Date   

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Emergency Hyperledger property outages: 29-JAN-2018 1400 UTC

Anton Baranov
 

Maintenance will start in 10min

On Jan 25 at 15:36, Ry Jones wrote:
This is moved until Monday, 29-JAN-2018. The outages will happen in for
about an hour. The time is unchanged.

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 12:53 PM, Ry Jones <@ryjones>
wrote:

Properties: Gerrit, JIRA, Jenkins, Nexus

Reason: Apply Spectre/Meltdown mitigations

Impact: properties will be unavailable on a rolling basis as machines are
updated and restarted

You may use World Time Buddy
<https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=8,100&h=8&date=2018-1-29&sln=6-7>
to convert UTC to your local time.
--
Anton Baranov
Systems and Network Administrator
The Linux Foundation


Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Emergency Hyperledger property outages: 29-JAN-2018 1400 UTC

Ry Jones
 

This is moved until Monday, 29-JAN-2018. The outages will happen in for about an hour. The time is unchanged.

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 12:53 PM, Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:
Properties: Gerrit, JIRA, Jenkins, Nexus

Reason: Apply Spectre/Meltdown mitigations

Impact: properties will be unavailable on a rolling basis as machines are updated and restarted

You may use World Time Buddy to convert UTC to your local time.


[Hyperledger Project TSC] Emergency Hyperledger property outages: 26-JAN-2018 1400 UTC

Ry Jones
 

Properties: Gerrit, JIRA, Jenkins, Nexus

Reason: Apply Spectre/Meltdown mitigations

Impact: properties will be unavailable on a rolling basis as machines are updated and restarted

You may use World Time Buddy to convert UTC to your local time.


[Hyperledger Project TSC] Minutes / January 25th, 2018

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

Hyperledger Project

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting

January 25, 2018 (7:00am - 8:00am PT)

via GoToMeeting


TSC Members

Arnaud Le Hors

Yes

Baohua Yang

Yes

Binh Nguyen

Yes

Christopher Ferris

Yes

Dan Middleton

Yes

Greg Haskins


Hart Montgomery

Yes

Jonathan Levi

Yes

Kelly Olson

Yes

Mic Bowman

Yes

Nathan George

Yes


Resources:


Hyperledger Global Forum, December 12-15, Basel, Switzerland

  • First, official full-ecosystem event for Hyperledger’s global community

  • Both enterprise and technical tracks covering a mix of topics including blockchain in the enterprise, distributed ledger and smart contracts, roadmaps for Hyperledger projects, industry keynotes and use cases in development

  • Social networking for the community to bond, and hacking activities with mentors to help facilitate software development collaboration and knowledge sharing to bring developers up the learning curve.

  • Sponsorship and exhibit options or contact sponsorship@...


2018 Hackfest planning

  • February 20-22 | Los Angeles (registration | draft agenda)

    • Project maintainers -- please sign up to give overviews and help with setting up dev environments on Feb 20th

    • Suggestion to add WG lunch & learns during lunch hour

  • April 29 - May 1 | Dubai (tentative -- more details soon)

  • June 27-29 | Amsterdam (confirmed -- registration will launch of January 31st)


Project Reporting

  • Hyperledger Sawtooth update

    • Need to ensure that Maintainers are actively involved with Training materials

  • Hyperledger Iroha update

    • New Maintainers are all from Soramitsu, however seeing contributions from outside of Soramitsu

    • A Japanese company is working on insurance program using Iroha

    • TSC suggested that Iroha works on expanding diversity within community

  • Next week:  Hyperledger Composer update


Quarterly WG updates dr

WG reporting draft

  • Overall Process

  • Working Group Update Template

    • Remove section about “scope change” -- WGs should not change scope/charter without consultation of TSC.

    • Suggestion to restructure into three top-level areas:

      • Overall health status

      • Movement towards planned deliverables

      • Community health

    • Suggestion to also add a final section for plans for the upcoming quarter

  • Schedule/Cadence


--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


[Hyperledger Project TSC] Agenda for January 25th, 2018

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 


--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


[Hyperledger Project TSC] Reminder to Register | Los Angeles Hackfest | February 20-22

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

Hyperledger technical community,

Registration is open for the February Hackfest in Los Angeles on February 20-22.


Please note that we are adding a "Day 0" to the Hackfest that will be focused on helping developers that are new to Hyperledger come up the learning curve.
  • February 20th -- Hyperledger Technical Intro
  • February 21st & 22nd -- Hackfest
We have started a draft agenda here.

We look forward to seeing you in LA!

Regards,

Todd

--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


[Hyperledger Project TSC] Identity WG call today at noon EST, 9 am PST

Vipin Bharathan
 

Hello all,

Second call of the Identity WG for 2018 today at noon EST Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/hyperledger-community 
 Optional dial in number: 401-283-2000,,,4807579435# 
 No PIN needed 
 Regional dial in numbers can be found here: https://www.uberconference.com/international 
Agenda:
. Re-Examine our raison d’etre
. What are our goals as a group: The paper? An implementation? Timeline?
. Hyperledger joined ID2020, what are the concrete implications for the identity WG
. Impact of PSD II, GDPR, MiFID

Regards,
Vipin


[Hyperledger Project TSC] update on the bug bounty

Dave Huseby
 

Hi TSC,

I had a conversation today with our account managers at HackerOne.  They reached out to some of their hackers to try to figure out why nobody was participating in our bug bounty.  The primary complaint was the barrier to entry.  The common response was "I don't know where to start".  The current course of action is highlight the EdX course material and to add a simple "Getting Started" section to our policy page on HackerOne's platform.  Once that is in place the staff at HackerOne will invite a new round of hackers to participate.  Hopefully that will get some to participate.

Dave
---
David Huseby
Security Maven, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
+1-206-234-2392
dhuseby@...


[Hyperledger Project TSC] Hyperledger Cello release v0.8.0-alpha

Baohua Yang
 

Dear all

Hyperledger Cello released v0.8.0-alpha. This is the first version for the coming v0.8.0 release.

In this release, lots of interesting new features are developed, including:

* Blockchain-Explorer support;
* Enable user dashboard, can apply chain, query block/transaction, upload/invoke/query chain code;
* Support v3 docker compose format;
* Support fabric 1.0.5;
* Support fabric with kafaka mode;
* Enable creating/hosting service images at dockerhub;
* Use mongoengine instead of mongodb library for admin dashboard.

Welcome to try and report experience and issues at:



Thanks!

--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang


[Hyperledger Project TSC] [Proposal] Working Group Updates

Tracy Kuhrt <tkuhrt@...>
 

As we discussed in the last TSC call, here is the proposal for the contents of the working group status updates that would be provided on a quarterly basis to the TSC.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback/discussion points on the mailing list and an upcoming call.
----

Tracy Kuhrt
Community Architect, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt


[Hyperledger Project TSC] Minutes / January 18th, 2018

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

Hyperledger Project

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting

January 18, 2018 (7:00am - 8:00am PT)

via GoToMeeting


TSC Members

Arnaud Le Hors

Yes

Baohua Yang

Yes

Binh Nguyen


Christopher Ferris

Yes

Dan Middleton

Yes

Greg Haskins


Hart Montgomery

Yes

Jonathan Levi

Yes

Kelly Olson

Yes

Mic Bowman

Yes

Nathan George

Yes


Resources:


Please use #tsc channel on chat.hyperledger.org for live chat during TSC call


2018 Hackfest planning

  • February 20-22 | Los Angeles (registration | draft agenda)

    • Discussion for the “Day 0” training

    • Prefer to have short intro/overview for each of the 9 projects

    • Then, afternoon focused on setting up dev environment, writing applications, first commit, etc. (have some parallel tracks or informal areas to focus on a topic of interest)

    • Tracy to rework “Day 0” agenda and reach out to project maintainers to volunteer

  • April 29 - May 1 | Dubai (tentative -- more details soon)

  • June 27-29 | Amsterdam (confirmed -- more details soon)


Project Reporting

  • None this week

  • Next week will be Hyperledger Sawtooth update and Hyperledger Iroha update


Quarterly WG updates (discussion)

  • Similar to the quarterly project updates, suggestion to do quarterly updates from the WGs

  • Tracy to put together suggestion for template/cadence for a WG quarterly reporting plan


--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


[Hyperledger Project TSC] Agenda for January 18th, 2018

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

  • Reminder to please use #tsc channel on chat.hyperledger.org for live chat during TSC call
  • 2018 Hackfest planning
    • February 20-22 | Los Angeles (registration | draft agenda)
    • April 29 - May 1 | Dubai (tentative -- more details soon)
    • June 27-29 | Amsterdam (confirmed -- registration launching soon)
  • Project Reporting
    • None this week
    • Next week will be Hyperledger Sawtooth update and Hyperledger Iroha update
  • Quarterly WG updates (discussion)

--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


[Hyperledger Project TSC] TWG-China Meeting Minutes for 2018-01-17

Baohua Yang
 

Dear all

We just had the group meeting this morning.


We are calling for speakers/sponsors for Meetups and Hackathons in year 2018. Pls have a look at https://wiki.hyperledger.org/groups/twgc/team_eo, and feel free to contact for help.

More information of TWG-China can be found at https://wiki.hyperledger.org/groups/tsc/technical-working-group-china.

Thanks!

--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang


Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Christopher Ferris
 

Super! Thanks for driving this!

Chris

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 6:10 PM, Todd Benzies via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
With all votes in, the Hyperledger Labs proposal has been approved unanimously.

Regards,

Todd

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org> wrote:
TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.
----

Tracy Kuhrt
Community Architect, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@...ger.org
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc




--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)

_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc



Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

With all votes in, the Hyperledger Labs proposal has been approved unanimously.

Regards,

Todd

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.
----

Tracy Kuhrt
Community Architect, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc




--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)


Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Gregory Haskins <gregory.haskins@...>
 

+1

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 6:03 PM, Todd Benzies via hyperledger-tsc
<hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
Greg, Binh, Nathan, Chris -- please cast your votes as soon as you have a
moment.

Regards,

Todd

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc
<hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the
discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you
have had a chance to review it.


https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VbgmlIqDnUnvjxSJ5QTUBV-Qn3eA7Gduw0edjYgDXIY/edit?usp=sharing

----

Tracy Kuhrt
Community Architect, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
@tkuhrt
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@...
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc


--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)
@tbenzies

_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@...
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc


Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Christopher Ferris
 

I thought I did as well - +1

Chris

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 9:22 PM, Nathan George via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
+1

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 12:02 PM Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org> wrote:
TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.
----

Tracy Kuhrt
Community Architect, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt
_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc

_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc



Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Nathan George <nathan.george@...>
 

+1


On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 12:02 PM Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.
----

Tracy Kuhrt
Community Architect, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt
_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@...
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc


Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

binh nguyen
 

I thought i did, but again +1


On Jan 12, 2018, at 6:03 PM, Todd Benzies via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

Greg, Binh, Nathan, Chris -- please cast your votes as soon as you have a moment.

Regards,

Todd

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.
----

Tracy Kuhrt
Community Architect, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc




--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)
_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@...
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc


Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

Greg, Binh, Nathan, Chris -- please cast your votes as soon as you have a moment.

Regards,

Todd

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.
----

Tracy Kuhrt
Community Architect, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc




--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)