Re: SIGs vs WGs (was Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC elections: electorate should include SIGs and some other suggestions.)

Marta Piekarska <mpiekarska@...>

Hi,

The SIG chairs provide a couple of sentences every month which we then convert into slides for the GB. Additionally they do proper reports and updates on quarterly basis. These started when TSC handed off the SIGs to GB and Hyperledger staff – thus there have been only two cycles of it. Indeed two SIGs this quarter did not submit their report. Public Sector Chair is in Rwanda (she’s working with UN and works as a negotiator in conflict zones) and we only got a verbal report from her this time, however the group is in a good shape, they are working on some documents and are having regular presentations which you can find on their wiki.

I am happy to be even more transparent, all the calls are recorded and open so anyone who is interested can listen to them or dial in. It will be amazing if SIGs get more boost to their activities from the TSC, they will definitely appreciate it! And thank you Dan for your participation in the Supply SIG.

Have a great day

----
Marta Piekarska-Geater
Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger

SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH ME:  calendly.com/mpiekarska

marta@...
+447802336641 (U.K) - Signal and Whatsapp
Wickr: martap

Skype: martapiekarska

Based in the U.K.

From: "tsc@..." <tsc@...> on behalf of VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...>
Date: Friday, August 16, 2019 at 3:34 PM
To: "chris.ferris@..." <chris.ferris@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: SIGs vs WGs (was Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC elections: electorate should include SIGs and some other suggestions.)

Chris,

I think it is quarterly. Some of the SIGs are brand new so they dont have any updates yet like the CMSIG. There should be updates from Telecomm,  Supplychain, Healthcare and Trade Finance.