Date   

Minutes / August 16th, 2018

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

Hyperledger Project

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting

August 16, 2018 (7:00am - 8:00am PT)

via GoToMeeting


TSC Members

Arnaud Le Hors

Yes

Baohua Yang

Yes

Binh Nguyen

Yes

Christopher Ferris


Dan Middleton

Yes

Greg Haskins

Yes

Hart Montgomery

Yes

Jonathan Levi

Yes

Kelly Olson

Yes

Mic Bowman

Yes

Nathan George

Yes


Resources:


Reminders

  • Next Hackfest -- October 3-4 | Montreal (registration)

  • Q1 2019 -- planning for APAC

    • Week of 1/14 or 3/4?

    • January could conflict with Real World Crypto (not to mention it is close to New Years and Hyperledger Global Forum)

    • Concern that March was too late in the cycle

    • Try to find a middle date (not conflicting with CNY) and then issue Doodle poll to hone in between the three dates

  • Hyperledger Global Forum, December 12-15 (Basel, Switzerland)


Annual TSC Election

  • Election phase begins directly following the TSC call

  • Reminder - timing & process


Quarterly project updates

  • [2 weeks overdue] Hyperledger Composer update

  • Michael McKean provided the Hyperledger Indy update

    • A comment was made that there is a lot of code growth outside of Hyperledger Indy, but more challenging to get folks to make PRs and contribute.  Indy Community is very welcoming for more people to contribute!

  • Next week:  Hyperledger Burrow update


Quarterly WG updates

  • Marta Piekarska provided the Public Sector WG update

    • A comment was made that there are schools (i.e. Columbia with their interntional school of public affairs) that would be a great resource to reach out to.

    • A question was raised as to how many participants from APAC in these meetings?

      • Few that join meetings (likely timezone problem).  Looking to shift time next quarter to make it easier for some.

  • September 6th:  Architecture WG update


[pending] Copyright discussion (no action during this meeting)




--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


Agenda for August 16th, 2018

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

  • Reminders
    • Next Hackfest -- October 3-4 | Montreal (registration)
    • Q1 2019 -- planning for APAC -- prefer week of 1/14 or 3/4?
  • Annual TSC Election timing & process -- election phase begins directly following the TSC call
    • Final slate of nominees attached
  • Quarterly project updates
    • Hyperledger Composer update
    • Hyperledger Indy update
    • Next week:  Hyperledger Burrow update
  • Quarterly WG updates
    • Public Sector WG update
    • September 6th:  Architecture WG update
  • [pending] Copyright discussion


--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


Nomination for TSC - Silas Davis

Duncan Johnston-Watt
 

I'd like to nominate Silas Davis (CTO, Monax). Here is his pitch -
+++++
Bio: I am Silas Davis, CTO of Monax the company that originally donated Hyperledger Burrow. I remain the lead maintainer of Burrow which has been integrated into both Fabric an Sawtooth Lake. Monax is launching a public legal agreements network based on Burrow at its core: https://agreements.network/.

Burrow is not the highest profile project but has had a lot of (hopefully positive) movement over the past few months. It occupies an interesting position within Hyperledgerth interest across other projects and the potential to build bridges to the Ethereum and Tendermint communities as well as between projects at Hyperledger.

I am a failed wrestler and a failed mathematician: I once had a amateur MMA fight in Glasgow and I studied Mathematical Physics (MPhys) at Edinburgh University and then more maths at Cambridge in the UK, before deciding that software was going to be more my thing. I worked at SwiftKey for 2 1/2 years working on machine learning / big (_medium_ really) data engineering involving natural language processing at scale using across n-gram, bayesian, and neural models. I joined Monax in early 2016 as a platform engineer and became CTO about seven months ago. Driven by an interest in smart contracts as their promise to be 'a better glue' and the vague yearning to decentralise all the things I have not looked back. I love working in this area, and if you keep your head down it seems like it might just work. Hyperledger is a great organisation having had experience with others, and I'd love to get more involved.

Pros: Marmot, active lead contributor, broad interest from formal stuff to practical stuff, forcing my our dogfood down my throat on a daily basis with the Agreements Network, can talk to people nicely.

Cons: Marmot, less experience than some (about 8 1/2 years commercial software), sometimes forget when my quarterly update is, bad French accent.

Why I'd like to do it: I would like to see open systems and open software succeed, Hyperledger is a great vessel for that so I would like to see Hyperledger succeed, and hopefully I could contribute to that by providing useful feedback via the TSC. Aside from that I think I could learn a lot from other members of the TSC and wider community while giving back on areas where I have a niche.

Best
--


TSC Nomination - Dan Middleton

Middleton, Dan
 

I’d like to nominate myself to the Technical Steering Committee.               

                                                                                

My involvement across the length and breadth of Hyperledger provides           

me with a broad context to bring to the TSC.                                   

                                                                                

I have been a contributor to Hyperledger since its launch. I was one of the    

initial Hyperledger Sawtooth developers and was elected in both of the TSC     

elections to date. I have also co-sponsored the start of other Hyperledger     

projects and co-chaired the Performance and Scale Working group. I am active in

the Crypto-Lib lab and have made contributions to the Architecture Working Group

and its seminal documents. Community is essential to open source projects and  

I devote significant time to working with new users and developers to welcome  

them into our community.                                                       

                                                                                

As a Principal Engineer at Intel, I bring extensive experience from a career of

distributed systems, applied cryptography, and incubation of new technologies. 

                                                                                

I would like to continue to help lead the TSC this year, building upon the     

foundations we’ve created. In particular, I look forward to expanding our      

technology agenda so that we can broaden our technical impact within the       

blockchain community.                                                          

                                                                                

                                                                                

Respectfully,                                                                  

                                                                                

Dan Middleton                                                                  

Principal Engineer, Intel Corp.


Q4 schedule of Working Group updates to the TSC

Ry Jones
 

I have added the future updates to the wiki:

The dates are here:

I expect the Whitepaper WG update for October can be deleted.

Ry
--
Ry Jones
Community Architect, Hyperledger
Chat: @ry


Minutes / August 9th, 2018

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

Hyperledger Project

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting

August 9, 2018 (7:00am - 8:00am PT)

via GoToMeeting


TSC Members

Arnaud Le Hors

Yes

Baohua Yang

Yes

Binh Nguyen

Yes

Christopher Ferris

Yes

Dan Middleton

Yes

Greg Haskins


Hart Montgomery

Yes

Jonathan Levi

Yes

Kelly Olson


Mic Bowman

Yes

Nathan George

Yes


Resources:


Reminders

  • Next Hackfest -- October 3-4 | Montreal (registration)

  • Q1 2019 -- planning for APAC (likely Hong Kong or Singapore)

    • A suggestion made to also consider Australia (which would bring efforts to southern hemisphere for the first time)


Annual TSC Election

  • Nomination phase begins directly following the TSC call

  • Reminder - timing & process


Devcon4 Discussion

  • Brian noted that Hyperledger staff is considering sponsoring Devcon 4 in Prague to continue to build relationships with that Community for things like Hyperledger Burrow, Seth, etc.  Brian commented that these sponsorships are most meaningful when speakers/devs with technical content are also there to engage.

  • A few people on TSC call indicated that they plan to attend or to submit talks.

  • Brian to follow up to TSC list for further discussion, but noted that in general terms it seems positive to move forward with Devcon 4 in one form or another (and consider also side events or meetups.


Quarterly project updates

  • [NEED ASAP] Hyperledger Composer update

  • Next week:  Hyperledger Indy update


Quarterly WG updates

  • Kelly Cooper provided the Training and Education WG update

    • Kelly noted that at the end of the edX course, participants are encouraged to join a WG and that Training and Education attracts people (but then they realize it is to develop training and education materials, not to train and educate them further).  Need to harness the energy of these new folks and pair them up with technical experts to drive creation of new materials.

    • Suggestion that if there are FAQs/themes that surface in this WG regarding projects that it gets communicated back to the projects directly that there are certain areas that are not understood well.

  • Next week:  Public Sector WG update


[pending] Copyright discussion (no action during this meeting)




--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


Re: nomination for TSC

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

Thanks, Chris -- added.

For everyone else -- I've _just_ distributed a separate email with full instructions on the nomination process.  If you are eligible to nominate yourself, please reply directly on that thread.

Regards,

Todd

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 7:28 AM, Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...> wrote:
Todd/all, my nomination to the TSC is attached.

Cheers,

Chris




--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


nomination for TSC

Christopher Ferris
 

Todd/all, my nomination to the TSC is attached.

Cheers,

Chris


Re: [Hyperledger Technical WG China] [IMPORTANT] TWGC governing board member candidate and voting members

Rich Zhao <zhao.zhenhua@...>
 

Dear TWGC fellows,

I am Zhenhua Zhao from IBM, and I'd like nominate myself. 

I started to organize meetups and build local community in Shenzhen in early this year and Guangzhou this month. With TWGC's help I have organized 3 meetups and the 4th is scheduled to this Saturday with live video broadcast,  the last meetup video has been watched 1500+ times online within one week and the number is still growing, which benefits 10+ times audience.

I was nominated and approved as an active volunteer in June because of my contribution. 

With my help, a company has applied to join hyperledger as a new member, the process is done, and will be announced soon. 

I've given some talks at meetups, conferences and webinars. I were invited to share my options on public medias for a few times.

Besides organizing community activities, I encouraged 4 teams to join 'Call for Code'  hackathon successfully. 

I also manage a marathon fan community for 5 years, the community has more than 500 members right now. My experience in the marathon community helps me a lot in TWGC community. 

I hope I can contribute more to our community and I ask you for consideration.

Best Regards,

Zhenhua Zhao


On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 11:28 AM Baohua Yang <yangbaohua@...> wrote:
Dear all

As the discussions on the group meeting, we are starting the TWGC governing board member candidate and voting process today. The voted candidate will become a new TWGC governing board member after TSC's approval.

Schedule(日程)
The basic timeline (UTC+8) is
* Candidate nomination: 00:00 Aug 1st ~ 23:59 Aug 15th.
* Voting for candidate: 00:00 Aug 16th ~ 23:59 Aug 22th.
* Result collection: 00:00 Aug 23th ~ 23:59 Aug 28th.
* TSC approval: TBD.

Nomination(提名)
For those who wanna become a candidate, please feel free to reply this email with a brief description of yourself.

Voting(投票)
For all TWGC contributors and volunteers, please help check the voting list
* Feel free to add your name if you have made some contributions like code, doc, speak in events, help in TWGC works in past year. 
* For those already in the list, please help verify the information is correct.

Thanks!

--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang


Agenda for August 9th, 2018

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

  • Reminders
    • Next Hackfest -- October 3-4 | Montreal (registration)
    • Q1 2019 -- planning for APAC (likely Hong Kong or Singapore)
  • Annual TSC Election timing & process -- nomination phase begins directly following the TSC call
  • Devcon4 discussion
  • Quarterly project updates
    • Hyperledger Composer update
    • Next week:  Hyperledger Indy update
  • Quarterly WG updates
  • [pending] Copyright discussion


--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


Re: 答复: [Hyperledger Technical WG China] [IMPORTANT] TWGC governing board member candidate and voting members

刘 宇翔 <david-khala@...>
 

Dear TWGC fellows,

 

I am Yuxiang (David) Liu from ASTRI and I would like to nominate myself.

(For those having interested about our organization, please visit https://www.astri.org/about/)

 

I started contributing code to Hyperledger by August 2017 and remain as an active contributor.

 

Parts I concentrate involve:

-      Fabric-sdk-node

-      Fabric-amcl (an essential part in migrating golang pkg manager from govendor to dep)

-      Caliper tests for fabric

 

I have given talks at meetups at HK, on topics ranging from technical deep dive and best practice in production level.

Glad to see HK community has been growing, I will continue helping to organize event ,workshop and coming Hackfest.

 

HK is the arena full of competition and challenge from different blockchain technologies. With experiences with other blockchains, I have been volunteered as Hyperledger advocates  comparing among them and advising how Hyperledger can improve existing business.

 

I also keep close connection with k8s communities in HK and plan to organize event series in cooperative way.

One stop for that series: https://www.meetup.com/Kubernetes-Hong-Kong/events/253447001/

 

Thank you for your consideration.

 

Best Regards,

David Liu

 

发件人: Jay Guo
发送时间: 201888 12:26
收件人: Baohua Yang
抄送: twg-china@...; slong@...; tsc@...
主题: Re: [Hyperledger Technical WG China] [IMPORTANT] TWGC governing board member candidate and voting members

 

Dear TWGC fellows,

 

I'm Jiannan (Jay) Guo from IBM China and I would like to try nominating myself.

 

I started contributing code to Hyperledger Fabric since May 2017, and remain as an active contributor. Also, I started Hyperledger fabric-chaincode-evm project back in 2017. I had quite some experience helping people in the community, especially local in China, with their technical questions, as well as code contributions.

 

I've given some talks at meetups, conferences and webinars, on topics ranging from technical deep dive to community growth. I've been trying to make the community more welcoming and encourage people to join and contribute since the first day I stepped into this family.

 

As an active volunteer in TWGC, I started organizing Monthly Beijing Meetups, and facilitating events in other cities. I have the confidence to say that Hyperledger Monthly Meetups have become one of the most technical Blockchain events held at regular basis in China. Of course, this could never be achieved without generous help from community members.

 

I also had experience in other Open Source communities, namely Cloud Foundry and Apache Mesos. I truly believe in the power of open source, where people collectively build and innovate.

 

Thank you for your consideration.

 

Sincerely,

- Jay

 

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 11:28 AM Baohua Yang <yangbaohua@...> wrote:

Dear all

 

As the discussions on the group meeting, we are starting the TWGC governing board member candidate and voting process today. The voted candidate will become a new TWGC governing board member after TSC's approval.

 

Schedule(日程)

The basic timeline (UTC+8) is

* Candidate nomination: 00:00 Aug 1st ~ 23:59 Aug 15th.

* Voting for candidate: 00:00 Aug 16th ~ 23:59 Aug 22th.

* Result collection: 00:00 Aug 23th ~ 23:59 Aug 28th.

* TSC approval: TBD.

 

Nomination(提名)

For those who wanna become a candidate, please feel free to reply this email with a brief description of yourself.

 

Voting(投票)

For all TWGC contributors and volunteers, please help check the voting list

* Feel free to add your name if you have made some contributions like code, doc, speak in events, help in TWGC works in past year. 

* For those already in the list, please help verify the information is correct.

 

Thanks!

 

--

Best wishes!


Baohua Yang

 


Identity WG meeting

Vipin Bharathan
 

Hi,

We will have a call of the Identity WG today August 8th 12 noon EST will happen on Zoom...(details below)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community
Or iPhone one-tap :

US: +16465588656,,4034983298# or +16699006833,,4034983298#

Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):

US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free)

Meeting ID: 403 498 3298

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bAaJoyznpThis is an open call, all are welcome.-


Please volunteer:


Meeting minutes:

Agenda:
Announce start of call
Anti-Trust
Caution on editing paper...
Electors for TSC: Please look at list link published on #tsc. 
Continue discussion on paper progress- key areas where work has been done: SAML, LDAP, Oauth2.0, OpenID
Next steps are SSI, sharpen up PKI, DPKI and x.500 and relate to LDAP, Fabric CA-relationship to legacy
Appeal to Quilt, Iroha, Sawtooth,Indy to create material related to their DLTs and Identity
Will also add material on IDoT as suggested. 
Domains of Identity Https://www.identitywoman.net/domains-of-identity by Kaliya Young
All other business.

Best,
Vipin


[FINAL REMINDER] Election Info

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

The is the final reminder for the upcoming TSC election (nominations begin on August 9th) -- please double check that your name/email is on the "Master" tab of the eligibility list (and correct). We will consider the list final at 5pm PT on Wednesday, August 8th. If you have questions/edits, please reach out directly to both me and Tracy Kuhrt.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 9:27 AM, Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...> wrote:
Quick reminder that the TSC call for tomorrow (Thursday, August 2nd) is cancelled.

IMPORTANT:  For the upcoming TSC election (nominations begin on August 9th), please double check that your name/email is on the "Master" tab of the eligibility list (and correct). We will consider the list final at 5pm PT on Wednesday, August 8th. If you have questions/edits, please reach out directly to both me and Tracy Kuhrt.

--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)



--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


Re: [Hyperledger Technical WG China] [IMPORTANT] TWGC governing board member candidate and voting members

Jay Guo
 

Dear TWGC fellows,

I'm Jiannan (Jay) Guo from IBM China and I would like to try nominating myself.

I started contributing code to Hyperledger Fabric since May 2017, and remain as an active contributor. Also, I started Hyperledger fabric-chaincode-evm project back in 2017. I had quite some experience helping people in the community, especially local in China, with their technical questions, as well as code contributions.

I've given some talks at meetups, conferences and webinars, on topics ranging from technical deep dive to community growth. I've been trying to make the community more welcoming and encourage people to join and contribute since the first day I stepped into this family.

As an active volunteer in TWGC, I started organizing Monthly Beijing Meetups, and facilitating events in other cities. I have the confidence to say that Hyperledger Monthly Meetups have become one of the most technical Blockchain events held at regular basis in China. Of course, this could never be achieved without generous help from community members.

I also had experience in other Open Source communities, namely Cloud Foundry and Apache Mesos. I truly believe in the power of open source, where people collectively build and innovate.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
- Jay

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 11:28 AM Baohua Yang <yangbaohua@...> wrote:
Dear all

As the discussions on the group meeting, we are starting the TWGC governing board member candidate and voting process today. The voted candidate will become a new TWGC governing board member after TSC's approval.

Schedule(日程)
The basic timeline (UTC+8) is
* Candidate nomination: 00:00 Aug 1st ~ 23:59 Aug 15th.
* Voting for candidate: 00:00 Aug 16th ~ 23:59 Aug 22th.
* Result collection: 00:00 Aug 23th ~ 23:59 Aug 28th.
* TSC approval: TBD.

Nomination(提名)
For those who wanna become a candidate, please feel free to reply this email with a brief description of yourself.

Voting(投票)
For all TWGC contributors and volunteers, please help check the voting list
* Feel free to add your name if you have made some contributions like code, doc, speak in events, help in TWGC works in past year. 
* For those already in the list, please help verify the information is correct.

Thanks!

--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang


Election Info

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

Quick reminder that the TSC call for tomorrow (Thursday, August 2nd) is cancelled.

IMPORTANT:  For the upcoming TSC election (nominations begin on August 9th), please double check that your name/email is on the "Master" tab of the eligibility list (and correct). We will consider the list final at 5pm PT on Wednesday, August 8th. If you have questions/edits, please reach out directly to both me and Tracy Kuhrt.

--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


[IMPORTANT] TWGC governing board member candidate and voting members

Baohua Yang
 

Dear all

As the discussions on the group meeting, we are starting the TWGC governing board member candidate and voting process today. The voted candidate will become a new TWGC governing board member after TSC's approval.

Schedule(日程)
The basic timeline (UTC+8) is
* Candidate nomination: 00:00 Aug 1st ~ 23:59 Aug 15th.
* Voting for candidate: 00:00 Aug 16th ~ 23:59 Aug 22th.
* Result collection: 00:00 Aug 23th ~ 23:59 Aug 28th.
* TSC approval: TBD.

Nomination(提名)
For those who wanna become a candidate, please feel free to reply this email with a brief description of yourself.

Voting(投票)
For all TWGC contributors and volunteers, please help check the voting list
* Feel free to add your name if you have made some contributions like code, doc, speak in events, help in TWGC works in past year. 
* For those already in the list, please help verify the information is correct.

Thanks!

--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang


Minutes / July 26th, 2018

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

Hyperledger Project

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting

July 26, 2018 (7:00am - 8:00am PT)

via GoToMeeting


TSC Members

Arnaud Le Hors

Yes

Baohua Yang

Yes

Binh Nguyen

Yes

Christopher Ferris

Yes

Dan Middleton

Yes

Greg Haskins


Hart Montgomery

Yes

Jonathan Levi


Kelly Olson

Yes

Mic Bowman

Yes

Nathan George



Resources:


Cancelling next week’s TSC meeting (8/2) due to light agenda


Reminders

  • Next Hackfest -- October 3-4 | Montreal (registration)

  • Q1 2019 -- planning for APAC (likely Hong Kong or Singapore)

  • Annual TSC Election timing & process (nominations begin August 9th)

    • Please double check that your name/email is on the eligibility list (and correct), we will consider the list final at 5pm PT on Wednesday, August 8th.


Quarterly project updates

  • Nikolay Yushkevich provided the Hyperledger Iroha update

    • A question was raised regarding progress to compare the various DLTs (in general, not directed for Iroha to answer).

      • Comment that little progress has been made as it is difficult to fit the various projects into a narrow decision tree; could have adverse effect on collaboration

      • Suggestion made to continue work on increased componentization and highlighting the areas for collaboration

      • Suggestion made to focus comparison efforts on which problems the various platforms are trying to address.

    • A request was made from Sawtooth team to connect with Iroha to discuss consensus

    • A request was made for the Iroha team to participate in the Identity WG discussion to contribute to the section of their efforts dealing with various DLTs -- need input from Iroha (join the call, or participate through rocket.chat or mailing lists)

    • A request was made for the Iroha team to give talks at upcoming events about the various features; help to get more contributors to join

      • The Iroha team noted that the have submitted a variety of speaking proposals on this topic for upcoming events already

  • August 9th:  Hyperledger Composer update


Quarterly WG update

  • Nate DeNiro provided the Healthcare WG update

    • A suggestion was made that it would be good to get a bit more specific on the planned work products; would help crystalize participation.

  • Baohua Yang provided the Technical WG China update

    • Comment made that in order to replace the Chair, the WG should determine a recommendation (likely through poll/voting within WG) and bring that recommendation to the TSC for review and approval.

    • Comment that question raised regarding University collaboration can be brought offline with Brian, Tracy, and a few others to help iterate on.

    • Comment that question raised regarding i18n could be discussed offline, noting that a Lab repo could be one potential avenue.

  • August 9th:  Training and Education WG update  


[pending] Copyright discussion (no action during this meeting)




--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


Hyperledeger CI Tools Are Back up

Tim Johnsonx <tijohnson@...>
 

Let us know if you have any problems.


Tim


Hyperledger CI Tools Outage 26 JUL at 1800 Eastern for two hours

Tim Johnsonx <tijohnson@...>
 

Updating OS on the servers for Gerrit, Jenkins & Nexus
Updatng Jenkins, Nexus & JIRA


Re: Hyperledger TSC election self-nomination

Silas Davis
 

Oh noes disqualified at first stroke! Let's just put this in the mempool then...

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 3:38 PM Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...> wrote:
Hi Silas,

Thanks for this -- however, the nomination phase will not begin for a few more weeks on August 9th.  We'll send out further details as it gets closer.

Regards,

Todd

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 7:34 AM, Silas Davis via Lists.Hyperledger.Org <silas=monax.io@...> wrote:
Hello all,

I saw: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18YE2l4UZJry7LAcXCMnGQdQuCKuT5mfQS5IRetTeevI/edit and I thought I would try nominating myself - I could probably get someone else to do so too if that is required...

Bio: I am Silas Davis, CTO of Monax the company that originally donated Hyperledger Burrow. I remain the lead maintainer of Burrow which has been integrated into both Fabric an Sawtooth Lake. Monax is launching a public legal agreements network based on Burrow at its core: https://agreements.network/.

Burrow is not the highest profile project but has had a lot of (hopefully positive) movement over the past few months. It occupies an interesting position within Hyperledgerth interest across other projects and the potential to build bridges to the Ethereum and Tendermint communities as well as between projects at Hyperledger.

I am a failed wrestler and a failed mathematician: I once had a amateur MMA fight in Glasgow and I studied Mathematical Physics (MPhys) at Edinburgh University and then more maths at Cambridge in the UK, before deciding that software was going to be more my thing. I worked at SwiftKey for 2 1/2 years working on machine learning / big (_medium_ really) data engineering involving natural language processing at scale using across n-gram, bayesian, and neural models. I joined Monax in early 2016 as a platform engineer and became CTO about seven months ago. Driven by an interest in smart contracts as their promise to be 'a better glue' and the vague yearning to decentralise all the things I have not looked back. I love working in this area, and if you keep your head down it seems like it might just work. Hyperledger is a great organisation having had experience with others, and I'd love to get more involved.

Pros: Marmot, active lead contributor, broad interest from formal stuff to practical stuff, forcing my our dogfood down my throat on a daily basis with the Agreements Network, can talk to people nicely.

Cons: Marmot, less experience than some (about 8 1/2 years commercial software), sometimes forget when my quarterly update is, bad French accent.

Why I'd like to do it: I would like to see open systems and open software succeed, Hyperledger is a great vessel for that so I would like to see Hyperledger succeed, and hopefully I could contribute to that by providing useful feedback via the TSC. Aside from that I think I could learn a lot from other members of the TSC and wider community while giving back on areas where I have a niche.

Silas




--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)

1821 - 1840 of 3395