Re: Add VRF(Verifiable Random Functions) Into Ordering Service to Support Large-scale COnsensus NetWork

VIPIN BHARATHAN

Hello Zhangjiong Xuan,
Sounds great. A faster version of consensus in the form of a VRF implementation. There may be some challenges with the structure and functions of nodes in HLF. I am sure you will overcome those. Ever since VRF was opensourced at the end of 2018 I had expected a group like yours to take on the challenge.

From: tsc@... on behalf of via Lists.Hyperledger.Org <xzj19922010=gmail.com@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2019 8:14 AM
To: tsc@...
Cc: tsc@...
Subject: [Hyperledger TSC] Add VRF(Verifiable Random Functions) Into Ordering Service to Support Large-scale COnsensus NetWork

My name is Zhangjiong Xuan. I come from Hangzhou Qulian Technology Co., Ltd. We have a team to research Algorand and VRF Algorithm. Now we have implement the VRF Algorithm in the Golang. And we think there is a good scenario in the Hyperledger Fabric. So we want to ask the communitty if it’s a good Idea to use VRF Algorithm into Ordering Service, to do a feature in the Ordering Service. I hope TSC group can have a discussion whether will receive this proposal. If both of you think it's a good idea .Maybe we can have a try to do this job .And make a more detailed design in the google docs.

Thanks.

Jira:

Google doc: