Fnality Global Payments, the rationale for a novel distributed financial market infrastructure, the technical design principles and decisions (including the use of Hyperledger Besu) to reach the goal of more efficient wholesale payments. The benefits to the participants from the use of Fnality.

Where: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09
When: May 5th, 10:00 am EDT(14:00 UTC)
Discuss: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/CMSIG/2021-05-05

Digital Transformation Consultant

Re: [Hyperledger Maintainers] Open Source Summit in Seattle: Who is coming?

Arun S M

My vote is "Yes" for a remote meeting.

Regards,
Arun

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 12:28 AM Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:
Howdy,
Is there interest in having a Hyperledger maintainer's summit before, during, or after the Open Source Summit in Seattle this fall[0]?
Ry

181 - 200 of 3590