Date

Repolinter reports

I ran Repolinter with the current settings across all current repos. If you're interested in the reports for a specific repo, look here:
Ry

Dave won't be able to attend TSC meeting today

David Enyeart

Conflict I can't get out of, sorry!

Dave Enyeart
IBM Blockchain
enyeart@...

Agenda for TSC call for March 18, 2021

Arnaud Le Hors

Here is the agenda for this week's call:

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+03+18+TSC+Meeting+Record

Please, beware that daylight saving time is now in effect and the time of the call is one hour earlier for people in Europe and other parts of the world which haven't changed time.

Regards.

Re: Renaming Active status and calling it Graduated

Baohua Yang

I also feel that "Graduated" is better.

Besides, we may consider to allow the project to release 1.0/2.0/x.0 before its graduation. Version number is just the number, no need to bind to status.

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 9:50 AM Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi all,

CNCF has very similar phases for its projects to what we have at Hyperledger but they use the term "Graduated" instead of "Active" after incubation. As we all know, the term "Active" has been a source of confusion for a long time and I think the term Graduated is a much better name. Using Graduated would end the confusion we have with Active and besides the initial cost of switching - updating all the docs, etc - I don't see any downsides. So, I'd like us to consider adopting it.

Note that the term Graduated doesn't in itself convey any meaning beyond the fact that some kind of threshold has been met. I think that actually matches what the transition out of Incubation is all about. In particular it doesn't imply anything necessarily durable. It literally merely means that the project has met a certain threshold at some point. I think it's quite fitting.

Note also that I don't think this needs to be tied to what we do with regard to badges. I can see a future in which we have both rather than one or the other and the renaming is a low hanging fruit that could be implemented immediately.

Thoughts?

Side note: CNCF has very popular projects, gRPC to name one, that are still in Incubation due to lack of diversity. Sounds familiar? :-) But they also have a whole list of ideas to help their community grow and from which we can learn. More on this later.

Best wishes!

Baohua Yang

[...]

[berkmanfriends] Fwd: Call for contribution - Glossary of decentralised technosocial systems

I thought this may be of interest to folks here. If so, feel free to independently connect up with them.

Brian

From: Min Yu <myu@...>
Date: Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 11:07 AM
Subject: Call for Mentors and Projects for 2021 Hyperledger Mentorship Program

Hyperledger Communities,

Today, we’re excited to open the call for mentors and project proposals for the 2021 Hyperleger Mentorship Program

This is the 5th year of the Hyperledger Mentorship Program. The program has grown steadily over the past few years; it has connected many mentors and mentees from around the globe to contribute their enthusiasm, time, and experience toward building a more sustainable Hyperledger community. You can learn more about the growth of this program and previous year's mentees' contributions and mentors' reflections by reading some of our blog posts:
Hyperledger and the whole Linux Foundation are big believers in the value of mentorship in growing open source communities and we invite active contributors and community members to get involved in this initiative.
We look forward to your submission of a mentorship project and thank you in advance for volunteering your time to contribute to the training of the new talent pool in the Hyperledger community.

Please reach out to mentorship@... if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Min
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

Great call today on HL CMSIG

Capital markets SIG thanks Igor Ioshpa for an excellent presentation on Swiss DLT Law and Hyperledger Fabric.
How do the new digital assets markets get bootstrapped, what are the legal asks of a DLT system in the Capital markets sphere. Igor argues that HLF is well suited for conformance to the Swiss DLT Law.
The presentation and recording are available at:

Please keep the questions & comments coming. Either as comments directed to Igor at the meeting notes wiki or on the mailing list

Re: Any agenda items for this week's call?

Arnaud Le Hors

Typically TSC members submit proposals just like everybody else. The chair has a reserved slot during which I will give a general update.
I don't know that there is much else to talk about but if you have questions please bring them up and I'm sure the team will answer them.

Regards.

From:        "Arun S M" <arun.s.m.cse@...>
To:        Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Cc:        "Technical Steering Committee (TSC)" <tsc@...>
Date:        03/10/2021 03:02 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Any agenda items for this week's call?
Sent by:        tsc@...

Hi,  I wanted to bring up the topic of Hyperledger Global Forum and TSC's participation in the event. Not sure if this was discussed earlier. Is anybody planning on a talk, topics could vary from talking about community to technical concepts.
Hi,

I wanted to bring up the topic of Hyperledger Global Forum and TSC's participation in the event. Not sure if this was discussed earlier.

Is anybody planning on a talk, topics could vary from talking about community to technical concepts. March 12th is last date for CFP. We have two days.

Regards,
Arun

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021, 7:13 PM Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I listened to the recording of last week's call and I'm glad you had a good conversation. As for this week, I'm not really sure what to put on the agenda. Does anyone have any topic they want to discuss? Otherwise I suggest we skip this week's call *AND* use the time to make progress on the various topics that need input to progress.

Re: Any agenda items for this week's call?

Arun S M

[...]

Updated Event: Marketing Committee - Developer Relations sync #cal-invite

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Marketing Committee - Developer Relations sync

When:
Wednesday, 10 March 2021
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Monthly on the second Wednesday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/92403869974?pwd=V0ZFSmdpdmFjVDloUVJFQ2RzZjIzdz09

Organizer: Marketing Committee marketing@...

Monthly: https://zoom.us/meeting/tJYpd-qgqDIjHdDGsE36FldXX8bS5hcIJ8Pg/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCqqjspEtKcuR6DRowQBoigb_zwplhEgqd5uwzAUHZ1bgfODrpAAed3E_H6

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/92403869974?pwd=V0ZFSmdpdmFjVDloUVJFQ2RzZjIzdz09
Meeting ID: 924 0386 9974
Passcode: 914129

One tap mobile
+16465588656,,92403869974#,,,,*914129# US (New York)
+13017158592,,92403869974#,,,,*914129# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        877 853 5247 US Toll-free
        888 788 0099 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 924 0386 9974
Passcode: 914129
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aOSR7FIAw

Re: Tomorrow's call on CMSIG- Igor Ioshpa from Nornickel on Swiss DLT Law.

VIPIN BHARATHAN

I mean on the Capital markets SIG- Not Identity WG...

Digital Transformation Consultant

From: Min Yu <myu@...>
Date: Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 11:07 AM

[...]

Agenda for TSC call on 2021 March 4

Kuhrt, Tracy A.

Here is the agenda for this week’s TSC call: 2021 03 04 TSC Meeting Record. See you there.

Tracy

www.accenture.com

Identity WG call this Wed. March 3rd, 2021

Where: https://zoom.us/j/4034983298?pwd=STZQd0xMZU9xRVVOVnpQM3JNQ2dqZz09

When: Mar 03, 12:00 noon EST (17:00 UTC)

Details: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/IWG/2021-03-03 (this page)

Drummond Reed at the IDWG. One of the stalwarts of the IDWG, ever since we launched Indy/Aries and other SSI based solutions through our working group.

Drummond addresses the whole swatch of SSI, Drummond Reed is the super connector of the SSI industry, and a super-maven of the open-source initiatives when he is not busy saving the world through the COVID Credentials Initiative. See him to get a load of his new book when he presents at Hyperledger Identity Working Group this coming Wednesday at noon.
Drummond has over 45 contributing authors in this new book.

When: Mar 03, 12:00 noon EST (17:00 UTC)

Hope to see you on Zoom this Wednesday at noon EST.

Digital Transformation Consultant