Date   

Capital Markets call tomorrow 9-22-2021 at 10 am EDT

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 



Hear the real story from a BUIDLer. This is the update on the DCash or DXCD pilot. Stephen presented the rationale and architecture of DCash in Jan 2021, now he has a progress report.

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)
vip@...


Hyperledger TSC Election Call for Nominations Ending Soon

David Boswell
 

Now is the time to nominate yourself or somebody else for the Technical Steering Committee (TSC) election. The nomination period closes in two days on Friday, Sep 17 at Midnight Pacific Time (-7 GMT) so send in your nominations soon.

To nominate somebody, first ask them to confirm that they would like to be nominated, then use the following email template, with the subject line "TSC election nomination" and send it to election@...:


Dear Election Committee,

I nominate myself/<nominee's name> for the TSC election. My/their email address is <email>.

Thanks,

<your name>


Voting for the TSC election will start on October 1.  To make sure you are eligible to vote, visit the Hyperledger Voter Eligibility Check and check your email address:

https://labs.hyperledger.org/voters/

If the information we have for you is incorrect or if you're not showing up, please email election@... and we will help.

Thanks,
David


Best Candies Of The World

Gari Singh
 

This election was fixed!  Stop the Steal!

(just could not resist)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: OpaVote Results <noreply@...>
Date: Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 12:09 PM
Subject: Best Candies Of The World
To: <gari.r.singh@...>


OpaVote Online Voting

This email is being sent to inform you that voting has closed for the Best Candies Of The World. Click here to see the results.

Please contact me with any questions at the email address below.

Best regards,
Ry Jones
rjones@...


You are receiving this email because Ry Jones included you in this election. Unsubscribe here.


Re: [Hyperledger Identity WG] Identity Working Group the road forward September 15, 2021 12 noon EDT

Alfonso Govela Thomae
 

Thank you Daniel and Vipin,

Apologies for not being able to make it. My interest to collaborate continues. Look forward to Vipin’s writeup for next steps.

Kind regards to you all.

Alfonso

On Sep 15, 2021, at 11:26 AM, Bachenheimer, Daniel via lists.hyperledger.org <daniel.bachenheimer=accenture.com@...> wrote:

Thanks Vipin – sounds reasonable.
 
 
Thank You,
Daniel Bachenheimer
Blockchain | Multi-Party Systems
Digital Identity  |  Principal Director
Office: Arlington, VA  |  USA
Direct:  +1 703.947.1659  |  Mobile:  +1 202.251.7073
<image003.jpg>
 
 
From: VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...> 
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 12:20 PM
To: Bachenheimer, Daniel <daniel.bachenheimer@...>; identity-wg@...
Cc: 'hyperledger-tsc@...' <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Subject: [External] Re: Identity Working Group the road forward September 15, 2021 12 noon EDT
 
Dan,
There was just Jim St. Clair and I on the call, and we briefly discussed the rationale for continuing the ID WG.
We will do a writeup based on that discussion and continue.
The call iis now closed.
Best,
Vipin
 
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)
 

From: Bachenheimer, Daniel <daniel.bachenheimer@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 11:59 AM
To: VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...>; identity-wg@... <identity-wg@...>
Cc: 'hyperledger-tsc@...' <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Subject: RE: Identity Working Group the road forward September 15, 2021 12 noon EDT
 
Vipin,
 
I think that lowering the frequency of these meetings or simply combing with the Identity Implementors meeting and carving out time for specific topics would be great.  I will join today but likely about 30min late due to a conflict.
 
 
Thank You,
Daniel Bachenheimer
Blockchain | Multi-Party Systems
Digital Identity  |  Principal Director
Office: Arlington, VA  |  USA
Direct:  +1 703.947.1659  |  Mobile:  +1 202.251.7073
<image005.jpg>
 
 
From: identity-wg@... <identity-wg@...> On Behalf Of VIPIN BHARATHAN
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2021 12:16 PM
To: identity-wg@...
Cc: 'hyperledger-tsc@...' <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Subject: [External] [Hyperledger Identity WG] Identity Working Group the road forward September 15, 2021 12 noon EDT
 
This message is from an EXTERNAL SENDER - be CAUTIOUS, particularly with links and attachments.

 
Hi all,
 
This is an exciting time for Digital Identity Solutions in the Blockchain space.
Digital identity was always recognized as foundational in a decentralized ecosystem. A notion of Identity has to exist even before a digital asset is issued and certainly when it is transferred.
The Identity Working Group is where many important Identity based blockchains and other solutions were incubated and launched in Hyperledger, including Indy and Aries.
We now have a parallel Identity Implementors call which is very successful. That call is technology focused on Identity solutions.
 
The Identity Working Group has hosted numerous calls that examine Identity in Blockchain from so many different angles.
This has been mostly a presentation-based format, even though we have always encouraged active listening and questions.
We started on a Identity focused white paper a while ago, but that effort has fizzled out.
 
As you have noticed, the last few calls have been cancelled.
We have to have a rethink of the rationale and purpose behind the group.
Some ideas:
  1. Restart the Identity WG paper as a systemization of knowledge (a survey based approach) and guide to the various standardization efforts for Identity
  2. Work with the other working groups to address the breaking/bridging silos to work on common problems (Identity being a cross-silo concern) and often a cross-silo bridger or a pivot.
  3. Talk about reference implementations for Identity in the larger context namely privacy, regulations, decentralizing Identity proofing, authentication and authorization, always in the context of real applications on the blockchain
  4. Drop down the frequency of calls to once a month  
 Please respond to this email with suggestions and ideas. We can get together on Wednesday to discuss our path forward.
Hope to see you on zoom at noon EDT (-1600 UTC) on Wednesday the 15th of September
 
 
Thanks,
Vipin
 
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)
 
 


This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy. 
______________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.accenture.com


Re: Identity Working Group the road forward September 15, 2021 12 noon EDT

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 

Dan,
There was just Jim St. Clair and I on the call, and we briefly discussed the rationale for continuing the ID WG.
We will do a writeup based on that discussion and continue.
The call iis now closed.
Best,
Vipin

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)
vip@...


From: Bachenheimer, Daniel <daniel.bachenheimer@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 11:59 AM
To: VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...>; identity-wg@... <identity-wg@...>
Cc: 'hyperledger-tsc@...' <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Subject: RE: Identity Working Group the road forward September 15, 2021 12 noon EDT
 

Vipin,

 

I think that lowering the frequency of these meetings or simply combing with the Identity Implementors meeting and carving out time for specific topics would be great.  I will join today but likely about 30min late due to a conflict.

 

 

Thank You,

Daniel Bachenheimer

Blockchain | Multi-Party Systems

Digital Identity  |  Principal Director

Office: Arlington, VA  |  USA

Direct:  +1 703.947.1659  |  Mobile:  +1 202.251.7073

Email: daniel.bachenheimer@...

 

 

From: identity-wg@... <identity-wg@...> On Behalf Of VIPIN BHARATHAN
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2021 12:16 PM
To: identity-wg@...
Cc: 'hyperledger-tsc@...' <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Subject: [External] [Hyperledger Identity WG] Identity Working Group the road forward September 15, 2021 12 noon EDT

 

This message is from an EXTERNAL SENDER - be CAUTIOUS, particularly with links and attachments.


 

Hi all,

 

This is an exciting time for Digital Identity Solutions in the Blockchain space.

Digital identity was always recognized as foundational in a decentralized ecosystem. A notion of Identity has to exist even before a digital asset is issued and certainly when it is transferred.

The Identity Working Group is where many important Identity based blockchains and other solutions were incubated and launched in Hyperledger, including Indy and Aries.

We now have a parallel Identity Implementors call which is very successful. That call is technology focused on Identity solutions.

 

The Identity Working Group has hosted numerous calls that examine Identity in Blockchain from so many different angles.

This has been mostly a presentation-based format, even though we have always encouraged active listening and questions.

We started on a Identity focused white paper a while ago, but that effort has fizzled out.

 

As you have noticed, the last few calls have been cancelled.

We have to have a rethink of the rationale and purpose behind the group.

Some ideas:

  1. Restart the Identity WG paper as a systemization of knowledge (a survey based approach) and guide to the various standardization efforts for Identity
  2. Work with the other working groups to address the breaking/bridging silos to work on common problems (Identity being a cross-silo concern) and often a cross-silo bridger or a pivot.
  3. Talk about reference implementations for Identity in the larger context namely privacy, regulations, decentralizing Identity proofing, authentication and authorization, always in the context of real applications on the blockchain
  4. Drop down the frequency of calls to once a month  

 Please respond to this email with suggestions and ideas. We can get together on Wednesday to discuss our path forward.

Hope to see you on zoom at noon EDT (-1600 UTC) on Wednesday the 15th of September

 

 

Thanks,

Vipin

 

dlt.nyc

Vipin Bharathan

Digital Transformation Consultant

Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)

 




This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.
______________________________________________________________________________________

www.accenture.com


Agenda for TSC call of September 16, 2021

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi all,

The agenda is now online. If you have something you'd like to discuss feel free to add it.
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+09+16+TSC+Meeting+Record

Gentle nudge: we're missing several quarterly reports, namely Explorer, Avalon, and Ursa.

Talk to you tomorrow.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM



Re: [Hyperledger Identity WG] Identity Working Group the road forward September 15, 2021 12 noon EDT

Alfonso Govela Thomae
 

Thanks Vipin, and hi all,

Your proposal is most relevant. Agreements and suggestions follow.

- Identity is foundational for any decentralized ecosystem, and vital for des-intermediated transactions.

- Ownership of assets, digital or not, require identified proprietaries.

- IDWG should continue to be a breeding ground for identity related issues.

- ID should be one of many bridges to build across silos.

- Systematization of knowledge can help our group, and facilitate bringing in interest from others.

- Let's start a movement to systematize knowledge at each SIGs, WGs, and Meetups. Repetition across groups might facilitate connections.

- Referencing context is a meaningful way to include related, but still not included, areas.

- Let’s retake the identity focused white paper.

- I would like to contribute with a Taxonomy of ID Use Cases, that can expand our Taxonomy of DLT / Blockchain Educational Opportunities at LMDWG.

Personally I would like to keep our meetings bi-weekly. My experience with Meetup Groups is that monthly sessions don't generate enough engagement.

Thank you Vipin for all your support in making this IDWG possible.

Kind regards to you all,

Alfonso Govela
Co-Founder Hyperledger Latinoamerica
Co-Chair Learning Materials and Development Working Group


On Sep 13, 2021, at 11:15 AM, VIPIN BHARATHAN via lists.hyperledger.org <vip=dlt.nyc@...> wrote:

Hi all,

This is an exciting time for Digital Identity Solutions in the Blockchain space.
Digital identity was always recognized as foundational in a decentralized ecosystem. A notion of Identity has to exist even before a digital asset is issued and certainly when it is transferred.
The Identity Working Group is where many important Identity based blockchains and other solutions were incubated and launched in Hyperledger, including Indy and Aries.
We now have a parallel Identity Implementors call which is very successful. That call is technology focused on Identity solutions.

The Identity Working Group has hosted numerous calls that examine Identity in Blockchain from so many different angles.
This has been mostly a presentation-based format, even though we have always encouraged active listening and questions.
We started on a Identity focused white paper a while ago, but that effort has fizzled out.

As you have noticed, the last few calls have been cancelled.
We have to have a rethink of the rationale and purpose behind the group.
Some ideas:
  1. Restart the Identity WG paper as a systemization of knowledge (a survey based approach) and guide to the various standardization efforts for Identity
  2. Work with the other working groups to address the breaking/bridging silos to work on common problems (Identity being a cross-silo concern) and often a cross-silo bridger or a pivot.
  3. Talk about reference implementations for Identity in the larger context namely privacy, regulations, decentralizing Identity proofing, authentication and authorization, always in the context of real applications on the blockchain
  4. Drop down the frequency of calls to once a month  
 Please respond to this email with suggestions and ideas. We can get together on Wednesday to discuss our path forward.
Hope to see you on zoom at noon EDT (-1600 UTC) on Wednesday the 15th of September


Thanks,
Vipin

Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)



Identity Working Group the road forward September 15, 2021 12 noon EDT

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 

Hi all,

This is an exciting time for Digital Identity Solutions in the Blockchain space.
Digital identity was always recognized as foundational in a decentralized ecosystem. A notion of Identity has to exist even before a digital asset is issued and certainly when it is transferred.
The Identity Working Group is where many important Identity based blockchains and other solutions were incubated and launched in Hyperledger, including Indy and Aries.
We now have a parallel Identity Implementors call which is very successful. That call is technology focused on Identity solutions.

The Identity Working Group has hosted numerous calls that examine Identity in Blockchain from so many different angles.
This has been mostly a presentation-based format, even though we have always encouraged active listening and questions.
We started on a Identity focused white paper a while ago, but that effort has fizzled out.

As you have noticed, the last few calls have been cancelled.
We have to have a rethink of the rationale and purpose behind the group.
Some ideas:
  1. Restart the Identity WG paper as a systemization of knowledge (a survey based approach) and guide to the various standardization efforts for Identity
  2. Work with the other working groups to address the breaking/bridging silos to work on common problems (Identity being a cross-silo concern) and often a cross-silo bridger or a pivot.
  3. Talk about reference implementations for Identity in the larger context namely privacy, regulations, decentralizing Identity proofing, authentication and authorization, always in the context of real applications on the blockchain
  4. Drop down the frequency of calls to once a month  
 Please respond to this email with suggestions and ideas. We can get together on Wednesday to discuss our path forward.
Hope to see you on zoom at noon EDT (-1600 UTC) on Wednesday the 15th of September


Thanks,
Vipin

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)
vip@...


Cancelled Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) - Thursday, September 9, 2021 #cal-cancelled

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, September 9, 2021
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/93304666234?pwd=OEswSmpjS2oxeWE2NmZId2hBanBnQT09

Organizer: TSC community-architects@...

Description:

Please see the agenda: TSC meeting records

Join Zoom Meeting:
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system:


No TSC call this week

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Ok, I think it makes more sense to skip this week. We'll meet next week.

Regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM



Re: Agenda items for the TSC call?

Arun S M
 

No agenda items for this week.
I had one action item on "What if a project does not meet its charter goal?". I do not have enough arguments yet to put a proposal together or bring it up for discussion.
Another item I am interested in is the badging proposal, but I do not have the current context.

I see a few emails floating around on the TSC election nominations. We can ask if staff members have any comments for us. Let us do all that we can from our end to help them.

Regards,
Arun

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 2:19 AM Baohua Yang <yangbaohua@...> wrote:
Fine to skip it!

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 1:44 PM Mark Wagner <mwagner114@...> wrote:
I got nothing!

-mark

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 4:26 PM Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi,
This time I really don't have anything else besides the quarterly reports (we did receive Burrow's report!) and the backlog. Is there anything else that would make the call really worthwhile?
Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM




--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang


Re: Agenda items for the TSC call?

Baohua Yang
 

Fine to skip it!


On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 1:44 PM Mark Wagner <mwagner114@...> wrote:
I got nothing!

-mark

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 4:26 PM Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi,
This time I really don't have anything else besides the quarterly reports (we did receive Burrow's report!) and the backlog. Is there anything else that would make the call really worthwhile?
Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM




--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang


Re: Agenda items for the TSC call?

Mark Wagner
 

I got nothing!

-mark


On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 4:26 PM Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi,
This time I really don't have anything else besides the quarterly reports (we did receive Burrow's report!) and the backlog. Is there anything else that would make the call really worthwhile?
Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM



Agenda items for the TSC call?

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi,
This time I really don't have anything else besides the quarterly reports (we did receive Burrow's report!) and the backlog. Is there anything else that would make the call really worthwhile?
Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM



Check your eligibility to vote in the upcoming Technical Steering Committee election

David Boswell
 

Voting for this year's Technical Steering Committee election starts on October 1 and closes on October 15.  We ask that everyone take a couple of minutes now to confirm you are showing up correctly in the voter rolls so you can participate when the voting starts.

Voting is open to any community member who has contributed in the last 12 months. We have exported information about who has contributed, but it is important you confirm we have the correct data.  It is possible that our information includes a different email address than you would prefer and it is possible your contribution is not showing up in our export.

To check your availability, visit the Hyperledger Voter Eligibility Check and check your email address.

https://labs.hyperledger.org/voters/

If the information we have for you is incorrect or if you're not showing up, please email election@... and we will help.

Thanks,
David


Burrow Q3 update

Silas Davis
 

Evensong Burrow followers. A quiet quarter.

Apologies for lateness.

No news is good news?


Re: [Hyperledger DCI WG] Hyperledger TSC Election Call for Nominations

Arun S M
 

We will miss you Mark.
I remember your conversations in the meetings, the humor, willingness to lighten up the situation and bringing in different dimensions to the problem at hand.

Regards,
Arun

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 6:28 PM Mark Wagner <mwagner114@...> wrote:
I will not be running for reelection to the TSC this year. I want to thank everyone for their faith in me and for the opportunity to serve the community for the last few years.

Sincerely

Mark Wagner



On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 2:02 PM David Boswell <dboswell@...> wrote:
This year's Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee (TSC) election will happen from October 1 to 15, 2021.  The election will include active contributors who have been nominated to run as candidates.  We are now opening the call for nominations and this process will run through September 17.

To nominate somebody, first ask them to confirm that they would like to be nominated then use the following email template with the subject line "TSC election nomination" and send it to election@...:


Dear Election Committee,

I nominate myself or <nominee's name> for the TSC election. My or their email address is <email>.

Thanks,

<your name>


After you have emailed your nomination, please also create a nomination statement on the Hyperledger wiki and include the following information: nominee name, nominated by, short personal bio and a short personal pitch about why someone should consider voting for them.

If you have any questions about the election process, please feel free to write to election@....

Thanks,
David


Re: [Hyperledger DCI WG] Hyperledger TSC Election Call for Nominations

Mark Wagner
 

I will not be running for reelection to the TSC this year. I want to thank everyone for their faith in me and for the opportunity to serve the community for the last few years.

Sincerely

Mark Wagner



On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 2:02 PM David Boswell <dboswell@...> wrote:
This year's Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee (TSC) election will happen from October 1 to 15, 2021.  The election will include active contributors who have been nominated to run as candidates.  We are now opening the call for nominations and this process will run through September 17.

To nominate somebody, first ask them to confirm that they would like to be nominated then use the following email template with the subject line "TSC election nomination" and send it to election@...:


Dear Election Committee,

I nominate myself or <nominee's name> for the TSC election. My or their email address is <email>.

Thanks,

<your name>


After you have emailed your nomination, please also create a nomination statement on the Hyperledger wiki and include the following information: nominee name, nominated by, short personal bio and a short personal pitch about why someone should consider voting for them.

If you have any questions about the election process, please feel free to write to election@....

Thanks,
David


Re: Agenda for TSC call of September 2, 2021

Gari Singh
 

I won’t be able to make it tomorrow.

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 4:55 PM Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi,

I didn't get any response to my request for agenda items so this may be a short call but nevertheless I'd like us to try to tackle the incubation exit criteria so we'll have a call anyway. Here is the agenda:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+09+02+TSC+Meeting+Record

Talk to you then.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM



Agenda for TSC call of September 2, 2021

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi,

I didn't get any response to my request for agenda items so this may be a short call but nevertheless I'd like us to try to tackle the incubation exit criteria so we'll have a call anyway. Here is the agenda:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2021+09+02+TSC+Meeting+Record

Talk to you then.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM


1 - 20 of 3521