Date   

2020 Q3 Hyperledger Grid

Andrea Gunderson
 

The 2020 Q3 Hyperledger Grid update is available at https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020+Q3+Hyperledger+Grid

Thank you,
Andrea Gunderson


TSC agenda for Sept 3, 2020

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi all,

The agenda for this week is online:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-09-03+TSC+Agenda

We have a significant number of reports that have come in and need to be reviewed with one question raised by the Besu team regarding the release taxonomy. Otherwise, I have posted a draft proposal for the rollover policy we should discuss.
We can probably entertain another item or two if you'd like to add them to the agenda.

Note that we will not have a call next week because of the Member Summit.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


Re: Rollover of projects tied to a single other project (was Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Agenda for Aug 20, 2020)

Arun S M
 

Hi,

I wanted to join these discussion threads for a while now, and feel like this is a best topic to start on.

The proposal looks good and in my opinion, this is a solution to the aftermath problem. I would like to take a step back and discuss what led us to such scenarios. I have jotted down a few thoughts on it in the comment section. The approach is to reform the project lifecycle and distribute responsibility of a project to a diverse set of people, rather than just relying on project maintainers. Happy to discuss more live on the call.

Regards,
Arun

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 1:20 AM Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi Hart,

I think that makes sense. As I said on our last call, I would also expect the TSC to talk to the maintainers of the project before making any decision for that matter.
I have now drafted a proposal which states that explicitly. I invite everyone to check it out and comment:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/Rollover+of+projects+tied+to+a+single+other+project

Regards. I hope everything is fine with you too.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM




From:        "hmontgomery@..." <hmontgomery@...>
To:        Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, "Technical Steering Committee (TSC)" <tsc@...>
Date:        08/27/2020 11:48 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Agenda for Aug 20, 2020
Sent by:        tsc@...




Hi Everyone,

If we are going to continue the discussion on projects that end up being tied to a single framework (which it looks like people wanted to do), can we (as a TSC) formally solicit the opinion of the maintainers of those projects?  In the discussions we've had so far (well, at least in this iteration of the extended "subprojects" debate) we haven't heard from anyone who is a maintainer in these projects.  It would be nice to hear the reasons why they are independent projects, and why they want to stay that way (assuming they do--but maybe they don't; for instance, if the "parent" project doesn't want them).  This would give us a lot of perspective on this issue, as I think none of the "home" projects of any of the TSC members are any of the projects we've discussed as one of these "tied to a single framework" projects.

What does everyone think about this?  If there is still momentum for this discussion (and the vote last week seemed to indicate that there was, even accounting for the "coffee" voters), I think it would be useful to decide on a list of projects that we consider falling into this category, and then asking what the maintainers of those projects think.

I hope everyone is doing OK in these difficult times.  Thanks for your time, and have a great day.

Thanks,
Hart


From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Sent:
Tuesday, August 18, 2020 11:37 PM
To:
Technical Steering Committee (TSC) <tsc@...>
Subject:
[Hyperledger TSC] TSC Agenda for Aug 20, 2020

 
Hi all,

We only have one agenda item so if anyone wants to add anything please go ahead. In any case, I'd like to continue the discussion we started last week with regard to how we manage projects that end up being tied to a single framework.


https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-08-20+TSC+Agenda

Please, note that several quarterly reports are due.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM




A project proposal to Hyperledger Foundation #tsc-project-update #tsc-wg-update #tsc

Jayakar <Jayakar_J_Joseph@...>
 

Hereby a Hyperledger Project is proposed to the Hyperledger Foundation for implementing.

This project is mainly focused to procure IP Addresses for the Units of 'Digital Cluster Control Nodes (DCCN)' with cluster of 'Digitizable Healthcare-centres (DHC)', to the Blockchain of Hyperledger during their registrations.  These units to be deployed around the Globe for every 3 to 10 Healthcare Centres, for a 'Global Digital Corona Virus Harmful Mutation Control Program' that on proposal with UN.

Expecting interested partners to collaborate on this under the Umbrella of Hyperledger Foundation.


Accepted: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

Simon Stone <sstone1@...>
 


Re: Rollover of projects tied to a single other project (was Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Agenda for Aug 20, 2020)

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi Hart,

I think that makes sense. As I said on our last call, I would also expect the TSC to talk to the maintainers of the project before making any decision for that matter.
I have now drafted a proposal which states that explicitly. I invite everyone to check it out and comment:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/Rollover+of+projects+tied+to+a+single+other+project

Regards. I hope everything is fine with you too.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM




From:        "hmontgomery@..." <hmontgomery@...>
To:        Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, "Technical Steering Committee (TSC)" <tsc@...>
Date:        08/27/2020 11:48 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Agenda for Aug 20, 2020
Sent by:        tsc@...




Hi Everyone,

If we are going to continue the discussion on projects that end up being tied to a single framework (which it looks like people wanted to do), can we (as a TSC) formally solicit the opinion of the maintainers of those projects?  In the discussions we've had so far (well, at least in this iteration of the extended "subprojects" debate) we haven't heard from anyone who is a maintainer in these projects.  It would be nice to hear the reasons why they are independent projects, and why they want to stay that way (assuming they do--but maybe they don't; for instance, if the "parent" project doesn't want them).  This would give us a lot of perspective on this issue, as I think none of the "home" projects of any of the TSC members are any of the projects we've discussed as one of these "tied to a single framework" projects.

What does everyone think about this?  If there is still momentum for this discussion (and the vote last week seemed to indicate that there was, even accounting for the "coffee" voters), I think it would be useful to decide on a list of projects that we consider falling into this category, and then asking what the maintainers of those projects think.

I hope everyone is doing OK in these difficult times.  Thanks for your time, and have a great day.

Thanks,
Hart


From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Sent:
Tuesday, August 18, 2020 11:37 PM
To:
Technical Steering Committee (TSC) <tsc@...>
Subject:
[Hyperledger TSC] TSC Agenda for Aug 20, 2020

 
Hi all,

We only have one agenda item so if anyone wants to add anything please go ahead. In any case, I'd like to continue the discussion we started last week with regard to how we manage projects that end up being tied to a single framework.


https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-08-20+TSC+Agenda

Please, note that several quarterly reports are due.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM




Re: TSC Agenda for Aug 20, 2020

Hart Montgomery
 

Hi Everyone,

If we are going to continue the discussion on projects that end up being tied to a single framework (which it looks like people wanted to do), can we (as a TSC) formally solicit the opinion of the maintainers of those projects?  In the discussions we've had so far (well, at least in this iteration of the extended "subprojects" debate) we haven't heard from anyone who is a maintainer in these projects.  It would be nice to hear the reasons why they are independent projects, and why they want to stay that way (assuming they do--but maybe they don't; for instance, if the "parent" project doesn't want them).  This would give us a lot of perspective on this issue, as I think none of the "home" projects of any of the TSC members are any of the projects we've discussed as one of these "tied to a single framework" projects.

What does everyone think about this?  If there is still momentum for this discussion (and the vote last week seemed to indicate that there was, even accounting for the "coffee" voters), I think it would be useful to decide on a list of projects that we consider falling into this category, and then asking what the maintainers of those projects think.

I hope everyone is doing OK in these difficult times.  Thanks for your time, and have a great day.

Thanks,
Hart


From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 11:37 PM
To: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) <tsc@...>
Subject: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Agenda for Aug 20, 2020
 
Hi all,

We only have one agenda item so if anyone wants to add anything please go ahead. In any case, I'd like to continue the discussion we started last week with regard to how we manage projects that end up being tied to a single framework.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-08-20+TSC+Agenda

Please, note that several quarterly reports are due.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


Looking for a sponsor for our project - EasyDoser for HyperledgerLabs

Anoop Vijayan
 

Hi all,

  Hope you are doing well.

Me and Abhimanyu have been working on a project: EasyDoser.

This eases endorsement operations for hyperledger based products.

We would like to promote our project into hyperledgerLabs and we are in the process of looking for a sponsor.


This is currently a mentorship project which just finished 2nd (out of 4) checkpoint.

This means, from timeline point of view, we are half way through.

Some description and project plan about the project is available here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=29035323


The proposal for hyperledgerLabs is already made and available as pull request here: https://github.com/hyperledger-labs/hyperledger-labs.github.io/pull/145

From the implementation standpoint, we have a bare minimum ReactJS frontend talking to hyperledger Fabric network via golang api server.

The pull request contains pictures which gives a glimpse of how backend and frontend looks.

Currently the code repository is private in github, we can share if someone is interested in taking a look.

The project status is checked and planned every week.


Looking forward for your support,


Thanks,

 - Anoop


Accepted: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

Angelo De Caro
 


Cancelled Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) - Thursday, 27 August 2020 #cal-cancelled

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Cancelled: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 27 August 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) community-architects@...

Description:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,6223336701# or +16465588656,,6223336701#
Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 622-333-6701
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=BYDz1WGXJTTJ_s4_zumD9hqKjJv-Whgs


Aug 27, 2020 TSC call canceled

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Let's plan on having a call next week.
Regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


Re: Any reason not to cancel the TSC call of Aug 27, 2020?

Gari Singh
 

+1

In any case, I have some conflicts this week as well so likely will not be able to attend.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 2:35 AM Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi all,
I haven't had a chance to work on a proposal for the project reorg policy and have nothing else for this week's agenda. Unless anyone has anything they need this call for I suggest we cancel it.
Please, let me know.
Thanks..
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


Any reason not to cancel the TSC call of Aug 27, 2020?

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi all,
I haven't had a chance to work on a proposal for the project reorg policy and have nothing else for this week's agenda. Unless anyone has anything they need this call for I suggest we cancel it.
Please, let me know.
Thanks..
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


Friday Fun

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>
 

Netflix has this https://g.co/kgs/kXCCRn Rubik’s cube documentary which is of nerdly interest, and kind of piqued my interest this week.

 

That documentary doesn’t deal with anything mathematical, but Rubik’s cubes can be represented as mathematical groups.

Groups are used a lot in cryptography. This TEDed video, though,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW2Hvs5WaRY

actually makes a connection instead with music. If you haven’t been introduced to groups before, I think this ~4 min. rendering with Rubik’s cubes and music is a lot more fun and accessible than text book definitions.

 

However, if you do want something a little more formal, this is a high school level text on Rubik’s cubes + groups.

http://people.math.harvard.edu/~jjchen/docs/Group%20Theory%20and%20the%20Rubik's%20Cube.pdf

I’m only half way thru and so far it’s group theory with Rubik’s cube examples. I was kind of hoping for something with some “AHA!” about solving a Rubik’s cube based on understanding the math. Or given some state find an easy inversion… sort of the discrete log of the rubik’s cube world. If anyone finds something like that I’d be interested.

 

Happy Friday,

Dan


Editing your LFID profile

Ry Jones
 

Hi,
I mentioned on the last call that a profile editing tool exists for LFID now. Take a look!

You can also edit your registered emails, which in the future, will help with stuff like TSC elections and the like.


TSC Agenda for Aug 20, 2020

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi all,

We only have one agenda item so if anyone wants to add anything please go ahead. In any case, I'd like to continue the discussion we started last week with regard to how we manage projects that end up being tied to a single framework.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-08-20+TSC+Agenda

Please, note that several quarterly reports are due.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


Identity WG call tomorrow at noon EDT

Vipin Bharathan
 

Hi Everyone,

Meeting on  the zoom channel is https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community

When: Noon EDT on August 19, 2020  (16:00 UTC)

Main Event : Presentation on TrustID by Maria Teresa Nieto Galan. Blockchain Specialist at Telefónica.

 Abstract: TrustID was created to decentralize the Hyperledger Fabric identity for the product implemented in Telefonica, TrustOS. TrustID is now an independent project. TrustID eases the management of identities for the case of TrustOS. Users shouldn’t need to hold a different set of credentials for each network or decentralized application they interact with. The same credentials used to access your own Bitcoins and manage your tokens in Ethereum should let you update the state of a Fabric asset or launch a secondary market in TrustOS. This is the rationale behind TrustID. The main goal of TrustID as a new project released in the Hyperledger Labs, under open source license, is to develop a new identity management standard in different blockchain platforms, regardless of the underlying technology.

Meeting Notes and Agenda in one.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/IWG/2020-08-19

Please participate.

Vipin


TSC agenda for Aug 13, 2020

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Now available online:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-08-13+TSC+Agenda

Thanks to all who submitted the quarterly reports for their projects. We're only missing Burrow's at this point.

Talk to you then.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


2020 Q3 Hyperledger Transact

Andrea Gunderson
 

The quarterly update for Transact is available at:

Thanks,
Andrea Gunderson


Capital Markets SIG call this Wednesday (the 12th) at 10 am EDT

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 

Hi all,

https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Anti-Trust link: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/antitrust-policy/

Code of conduct link: Hyperledger Code of Conduct

  • Main Event : Safeguarding Digital Assets with an Enterprise Grade Digital Platform by Rebecca Aspler, Director Product Management Unbound
    • Using Secure Multi-Party Computation
    • What does FIPS 140-2 certification mean?
    • vHSMs in the age of cloud computing
    • Segregation of duties 
    • New NIST standards for MPC in development
    • Many other aspects of SMPC and how it can protect digital assets

 

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)
vip@...

761 - 780 of 3868