Date   

Re: Vote on Transact Proposal

Mic Bowman
 

+1


On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 7:49 AM Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...> wrote:

Good discussion on the Transact proposal yesterday. A clear theme was the cross project-interest in and support of the proposal.

https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/tsc/message/2161

 

TSC Members, please reply to this thread with your vote by May 1, 2019.

 

+1 In favor

0 Abstaining

-1 Against

 

My vote is +1 in favor of the proposal.

 

Regards,

Dan Middleton

TSC Chair


Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] RocketChat Downtime

Ry Jones
 



On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 10:46 AM Tim Johnson <tijohnson@...> wrote:
We will be upgrading RockChat, Tue Apr 30th at 5PM EST. It should be
back on-line within 30mins.

I will send out another reminder on Tuesday morning.

Tim
--
Ry Jones
Community Architect, Hyperledger


Re: Vote on Transact Proposal

Ovidiu V. Drugan
 

+1

Ovidiu Valentin DRUGAN, PhD

Teknisk fagansvarlig

+47 950 67 884, ovidiu.drugan@...

Eika Gruppen, Parkveien 61, 0254 Oslo


On 26 Apr 2019, at 16:49, Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...> wrote:

Good discussion on the Transact proposal yesterday. A clear theme was the cross project-interest in and support of the proposal.

https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/tsc/message/2161

 

TSC Members, please reply to this thread with your vote by May 1, 2019.

 

+1 In favor

0 Abstaining

-1 Against

 

My vote is +1 in favor of the proposal.

 

Regards,

Dan Middleton

TSC Chair


Re: Vote on Transact Proposal

Hart Montgomery
 

+1 from me.

 

Thanks everyone!  Looking forward to more interoperability.

 

Hart

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Middleton, Dan
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2019 7:50 AM
To: tsc@...
Subject: [Hyperledger TSC] Vote on Transact Proposal

 

Good discussion on the Transact proposal yesterday. A clear theme was the cross project-interest in and support of the proposal.

https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/tsc/message/2161

 

TSC Members, please reply to this thread with your vote by May 1, 2019.

 

+1 In favor

0 Abstaining

-1 Against

 

My vote is +1 in favor of the proposal.

 

Regards,

Dan Middleton

TSC Chair


Re: Hyperledger Aries

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>
 

I received a few questions, so to clarify, there is no active vote yet for the Aries proposal.

The proposal needs to be read by the TSC members and appropriate amount of time for discussion and feedback.

 

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Ry Jones <rjones@...>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 12:05 PM
To: Mark Wagner <mwagner114@...>
Cc: Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...>, Nathan George <nathan.george@...>, Hyperledger List <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Hyperledger Aries

 

Yes, the vote is in the mailing list :)

 

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:01 AM Mark Wagner <mwagner114@...> wrote:

so, to be clear, the checkbox says we have reviewed it but we still need a vote to accept this as project, correct?

 

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019, 11:38 Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...> wrote:

Remember TSC members to check your name off on the Bottom after you have read the proposal!

 

Thank you!

 

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:10 AM Nathan George <nathan.george@...> wrote:

As heard today's TSC call, the Hyperledger Aries project proposal is up on the Hyperledger wiki here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/HYP/Hyperledger+Aries+Proposal

 

We have been discussing launching this as a project since the hackfest in Montreal last October.  Since then the Indy community has been able to build an active community of contributors working on protocol standardization for the peer-to-peer information exchange described in the proposal.  We have been waiting for a release of Ursa to avoid having too many moving project components at the same time.  With Ursa 0.1.1 underway it is time to undertake this next phase in development.

 

We have many interested parties participating in the Internet Identity Workshop in Mountain View next. week, and are very eager for your feedback and approval to help socialize the new project and recruit contributors beyond those already participating at Hyperledger.

 

-Nathan

 

 



--

Silona Bonewald

VP of Community Architecture, Hyperledger

Mobile/Text: 512.750.9220
https://calendly.com/silona

The Linux Foundation
http://hyperledger.org



--

Ry Jones

Community Architect, Hyperledger


Re: Vote on Transact Proposal

Shawn Amundson
 

I wasn't aware of this process. I can transfer the doc there next week post-vote with the final content. Should we re-submit older project proposals as well so there is one list, at least for all the accepted/current projects? It would seem reasonable to have a single place with all of them for reference when writing future proposals.

-Shawn

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 10:43 AM Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...> wrote:
Please do the form and make the proposal available to all.

Many of our members cannot access google docs.

Thank you,
Silona


On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 9:49 AM Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...> wrote:

Good discussion on the Transact proposal yesterday. A clear theme was the cross project-interest in and support of the proposal.

https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/tsc/message/2161

 

TSC Members, please reply to this thread with your vote by May 1, 2019.

 

+1 In favor

0 Abstaining

-1 Against

 

My vote is +1 in favor of the proposal.

 

Regards,

Dan Middleton

TSC Chair



--
Silona Bonewald
VP of Community Architecture, Hyperledger
Mobile/Text: 512.750.9220
https://calendly.com/silona
The Linux Foundation
http://hyperledger.org


Re: Vote on Transact Proposal

Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...>
 

Please do the form and make the proposal available to all.

Many of our members cannot access google docs.

Thank you,
Silona


On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 9:49 AM Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...> wrote:

Good discussion on the Transact proposal yesterday. A clear theme was the cross project-interest in and support of the proposal.

https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/tsc/message/2161

 

TSC Members, please reply to this thread with your vote by May 1, 2019.

 

+1 In favor

0 Abstaining

-1 Against

 

My vote is +1 in favor of the proposal.

 

Regards,

Dan Middleton

TSC Chair



--
Silona Bonewald
VP of Community Architecture, Hyperledger
Mobile/Text: 512.750.9220
https://calendly.com/silona
The Linux Foundation
http://hyperledger.org


Vote on Transact Proposal

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>
 

Good discussion on the Transact proposal yesterday. A clear theme was the cross project-interest in and support of the proposal.

https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/tsc/message/2161

 

TSC Members, please reply to this thread with your vote by May 1, 2019.

 

+1 In favor

0 Abstaining

-1 Against

 

My vote is +1 in favor of the proposal.

 

Regards,

Dan Middleton

TSC Chair


Re: Hyperledger Aries

Ry Jones
 

Yes, the vote is in the mailing list :)

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:01 AM Mark Wagner <mwagner114@...> wrote:
so, to be clear, the checkbox says we have reviewed it but we still need a vote to accept this as project, correct?

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019, 11:38 Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...> wrote:
Remember TSC members to check your name off on the Bottom after you have read the proposal!

Thank you!

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:10 AM Nathan George <nathan.george@...> wrote:
As heard today's TSC call, the Hyperledger Aries project proposal is up on the Hyperledger wiki here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/HYP/Hyperledger+Aries+Proposal

We have been discussing launching this as a project since the hackfest in Montreal last October.  Since then the Indy community has been able to build an active community of contributors working on protocol standardization for the peer-to-peer information exchange described in the proposal.  We have been waiting for a release of Ursa to avoid having too many moving project components at the same time.  With Ursa 0.1.1 underway it is time to undertake this next phase in development.

We have many interested parties participating in the Internet Identity Workshop in Mountain View next. week, and are very eager for your feedback and approval to help socialize the new project and recruit contributors beyond those already participating at Hyperledger.

-Nathan




--
Silona Bonewald
VP of Community Architecture, Hyperledger
Mobile/Text: 512.750.9220
https://calendly.com/silona
The Linux Foundation
http://hyperledger.org



--
Ry Jones
Community Architect, Hyperledger


Re: Hyperledger Aries

Mark Wagner
 

so, to be clear, the checkbox says we have reviewed it but we still need a vote to accept this as project, correct?


On Thu, Apr 25, 2019, 11:38 Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...> wrote:
Remember TSC members to check your name off on the Bottom after you have read the proposal!

Thank you!

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:10 AM Nathan George <nathan.george@...> wrote:
As heard today's TSC call, the Hyperledger Aries project proposal is up on the Hyperledger wiki here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/HYP/Hyperledger+Aries+Proposal

We have been discussing launching this as a project since the hackfest in Montreal last October.  Since then the Indy community has been able to build an active community of contributors working on protocol standardization for the peer-to-peer information exchange described in the proposal.  We have been waiting for a release of Ursa to avoid having too many moving project components at the same time.  With Ursa 0.1.1 underway it is time to undertake this next phase in development.

We have many interested parties participating in the Internet Identity Workshop in Mountain View next. week, and are very eager for your feedback and approval to help socialize the new project and recruit contributors beyond those already participating at Hyperledger.

-Nathan




--
Silona Bonewald
VP of Community Architecture, Hyperledger
Mobile/Text: 512.750.9220
https://calendly.com/silona
The Linux Foundation
http://hyperledger.org


Re: Hyperledger Aries

Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...>
 

Remember TSC members to check your name off on the Bottom after you have read the proposal!

Thank you!


On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:10 AM Nathan George <nathan.george@...> wrote:
As heard today's TSC call, the Hyperledger Aries project proposal is up on the Hyperledger wiki here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/HYP/Hyperledger+Aries+Proposal

We have been discussing launching this as a project since the hackfest in Montreal last October.  Since then the Indy community has been able to build an active community of contributors working on protocol standardization for the peer-to-peer information exchange described in the proposal.  We have been waiting for a release of Ursa to avoid having too many moving project components at the same time.  With Ursa 0.1.1 underway it is time to undertake this next phase in development.

We have many interested parties participating in the Internet Identity Workshop in Mountain View next. week, and are very eager for your feedback and approval to help socialize the new project and recruit contributors beyond those already participating at Hyperledger.

-Nathan




--
Silona Bonewald
VP of Community Architecture, Hyperledger
Mobile/Text: 512.750.9220
https://calendly.com/silona
The Linux Foundation
http://hyperledger.org


Hyperledger Aries

Nathan George <nathan.george@...>
 

As heard today's TSC call, the Hyperledger Aries project proposal is up on the Hyperledger wiki here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/HYP/Hyperledger+Aries+Proposal

We have been discussing launching this as a project since the hackfest in Montreal last October.  Since then the Indy community has been able to build an active community of contributors working on protocol standardization for the peer-to-peer information exchange described in the proposal.  We have been waiting for a release of Ursa to avoid having too many moving project components at the same time.  With Ursa 0.1.1 underway it is time to undertake this next phase in development.

We have many interested parties participating in the Internet Identity Workshop in Mountain View next. week, and are very eager for your feedback and approval to help socialize the new project and recruit contributors beyond those already participating at Hyperledger.

-Nathan



Re: Flying during meeting + transact comment

Silas Davis
 

Oops left off the transact comment which is that I am broadly supportive of the proposal. 


On Thu, 25 Apr 2019, 14:34 Silas Davis, <silas@...> wrote:
Apologies from me too, I will be flying during this week's meeting.

Silas



Flying during meeting + transact comment

Silas Davis
 

Apologies from me too, I will be flying during this week's meeting.

Silas



regrets

Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@...>
 

traveling tomorrow

Cheers

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
IBM Fellow, CTO Open Technology
IBM Digital Business Group, Open Technologies
email: chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris


Re: Encourage more people for WG meetings

Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...>
 

One of the things that has worked well in the past is getting everyone on the wiki.  Not just Async but also on the live meetings.

You can concurrently edit with up to 12 people.  So maybe not everyone but close for most meetings.  And I believe Vipin is experimenting with Time zones.  So if both groups are literally on the same page... that can help. 

Though yes - you will have to configure your notifications in Confluence properly - lest your inbox gets flooded.

Cheers,
Silona


On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 10:49 AM Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:05 AM mark wagner <mwagner@...> wrote:
Baohua

Thanks for the feedback. This is a topic that Ry and I are on the hook to bring up to the TSC so its a good starting point. Lets continue to roll here and hopefully more people on this list will jump in!

Many of the WG meetings are based on times convenient to the US, being able to hold meetings at different times should help ease the barrier to participation.  Vipin ( The Trail Blazer ) is trying this with the Identity WG. This is a strategy that has worked well in other organizations. However in many of those situations, you needed to attend meetings in order to retain voting rights. We can't really do that in most of our WGs as they are mostly volunteer efforts.

I think that another way to address things from your list would be to hold less meetings and do more work via the mailing lists. This allows more people to participate at "convenient" times. Although it won't solve the language barrier for all, written language may be more enticing then spoken language (please correct me if I am wrong on this one) for some people,  The drawback with email is things move slower then a verbal meeting. People still need to know how to get plugged into the WG.

As far as getting information out there, I know I send the PSWG agenda to the pswg mailing list. If you aren't on that list you don't get the reminder / agenda.   I have not yet learned Confluence so the PSWG section of the wiki is less than ideal.

In general ,the main information model for Hyperledger seems to be a "pull" model. You need to know what mailing lists to sign up for, or you need to follow the wiki for changes. Perhaps there should be a periodic (monthly?) email to the "main" member list reminding people of the SIGS and WG and the meeting times. Also, the calendar on the old wiki had a way to plug in your timezone and see the calendar in "local" time.  Can that be added to the confluence calendar ?

I think that the working groups need to make sure that they are somewhat aligned to projects. The PSWG is aligned with Caliper but we should be doing more to align with the other frameworks and libraries. iirc, at least Fabric, Sawtooth, and Ursa have spent time on performance tests w/o any real interaction with the PSWG. Hopefully the PSWG can get to a point where we can be useful to the projects.

So a bit longer then I intended, hopefully you are still here. Lets use this as a starting point for discussions. What do others think ?

Respectfully

-mark

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:12 AM Baohua Yang <yangbaohua@...> wrote:
Dear all

At last week's TSC call, Vipin raised the questions on how to encourage more people to attend working group meetings (especially those from Asia).

Here are some feedbacks collected at the TWGC meeting.

Items that may block the attending:

* Do not see the information (We can consider to promote every WG and meeting information more);
* The time is inconvenient (Seems difficult to coordinate, e.g., some prefer working time, others prefer weekends);
* Do not know what to say (Attending would be a good start);
* Language problem (No quick ideas).

Besides, it is reported sometimes accessing rocketchat has issues.
--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang



--
Mark Wagner
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc



--
Silona Bonewald
VP of Community Architecture, Hyperledger
Mobile/Text: 512.750.9220
https://calendly.com/silona
The Linux Foundation
http://hyperledger.org


--
Silona Bonewald
VP of Community Architecture, Hyperledger
Mobile/Text: 512.750.9220
https://calendly.com/silona
The Linux Foundation
http://hyperledger.org


Re: Encourage more people for WG meetings

Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...>
 


On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:05 AM mark wagner <mwagner@...> wrote:
Baohua

Thanks for the feedback. This is a topic that Ry and I are on the hook to bring up to the TSC so its a good starting point. Lets continue to roll here and hopefully more people on this list will jump in!

Many of the WG meetings are based on times convenient to the US, being able to hold meetings at different times should help ease the barrier to participation.  Vipin ( The Trail Blazer ) is trying this with the Identity WG. This is a strategy that has worked well in other organizations. However in many of those situations, you needed to attend meetings in order to retain voting rights. We can't really do that in most of our WGs as they are mostly volunteer efforts.

I think that another way to address things from your list would be to hold less meetings and do more work via the mailing lists. This allows more people to participate at "convenient" times. Although it won't solve the language barrier for all, written language may be more enticing then spoken language (please correct me if I am wrong on this one) for some people,  The drawback with email is things move slower then a verbal meeting. People still need to know how to get plugged into the WG.

As far as getting information out there, I know I send the PSWG agenda to the pswg mailing list. If you aren't on that list you don't get the reminder / agenda.   I have not yet learned Confluence so the PSWG section of the wiki is less than ideal.

In general ,the main information model for Hyperledger seems to be a "pull" model. You need to know what mailing lists to sign up for, or you need to follow the wiki for changes. Perhaps there should be a periodic (monthly?) email to the "main" member list reminding people of the SIGS and WG and the meeting times. Also, the calendar on the old wiki had a way to plug in your timezone and see the calendar in "local" time.  Can that be added to the confluence calendar ?

I think that the working groups need to make sure that they are somewhat aligned to projects. The PSWG is aligned with Caliper but we should be doing more to align with the other frameworks and libraries. iirc, at least Fabric, Sawtooth, and Ursa have spent time on performance tests w/o any real interaction with the PSWG. Hopefully the PSWG can get to a point where we can be useful to the projects.

So a bit longer then I intended, hopefully you are still here. Lets use this as a starting point for discussions. What do others think ?

Respectfully

-mark

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:12 AM Baohua Yang <yangbaohua@...> wrote:
Dear all

At last week's TSC call, Vipin raised the questions on how to encourage more people to attend working group meetings (especially those from Asia).

Here are some feedbacks collected at the TWGC meeting.

Items that may block the attending:

* Do not see the information (We can consider to promote every WG and meeting information more);
* The time is inconvenient (Seems difficult to coordinate, e.g., some prefer working time, others prefer weekends);
* Do not know what to say (Attending would be a good start);
* Language problem (No quick ideas).

Besides, it is reported sometimes accessing rocketchat has issues.
--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang



--
Mark Wagner
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc



--
Silona Bonewald
VP of Community Architecture, Hyperledger
Mobile/Text: 512.750.9220
https://calendly.com/silona
The Linux Foundation
http://hyperledger.org


Re: Encourage more people for WG meetings

mark wagner <mwagner@...>
 

Baohua

Thanks for the feedback. This is a topic that Ry and I are on the hook to bring up to the TSC so its a good starting point. Lets continue to roll here and hopefully more people on this list will jump in!

Many of the WG meetings are based on times convenient to the US, being able to hold meetings at different times should help ease the barrier to participation.  Vipin ( The Trail Blazer ) is trying this with the Identity WG. This is a strategy that has worked well in other organizations. However in many of those situations, you needed to attend meetings in order to retain voting rights. We can't really do that in most of our WGs as they are mostly volunteer efforts.

I think that another way to address things from your list would be to hold less meetings and do more work via the mailing lists. This allows more people to participate at "convenient" times. Although it won't solve the language barrier for all, written language may be more enticing then spoken language (please correct me if I am wrong on this one) for some people,  The drawback with email is things move slower then a verbal meeting. People still need to know how to get plugged into the WG.

As far as getting information out there, I know I send the PSWG agenda to the pswg mailing list. If you aren't on that list you don't get the reminder / agenda.   I have not yet learned Confluence so the PSWG section of the wiki is less than ideal.

In general ,the main information model for Hyperledger seems to be a "pull" model. You need to know what mailing lists to sign up for, or you need to follow the wiki for changes. Perhaps there should be a periodic (monthly?) email to the "main" member list reminding people of the SIGS and WG and the meeting times. Also, the calendar on the old wiki had a way to plug in your timezone and see the calendar in "local" time.  Can that be added to the confluence calendar ?

I think that the working groups need to make sure that they are somewhat aligned to projects. The PSWG is aligned with Caliper but we should be doing more to align with the other frameworks and libraries. iirc, at least Fabric, Sawtooth, and Ursa have spent time on performance tests w/o any real interaction with the PSWG. Hopefully the PSWG can get to a point where we can be useful to the projects.

So a bit longer then I intended, hopefully you are still here. Lets use this as a starting point for discussions. What do others think ?

Respectfully

-mark


On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:12 AM Baohua Yang <yangbaohua@...> wrote:
Dear all

At last week's TSC call, Vipin raised the questions on how to encourage more people to attend working group meetings (especially those from Asia).

Here are some feedbacks collected at the TWGC meeting.

Items that may block the attending:

* Do not see the information (We can consider to promote every WG and meeting information more);
* The time is inconvenient (Seems difficult to coordinate, e.g., some prefer working time, others prefer weekends);
* Do not know what to say (Attending would be a good start);
* Language problem (No quick ideas).

Besides, it is reported sometimes accessing rocketchat has issues.
--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang



--
Mark Wagner
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc


Encourage more people for WG meetings

Baohua Yang
 

Dear all

At last week's TSC call, Vipin raised the questions on how to encourage more people to attend working group meetings (especially those from Asia).

Here are some feedbacks collected at the TWGC meeting.

Items that may block the attending:

* Do not see the information (We can consider to promote every WG and meeting information more);
* The time is inconvenient (Seems difficult to coordinate, e.g., some prefer working time, others prefer weekends);
* Do not know what to say (Attending would be a good start);
* Language problem (No quick ideas).

Besides, it is reported sometimes accessing rocketchat has issues.
--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang


Agenda is posted

Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...>
 

A reminder to read up and add links to the TSC agenda.


Cheers!

--
Silona Bonewald
VP of Community Architecture, Hyperledger
Mobile/Text: 512.750.9220
https://calendly.com/silona
The Linux Foundation
http://hyperledger.org

1681 - 1700 of 3868