Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Hyperledger Fabric Java SDK Proposal

Hart Montgomery

+1

From: hyperledger-tsc-bounces@... [mailto:hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Christopher Ferris via hyperledger-tsc
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:03 AM
To: hyperledger-tsc@...
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Hyperledger Fabric Java SDK Proposal

All,

I've seen mostly positive comments on the proposal from DTCC and Fujitsu to incubate a fabric-sdk-java project. Since we won't be meeting until next week, and since the team is eager to begin collaboration, I suggest we take an email vote.

TSC members, please reply with +1 or -1 to this note indicating your support (or not) for incubating this proposal. I'll send a reminder but a reply today would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 11:05 PM, Vishnumolakala, Pardha S. via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

Hi,

DTCC and Fujitsu Australia Software Technology (FAST) would like to present the following Java SDK proposal for Hyperledger Fabric project.

This proposal is available at the following URL(s) for community to review.

http://bit.ly/2cqmE1Z

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dP3zUInx7fSr8X1iDOs4R5gFaoixiXeLF5LYeL48_M8/pub

Fabric Java SDK Project Proposal

Sponsors

Eiichiro Fujimura

Fujitsu Australia Software Technology

14 Rodborough road, Frenchs Forest, NSW 2086,  Australia

eiichiro.fujimura@...

Pardha Vishnumolakala

DTCC

pvishnumolakala@...

Abstract

Create a java SDK library for the Hyperledger fabric project. This SDK will be based on the design principles of Node and Python SDKs, and is intended to increase the use of fabric by introducing capability to use Hyperledger fabric for existing/new java based applications. Since REST APIs in Hyperledger fabric are being deprecated, it is important to provide support for multiple languages if we want to see the Hyperledger fabric being used by all sorts of applications.