Re: SIGs vs WGs (was Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC elections: electorate should include SIGs and some other suggestions.)

Hart Montgomery

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the response.  I’m preparing a post on WGs that I’ll make later today on the wiki that should hopefully address the WG concerns here.  I like your description of the differences between SIGs and WGs, and I hope that the WG task force can really pin this down.

I have already connected with Marta (and some others) on the academic outreach stuff.  We are working to move this forward, although I have dropped the ball recently due to my schedule.

I have a question.  You say, “SIGs are expected to provide a one-presentation-deck-page report each month on their activities and accomplishments, which is provided to the Governing Board for their monthly discussions.”  Where is this written?  I couldn’t find this in any of the SIG documentation in the wiki, and I’m worried that I’m missing more information on SIGs.

Thanks a lot for your time, and have a great day.