[Hyperledger Project TSC] Minutes / January 5th, 2017


Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

Hyperledger Project

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting

January 5, 2017 (7:00am - 8:00am PT)

via GoToMeeting


TSC Members

Arnaud Le Hors


Binh Nguyen

Yes

Christopher Ferris

Yes

Dan Middleton

Yes

Greg Haskins


Hart Montgomery

Yes

Mic Bowman

Yes

Murali Krishna Katipalli

Yes

Richard Brown


Sheehan Anderson

Yes

Tamas Blummer

Yes


Resources:


Agenda

  • Action Item Review

  • On-going (no action, just tracking)


Action Item Review

  • Baohua to finalize draft doc for TWGC and collect volunteers to help resource the WG.

  • Vote to approve Cello for incubation.

  • Chris Ferris to drive forward CII Security Badge discussion

    • Need a formal process (response and escalation for remediating vulnerabilities) once Security Maven is hired.

    • Also look at security scans, both from code and penetration, as well as other aspects.

    • Some discussion about incorporating code scanning into CI.  But, would need tools available for this (Hyperledger may need to purchase).

    • Discussion ensued regarding independent peer review of projects (advisory role, not a gating mechanism).

      • Formalizing a function that WGs can provide peer review -- deferring to WG Charter discussions next week.

  • Hackfests

    • San Francisco (February 1-2) register / agenda

    • Shanghai (March TBD):  Todd to connect with Victor (Huawei)

    • New York (May TBD):  If you have venue space, please contact tbenzies@... to discuss.

  • Monthly Project updates

    • Each project to send a monthly update for the 3rd TSC meeting of the month (Todd to send a reminder).  Paragraph or bullet points are both acceptable.

  • Comms tools

    • Talked last year about various alternatives to Slack -- but, didn’t pan out effectively.  Cannot afford enterprise version of Slack.

    • ACTION:  Ry to check in with LF IT on cost associated with hosting Rocket.Chat


On-going


Actions

  • TWG China / Charter review

  • Ry to connect with Baohua to onboard Cello into incubation

  • Hackfest planning (San Francisco, Shanghai, New York)

  • Continue CII Security Badge discussion

  • Ry to check in with LF IT on cost associated with hosting Rocket.Chat


On-Going

  • Each project to send a monthly update for the 3rd TSC meeting of the month (Todd to send a reminder).  Paragraph or bullet points are both acceptable.

  • Internship Program -- if you are interested in being a mentor for an intern, please let us know (this will launch sometime next year)

--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)
Skype: tbenzies

Join tsc@lists.hyperledger.org to automatically receive all group messages.