Re: Meeting Frequency

Jonathan Levi (HACERA)

With BTC halving near, are we looking at the same pay for half the meetings? :-) Joking!

I think this makes sense. Especially as not many/all meetings require voting.

It may help focusing on decision makings too, I believe, which is along the lines of what Hart suggests (the offline review, with tactical, specific, technical discussions, at prime time). So
yes, make sense to me at least.

Hope everybody is staying safe and well.

Jonathan

https://mipasa.org - Because I Care
https://unbounded.network - To Network with Networks [TM]
https://hacera.com - To Blockchain with Confidence

On Tue, 5 May 2020, 17:51 hmontgomery@... <hmontgomery@...> wrote:

I agree with Dan and Gari.  It makes sense to schedule every other week, with “bonus” meetings to discuss substantial agenda items as is seen fit.

The one thing I think we should do if we move to biweekly meetings is fully automate the quarterly reports so that we don’t have to bring them up in meetings (barring an issue).  Ideally all the review (and Q&A) should be offline, and we should only bring them up if there are issues that have been brought up in the report.  I know we’re already doing this to some extent, but ideally, they shouldn’t even be mentioned in the meeting agenda if there aren’t any issues.

What do people think about this?

Thanks a lot for all of your time, and have a great day.

From: "Middleton, Dan" <dan.middleton@...>
Sent by: tsc@...
To: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger TSC] Meeting Frequency
Date: Tue, May 5, 2020 12:05 PM

Hi,

What do people think about moving to every other week?

It feels like at the maturity HL is at now, we have less frequent technical governance questions to address than we did when we established the weekly cadence.

Principal Engineer

Intel