Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Project Proposal: Consensus Platform

Hart Montgomery

Hi Martin,

Thanks for replying.  There isn’t a set TSC policy on this—what I have said is just my opinion.  However, if you can convince the inventor to submit the paper for peer review, I’d definitely encourage you to do so.  I’m actually surprised this hasn’t been done already since the paper appears to be more than a year old.

And furthermore, please don’t take this to mean I don’t believe efforts like this are useful.  I’m a huge proponent of modular consensus and crypto, and hope Hyperledger has more of this type of thing in the future.  I just want to make sure that there are protocols in place to ensure that, as a community, we deliver secure systems, and all the code/security review in the world won’t help if some critical underlying algorithm is broken.

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts on this, and have a great day.