From:        "VIPIN BHARATHAN" <vip@...>
To:        "tsc@..." <tsc@...>, "bbehlendorf@..." <bbehlendorf@...>
Date:        02/08/2021 09:34 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger TSC] SIG Request for Support from Technical Community: Labs and technical documents have been created in isolation so far and don’t tend to connect with projects
Sent by:        tsc@...

Brian,

I agree that governance should be imposed. DCOs are enforced by the rules setup inside the labs for example.

Sponsors do not do any of the other tasks than "sponsor" the projects, basically a review of the proposal, Lab Stewards do that as well.

In fact we have been having discussions about "processes that encourage contribution; using Git correctly" etc. for all projects, not just the labs. These efforts can be extended to labs as well.
Let us be very clear about what the Sponsors actually do (or don't do) before we say we require them.

Digital Transformation Consultant