De: hyperledger-tsc-bounces@... [mailto:hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...] En nombre de Stefan Buhrmester via hyperledger-tsc
Enviado el: viernes, 12 de febrero de 2016 9:23
Para: Jesus Diaz Vico
CC: tsc@...
Asunto: Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Minutes 02.11.16

I don't think we have to consider privacy in an open ledger system. In an open ledger system all information is open. By definition. So there is no private information. If somebody wants to keep information private, he is not supposed to put the information into the system the first place.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 5:10 PM, Jesus Diaz Vico via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

Hi all.

Thanks for the email, it is very useful for all of us who could not attend the complete meeting (or attend at all).

One doubt/comment about the evaluation criteria. Is privacy being considered as part of the security criteria (or any other criteria, although I'd say that it fits better in security, if any) or not at all?

If not being considered either explicitly nor implicitly, I'll give it a thought. A system may be really secure (in terms of confidentiality (!= privacy), integrity, availability and so on) against any kind of considered attacker, but still lack privacy.

In the concrete context of blockchain, as in most other contexts, a proposal may be privacy-respectful depending on the use case For instance, private "enough" for conventional value transactions, but not private enough for managing information storage.

Best,

Jesus

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 1:11 AM, Todd Benzies via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

Hyperledger Project

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting

February 11, 2016 (7:00am - 8:30am PT)

via GoToMeeting

TSC Members

Emmanuel Viale

Accenture

Present

Kireeti Reddy

CME Group

N/A

Shaul Kfir

DAH

N/A

Stefan Teis

Deutsche Boerse Group

Present

Pardha Vishnumolakala

DTCC

N/A

Kei Taniuchi

Fujitsu

N/A

TBD

Hitachi

N/A

Chris Ferris

IBM

Present

Mic Bowman

Intel

Present

David Voell

J.P. Morgan

Present

Richard G. Brown

R3

Present

More information on the TSC Members can be found at https://www.hyperledger.org/about/tsc

TSC Chair Elections

·  Note:  if you are a Premier member and have not yet notified tbenzies@... of your TSC representative, please do so ASAP.

·  Process for electing a TSC Chair (from the 11 TSC members)

o Begin nomination period: Today, Feb 11th, nominations includes a short bio/pitch less than 1 page

o End nomination period: 9pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, Feb 17th

o Send slate of respective nominees to TSC Members: Thursday, Feb 18th

o Send TSC members the ballot link to electronic voting: Thursday, Feb 18th using Condorcet voting (http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/)

o Voting period ends: Tuesday, Feb 23rd at 9pm Pacific Time

o Election winners announced: Wednesday, Feb 24th

·  The TSC operates in the open (open calls, public list)

·  Startup Period: During the first six (6) months after project launch, the TSC voting members shall consist of one (1) appointed representative from each Premier Member and each Top Level Project Maintainer, provided that no company (including related companies or affiliates under common control) shall have more than three (3) votes on the TSC.

·  Steady State: After the Startup Period, there shall be a nomination and election period for electing Contributors or Maintainers to the TSC. The TSC voting members shall consist of eleven (11) elected Contributors or Maintainers chosen by the Active Contributors. An Active Contributor is defined as any Contributor who has had a contribution accepted into the codebase during the prior twelve (12) months. The TSC shall approve the process and timing for nominations and elections held on an annual basis.

Tools/Services

·  IRC:  #hyperledger on freenode.net (has Meetbot)

·  Public lists:  lists.hyperledger.org

·  Slack:  hyperledgerproject.slack.com (it was noted that it is possible to bridge IRC w/ Slack)

·  Wiki would be useful -- Linux Foundation to set up

Meeting Cadence

·  Consensus:  [weekly] Thursdays, 7:00am - 8:30am PT

o Evaluate after 1 month if any changes to cadence or timing are necessary

Code

·  Discussion on where and how to land code -- getting proposed code into public review.

·  Should code under review remain on www.github.com/staging-blockchain or be moved to the formal org www.github.com/hyperledger?

o Consensus:  use www.github.com/hyperledger, companies with proposed code can point to their repos from the readme, and note whether those linked repos are either “snapshot” or “ongoing development”

Template for Proposal Evaluation

·  Stefan Buhrmester and Vipin Bharathan have volunteered to help edit an initial template for TSC review

Proposals for Common Starting Points

·  Previous discussion

o Networking

o BFT

o Storage

o Cryptographic libraries

o Member services

·  Consensus:  start lower down the stack where people are much closer in agreement, and then slowly work up the stack.

·  Needed:  create a github markdown doc for documenting use cases

Agenda Draft for 2/18 TSC Meeting

·  Discussion on basic use cases to address

·  High-level thoughts on how proposed contributions could be converged

·  Walk-through of project proposal template (Stefan Buhrmester and Vipin Bharathan)

Previous Discussions from Formation Meetings

·         Evaluation Criteria

o    Security

o    Interoperability

o    Scalability

o    Extensibility

o    Deployment Environment

o    Ecosystem

o    Change Management

o    Resilience

·         Functional Requirements

o    Contract Execution Environment

o    Transaction

o    Block of Transactions

o    Network

o    Consensus/Validation

o    Authentication & Entitlements

o    Reference Data

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Michael Dolan <mdolan@...> wrote:

Welcome to the (now official) Hyperledger Community. Thank you to everyone who helped with the launch of the project and getting everything lined up for a very strong start.

We have a technical community call scheduled for Thursday at 10am Eastern Time. The GoToMeeting details are below. Our apologies for last week’s disruption with the 25 person limit. We have fixed that issue and now have a 100 person capacity. I’m also copying both the TSC and the technical-discuss mailing lists. In the future, we will just use the TSC mailing list for TSC meetings. However, I didn’t want to miss anyone this first week, so I’ve copied both lists. If you have not signed up for any mailing lists, you will want to do so here: https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo

I look forward to our discussion tomorrow.

— Mike

Proposed Agenda

I’ll propose the agenda below for tomorrow, if you have other thoughts / comments, please let me know.

  1. Process for electing a TSC Chair (10 mins). Also, if you are a Premier member and have not yet notified Todd (CC’d) of your TSC Chair representative, please do so ASAP. We will distribute a list of the TSC reps to the TSC when we have everyone identified.
  2. Discussion of tools/services that would be helpful to the community. We have setup IRC:  #hyperledger on freenode with Meetbot. We have the mailing lists. Does the TSC want to see anything else? E.g. Slack? A wiki such as https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/hyperledger shared wiki or setup wiki.hyperledger.org?
  3. Future meeting day/times? Do we use this time slot for the TSC going forward or does the TSC prefer a different cadence and/or time or day?
  4. Discuss where/how to land code. Common question we’re getting is “where is the code?” Need to discuss how to get proposed code into public review.
  5. Discuss process for getting to a code starting point. Proposal template for evaluation?
  6. Discuss proposals for the common starting points
    • Networking
    • BFT
    • Storage
    • Cryptographic libraries
    • Member services

1. Proposed TSC Chair Election Process

  • Begin nomination period: Thursday, Feb 11th, nominations includes a short bio/pitch less than 1 page
  • End nomination period: 9pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, Feb 17th
  • Send slate of respective nominees to Silver Members: Thursday, Feb 18th
  • Send TSC members the ballot link to electronic voting: Thursday, Feb 18th using Condorcet voting (http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/)
  • Voting period ends: Tuesday, Feb 23rd at 9pm Pacific Time
  • Election winners announced: Wednesday, Feb 24th

GoToMeeting Instructions

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States (toll-free): 1 877 309 2070

United States: +1 (312) 757-3119

Access Code: 613-310-429

--

Todd Benzies