Date   

TSC Agenda for Nov 21, 2019

Arnaud Le Hors
 


moderated Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) #cal-invite

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

When:
Thursday, 14 November 2019
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Weekly on Thursday

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

Description:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,6223336701# or +16465588656,,6223336701#
Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 622-333-6701
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=BYDz1WGXJTTJ_s4_zumD9hqKjJv-Whgs


Re: Hyperledger Besu Active Status Proposal

Grace Hartley
 

Hi TSC,

Thanks for the discussion today about the Besu Active Status Proposal.

Following up from my note in the TSC chat, I put together a breakdown of contributors to Besu since joining Hyperledger. I looked at September 1st to present.

PegaSys contributors: 21
Non-PegaSys contributors: 8

Looking forward to continuing the discussion at next week's TSC meeting. 

Thanks,
Grace

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 11:25 AM Grace Hartley via Lists.Hyperledger.Org <grace.hartley=consensys.net@...> wrote:
Hi TSC,
 
The Hyperledger Besu team would like to propose the project be moved from Incubation status to Active status. 
 
We have drafted this proposal on how we believe we meet the requirements on this page on the Wiki: Hyperledger Besu Active Status Proposal.
 
We look forward to your thoughtful engagement around this matter.
 
Thank you,
Grace and the Hyperledger Besu team


Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Aries Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 11/21/2019 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Reminder: Hyperledger Aries Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When: Thursday, 21 November 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Description: Please review the update at TSC Project Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.


Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Grid Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 11/21/2019 #cal-reminder #tsc-project-update

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Reminder: Hyperledger Grid Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When: Thursday, 21 November 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Description: Please review the update at TSC Project Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.


Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Technical WG China Quarterly Update Due #tsc-wg-update - Thu, 11/21/2019 #tsc-wg-update #cal-reminder

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Reminder: Hyperledger Technical WG China Quarterly Update Due #tsc-wg-update

When: Thursday, 21 November 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Description: Please review the update at TSC Working Group Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.


Re: CMSIG Announcing a talk by Marley Gray

Jonathan Levi
 

Sure thing. Yes, the full date was further down in the original one too, but much clearer on the following one.

Thanks Vipin! 

Jonathan



On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 17:06, VIPIN BHARATHAN
<vip@...> wrote:
Thanks Jonathan,
I sent it out again with the right dates prominently.
V

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services 
vip@...


From: Jonathan Levi <jonathan@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 10:05 AM
To: VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...>; capital-markets-sig@... <capital-markets-sig@...>
Cc: Hyperledger List <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] CMSIG Announcing a talk by Marley Gray on
 
Wednesday, Nov 20th
at 10:00 am EST (15:00 UTC) 

Jonathan 



On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 17:00, VIPIN BHARATHAN
<vip@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

The CMSIG is pleased to announce the following presentation:

When:
Wednesday 10 am EST 15:00 UTC

Where:
On the CMSIG zoom call
What:
The Capital Markets Special interest Group (SIG) represents industry professionals working together to study how Hyperledger DLTs interact with Capital Markets use cases. The community is working on a series of projects under the SIG umbrella. They deal with regulation, standards, structure and life cycle of instruments like equities and bonds. One of the most important areas of investigation are the tokenisation of assets. We meet regularly on a zoom conference call every two weeks, Wednesday at 10 am. Eastern Standard Time which is 15:00 UTC.

The Token Taxonomy Initiative (TTI) has been working to develop a set of common terms and a framework around tokens. They have just released a version 1.0 of their Token Taxonomy Framework Marley Gray, Principal Architect, Azure Blockchain Engineering, Microsoft; who is also the chair of the TTI working group will make a presentation of TTI's work to the SIG on Wednesday the 20th at 10 am. Eastern Time. If you are interested in this topic, please join and get your questions answered. As with all SIG and Working Group calls in Hyperledger, it is open to all; not just the members of Hyperledger.

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Blockchain in Financial Services 
vip@...


Re: CMSIG Announcing a talk by Marley Gray on

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 

Thanks Jonathan,
I sent it out again with the right dates prominently.
V

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services 
vip@...


From: Jonathan Levi <jonathan@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 10:05 AM
To: VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...>; capital-markets-sig@... <capital-markets-sig@...>
Cc: Hyperledger List <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] CMSIG Announcing a talk by Marley Gray on
 
Wednesday, Nov 20th
at 10:00 am EST (15:00 UTC) 

Jonathan 



On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 17:00, VIPIN BHARATHAN
<vip@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

The CMSIG is pleased to announce the following presentation:

When:
Wednesday 10 am EST 15:00 UTC

Where:
On the CMSIG zoom call
What:
The Capital Markets Special interest Group (SIG) represents industry professionals working together to study how Hyperledger DLTs interact with Capital Markets use cases. The community is working on a series of projects under the SIG umbrella. They deal with regulation, standards, structure and life cycle of instruments like equities and bonds. One of the most important areas of investigation are the tokenisation of assets. We meet regularly on a zoom conference call every two weeks, Wednesday at 10 am. Eastern Standard Time which is 15:00 UTC.

The Token Taxonomy Initiative (TTI) has been working to develop a set of common terms and a framework around tokens. They have just released a version 1.0 of their Token Taxonomy Framework Marley Gray, Principal Architect, Azure Blockchain Engineering, Microsoft; who is also the chair of the TTI working group will make a presentation of TTI's work to the SIG on Wednesday the 20th at 10 am. Eastern Time. If you are interested in this topic, please join and get your questions answered. As with all SIG and Working Group calls in Hyperledger, it is open to all; not just the members of Hyperledger.

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Blockchain in Financial Services 
vip@...


Announcing a presentation on CMSIG (for the 20th of Nov)

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 

Hi Everyone,

Just re-sending the announcement with the exact date so that there is no confusion.  Please promote through your community.
The CMSIG is pleased to announce the following presentation:

When:
Wednesday the 20th Nov at 10 am EST 15:00 UTC

Where:
On the CMSIG zoom call
What:
The Capital Markets Special interest Group (SIG) represents industry professionals working together to study how Hyperledger DLTs interact with Capital Markets use cases. The community is working on a series of projects under the SIG umbrella. They deal with regulation, standards, structure and life cycle of instruments like equities and bonds. One of the most important areas of investigation are the tokenisation of assets. We meet regularly on a zoom conference call every two weeks, Wednesday at 10 am. Eastern Standard Time which is 15:00 UTC.

The Token Taxonomy Initiative (TTI) has been working to develop a set of common terms and a framework around tokens. They have just released a version 1.0 of their Token Taxonomy Framework Marley Gray, Principal Architect, Azure Blockchain Engineering, Microsoft; who is also the chair of the TTI working group will make a presentation of TTI's work to the SIG on Wednesday the 20th at 10 am. Eastern Time. If you are interested in this topic, please join and get your questions answered. As with all SIG and Working Group calls in Hyperledger, it is open to all; not just the members of Hyperledger.


dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services 
vip@...


Re: CMSIG Announcing a talk by Marley Gray on

Jonathan Levi
 

Wednesday, Nov 20th
at 10:00 am EST (15:00 UTC) 

Jonathan 



On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 17:00, VIPIN BHARATHAN
<vip@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

The CMSIG is pleased to announce the following presentation:

When:
Wednesday 10 am EST 15:00 UTC

Where:
On the CMSIG zoom call
What:
The Capital Markets Special interest Group (SIG) represents industry professionals working together to study how Hyperledger DLTs interact with Capital Markets use cases. The community is working on a series of projects under the SIG umbrella. They deal with regulation, standards, structure and life cycle of instruments like equities and bonds. One of the most important areas of investigation are the tokenisation of assets. We meet regularly on a zoom conference call every two weeks, Wednesday at 10 am. Eastern Standard Time which is 15:00 UTC.

The Token Taxonomy Initiative (TTI) has been working to develop a set of common terms and a framework around tokens. They have just released a version 1.0 of their Token Taxonomy Framework Marley Gray, Principal Architect, Azure Blockchain Engineering, Microsoft; who is also the chair of the TTI working group will make a presentation of TTI's work to the SIG on Wednesday the 20th at 10 am. Eastern Time. If you are interested in this topic, please join and get your questions answered. As with all SIG and Working Group calls in Hyperledger, it is open to all; not just the members of Hyperledger.

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Blockchain in Financial Services 
vip@...


CMSIG Announcing a talk by Marley Gray on the Token Taxonomy Framework

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 

Hi Everyone,

The CMSIG is pleased to announce the following presentation:

When:
Wednesday 10 am EST 15:00 UTC

Where:
On the CMSIG zoom call
What:
The Capital Markets Special interest Group (SIG) represents industry professionals working together to study how Hyperledger DLTs interact with Capital Markets use cases. The community is working on a series of projects under the SIG umbrella. They deal with regulation, standards, structure and life cycle of instruments like equities and bonds. One of the most important areas of investigation are the tokenisation of assets. We meet regularly on a zoom conference call every two weeks, Wednesday at 10 am. Eastern Standard Time which is 15:00 UTC.

The Token Taxonomy Initiative (TTI) has been working to develop a set of common terms and a framework around tokens. They have just released a version 1.0 of their Token Taxonomy Framework Marley Gray, Principal Architect, Azure Blockchain Engineering, Microsoft; who is also the chair of the TTI working group will make a presentation of TTI's work to the SIG on Wednesday the 20th at 10 am. Eastern Time. If you are interested in this topic, please join and get your questions answered. As with all SIG and Working Group calls in Hyperledger, it is open to all; not just the members of Hyperledger.

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Blockchain in Financial Services 
vip@...


TSC Agenda for Nov 14, 2019

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi,

The agenda for this week's call is up:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2019+11+14+TSC+Agenda

Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


Re: REMINDER: Hyperledger Contributor-Marketing Committee Meeting - Nov 13

Jessica Rampen
 

Final reminder for this call happening TOMORROW Weds, Nov 13. Hope to see many of you there!

Thanks,

Jessica Rampen
Sr. Manager of Marketing Communications 
Hyperledger
650-787-3548


On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 3:43 PM Jessica Rampen <jrampen@...> wrote:
Hi Hyperledger Contributors,

We hope that you'll join the next Hyperledger Contributor-Marketing Committee Meeting, happening Nov 13 at 9am PT. 

The purpose of the call is to discuss marketing related initiatives around the Hyperledger projects and community. This is a great opportunity for you to learn how to get involved in many aspects of marketing including overall messaging, events, content, social media, and PR, to further help the public hear about and understand Hyperledger and its community. 

Goal(s): Improve the communication between marketing and technical leaders in the community Gain guidance and involvement from Hyperledger project technical experts in marketing initiatives Understand how we can better work together to amplify Hyperledger’s public presence and marketing messages 

Who should join: Maintainers, active contributors to Hyperledger projects 

Dial in information: The second Wednesday of every month. 
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/982600073 

One tap mobile +16465588656,,982600073# US (New York) +16699006833,,982600073# US (San Jose) Dial by your location +1 646 558 8656 US (New York) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) 877 369 0926 US Toll-free 855 880 1246 US Toll-free +1 647 558 0588 Canada 855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free Meeting ID: 982 600 073 Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abaoIu7JMk 

Hosted by: Jessica Rampen (Sr. Manager of Marketing Communications) Dan O’Prey (Hyperledger MC chair) Alissa Worley (Hyperledger MC vice chair)

Regards,


Jessica Rampen
Sr. Manager of Marketing Communications 
Hyperledger
650-787-3548


TF vs WG

Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...>
 

I could not get a word in edgewise on the call... I think I was double muted but dialed in via phone and in the car so could not unmute.
 
I was FOR all the motions, FWIW.
 
That said, on the subject of WGs and work products. I actually think that a WG that wants to deliver a work product SHOULD request creation of a Task Force with all of the same requirements - description of the work item and time frame. That way we keep things logically distinct. I also think that we should end the WG quarterly report READOUT on the TSC call unless the WG wants to self-terminate or name a new chair.
 
The second point I wanted to make was regarding the calendar realignment. How are maintainers etc supposed to have a view for what other calls they might be stepping on if getting a global view of the calendar is so complex (need to set up some special google calendar to accept the feed). Maybe I misunderstood the discussion, but it seems like a gap.
 
Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
IBM Fellow, CTO Open Technology
email: chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris
IBM Open Source white paper: https://developer.ibm.com/articles/cl-open-architecture-update/
phone: +1 508 667 0402


Repo Structure TF call TOMORROW 12:30 pm ET

Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...>
 

Ok, there are a number of entries in the doodle poll. Since I was traveling this morning and could not get heard on the TSC call, I'll
set the 1st and hopefully last RSTF call for tomorrow at 12:30 pm ET 11:30 AM CT and 9:30 am PT.
 
Silona, if you could assign us an available Zoom dialin, that would be awesome.
 
Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
IBM Fellow, CTO Open Technology
email: chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris
IBM Open Source white paper: https://developer.ibm.com/articles/cl-open-architecture-update/
phone: +1 508 667 0402


Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Cello Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 11/14/2019 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Reminder: Hyperledger Cello Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When: Thursday, 14 November 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Description: Please review the update at TSC Project Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.


Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Transact Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 11/14/2019 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Reminder: Hyperledger Transact Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When: Thursday, 14 November 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Description: Please review the update at TSC Project Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.


Re: TSC Agenda for Nov 7, 2019

Swetha Repakula
 

Hi,

I got called in for jury duty tomorrow, so will be missing the TSC call.

Regards,
Swetha


TSC Agenda for Nov 7, 2019

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi,

The agenda for this week's call is up. I spent some time today capturing all the pending proposals and updating them to incorporate all the comments that have been posted. I might be just fooling myself but I actually think we might be able to close a lot of them (hopefully in bulk, with a just a few votes!)
To that end I encourage every TSC member to review the proposals before hand and indicated they have reviewed them ticking their review box.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2019+11+07+TSC+Agenda

Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


repository structure task force.

Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...>
 

Apologies, I thought I sent this last week. My bad, though there has been some discussion in the comments to the pending item.


At one point in the earlier discussion, Ry mentioned use of the TODO Group's repo linter. A few of us have gotten it to work, and it does seem to do an effective job of ensuring some of the things we'd like. It also seems configurable such that we could use it.

The one item it won't help with is the format of some of the files. There are at least three that I think we should concern ourselves with, the MAINTAINERS.md, CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md, and SECURITY.md. Welcome to hear from others on this.

I did suggest that we might have a call,so I created a quick Doodle poll for times.

Please try to respond tomorrow and I will have the logistics set up by the time of the TSC call Thursday.

Thanks for offering to help with this!

Chris

1121 - 1140 of 3871