Date

[Hyperledger Project TSC] Agenda for January 18th, 2018

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>

  • Reminder to please use #tsc channel on chat.hyperledger.org for live chat during TSC call
  • 2018 Hackfest planning
    • February 20-22 | Los Angeles (registration | draft agenda)
    • April 29 - May 1 | Dubai (tentative -- more details soon)
    • June 27-29 | Amsterdam (confirmed -- registration launching soon)
  • Project Reporting
    • None this week
    • Next week will be Hyperledger Sawtooth update and Hyperledger Iroha update
  • Quarterly WG updates (discussion)

--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager

[Hyperledger Project TSC] TWG-China Meeting Minutes for 2018-01-17

Baohua Yang

Dear all

We just had the group meeting this morning.

We are calling for speakers/sponsors for Meetups and Hackathons in year 2018. Pls have a look at https://wiki.hyperledger.org/groups/twgc/team_eo, and feel free to contact for help.

More information of TWG-China can be found at https://wiki.hyperledger.org/groups/tsc/technical-working-group-china.

Best wishes!

Baohua Yang

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...>

Super! Thanks for driving this!

Chris

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 6:10 PM, Todd Benzies via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
With all votes in, the Hyperledger Labs proposal has been approved unanimously.

Regards,

Todd

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org> wrote:
TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.
----

Tracy Kuhrt
tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.
----

Tracy Kuhrt
tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Gregory Haskins <gregory.haskins@...>

+1

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 6:03 PM, Todd Benzies via hyperledger-tsc
<hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
Greg, Binh, Nathan, Chris -- please cast your votes as soon as you have a
moment.

<hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the
discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you
have had a chance to review it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VbgmlIqDnUnvjxSJ5QTUBV-Qn3eA7Gduw0edjYgDXIY/edit?usp=sharing

----

Tracy Kuhrt
tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)
tbenzies@...

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...>

I thought I did as well - +1

Chris

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 9:22 PM, Nathan George via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
+1

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 12:02 PM Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org> wrote:
TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.
----

Tracy Kuhrt
tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Nathan George <nathan.george@...>

+1

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 12:02 PM Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.
----

Tracy Kuhrt
tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

binh nguyen

I thought i did, but again +1

On Jan 12, 2018, at 6:03 PM, Todd Benzies via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

[...]

Arnaud Le Hors

Thanks guys. Being down to fixing capitalization and punctuation is a good sign! :-)
All suggestions have been accepted.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Web & Blockchain Open Technologies - IBM

From:        Baohua Yang <yangbaohua@...>
To:        "Jonathan Levi (HACERA)" <jonathan@...>
Cc:        Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, "hyperledger-tsc@..." <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Date:        01/12/2018 12:09 AM
Subject:        Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Fix several typing issues.

+1!

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 2:35 PM, Jonathan Levi (HACERA) via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
+1

(along with some very minor suggestions - please feel free to accept or ignore, before everybody else replies here)

Great work Arnaud and Tracy!

Jonathan Levi
Chief Sparkling Officer
HACERA
  -  Blockchain with Confidence

jonathan@...
https://hacera.com
T  https://twitter.com/HACERA_INC
https://linkedin.com/in/levitate

On Jan 12, 2018, at 12:23 AM, Arnaud Le Hors via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

+1
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Web & Blockchain Open Technologies - IBM

From:
Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
To:
hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Date:
01/11/2018 08:03 PM
Subject:
[Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs        Proposal
Sent by:
hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...

TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VbgmlIqDnUnvjxSJ5QTUBV-Qn3eA7Gduw0edjYgDXIY/edit?usp=sharing
----

Tracy Kuhrt

tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat:
@tkuhrt

hyperledger-tsc@...

Best wishes!

Baohua Yang

[Hyperledger Project TSC] Register Now | Los Angeles Hackfest | February 20-22

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>

Hyperledger technical community,

Registration is now open for the February Hackfest in Los Angeles on February 20-22.

Please note that we are adding a "Day 0" to the Hackfest that will be focused on helping developers that are new to Hyperledger come up the learning curve.
  • February 20th -- Hyperledger Technical Intro
  • February 21st & 22nd -- Hackfest
We will be sharing an initial draft agenda next week.

We look forward to seeing you in LA!

Regards,

Todd

--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [it-infrastructure-alerts] Hyperledger Jenkins/Nexus3 outage: 11 JAN 2018 00:00-01:00 UTC

Jessica Wagantall <jwagantall@...>

This is now completed.

Thanks a ton to Ryan!
Jess

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 4:00 PM, Jessica Wagantall <jwagantall@...> wrote:
This has started now

thanks!
Jess

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Jessica Wagantall <jwagantall@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
What: The Linux Foundation will be performing a new performance node migration for Nexus3

When: Thursday, Jan 11 @ 2018-01-11 @ 16:00 PDT (00:00 UTC)

Why: We've prepared new performance node with a lvm volume for nexus3

Impact: Nexus3 will not be reachable during this time and Jenkins will be set to quiet mode to avoid and jobs trying to access Nexus3.

Notices will be posted to the mailing lists at the start and end of the maintenance.

Thanks so much
Jess

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Jessica Wagantall <jwagantall@...> wrote:
What: The Linux Foundation will be performing a new performance node migration for Nexus3

When: Thursday, Jan 11 @ 2018-01-11 @ 16:00 PDT (00:00 UTC)

Why: We've prepared new performance node with a lvm volume for nexus3

Impact: Nexus3 will not be reachable during this time and Jenkins will be set to quiet mode to avoid and jobs trying to access Nexus3.

Notices will be posted to the mailing lists at the start and end of the maintenance.

Thanks so much
Jess

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Mic Bowman

+1

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.

----

Tracy Kuhrt
tkuhrt@...

Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Hart Montgomery

+1.

Thanks everyone!

E  jonathan@...
W  https://hacera.com

From:        Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
To:        hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Date:        01/11/2018 08:03 PM
[...]

On Jan 12, 2018, at 12:23 AM, Arnaud Le Hors via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org> wrote:

+1
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Web & Blockchain Open Technologies - IBM

From:        Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org>
To:        hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@lists.hyperledger.org>
Date:        01/11/2018 08:03 PM
Sent by:        hyperledger-tsc-bounces@lists.hyperledger.org

TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VbgmlIqDnUnvjxSJ5QTUBV-Qn3eA7Gduw0edjYgDXIY/edit?usp=sharing
----

Tracy Kuhrt

tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

Best wishes!

Baohua Yang

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Jonathan Levi (HACERA)

From:        Tracy Kuhrt via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
To:        hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Date:        01/11/2018 08:03 PM
Sent by:        hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...

TSC members,

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VbgmlIqDnUnvjxSJ5QTUBV-Qn3eA7Gduw0edjYgDXIY/edit?usp=sharing
----

Tracy Kuhrt

tkuhrt@...
Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Olson, Kelly M <kelly.m.olson@...>

+1

From: <hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...> on behalf of "Middleton, Dan via hyperledger-tsc" <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Date: Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 12:39 PM
To: Tracy Kuhrt <tkuhrt@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

+1

Dan Middleton

Arnaud and I cleaned up the Hyperledger Labs proposal based on the discussion from today's TSC call. Please vote on this proposal after you have had a chance to review it.

----

Tracy Kuhrt
tkuhrt@...

Rocket.Chat: @tkuhrt

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Email Vote Requested] Hyperledger Labs Proposal

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>

+1

Dan Middleton