From:        "Kuhrt, Tracy A. via lists.hyperledger.org" <tracy.a.kuhrt=accenture.com@...>
To:        "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Cc:        "SIG-Chairs@..." <SIG-Chairs@...>
Date:        02/04/2021 11:01 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger TSC] SIG Request for Support from Technical Community: Defining Standards
Sent by:        tsc@...

On January 11th, I provided a report back on the SIG chair meetingthat I attended. On our TSC call on January 14th, we had some initial discussions about each of the items that I reported back on. It was suggested that I break out the individual items so that if there were any additional thoughts on the topic that we could discuss in a single thread instead of mixing topics.

This is the email to discuss item #1 Defining standards -- data standards, process standards.  How to get standards to interoperate.  How to break things out of silos since different SIGs are working on standards in separate groups.  Can presenting these standards efforts to the TSC help break these out of standards?  Can the technical community help with implementation of the standards?

Here is what has been mentioned on the previous thread so far regarding this topic:

From Arun:

Do we need to streamline the outcomes of these standardization activities? TSC can help here by reviewing current modes of collaboration. Another way TSC can be involved is to review the content as you suggested. TSC could guide SIGs on what is possible, already available, what alternatives are available, be able to bridge to other similar outcomes. This will help TSC in a way to respond to project needs and requests.

Tracy

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at
https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.

www.accenture.com