+1

In OBC, we differentiate between privacy (your a) from confidentiality (your b) and provide both as options, depending on the requirements of the blockchain deployment.

- Binh

Fabian Schuh via hyperledger-tsc ---02/12/2016 10:56:59 AM---I agree that we need to distinguish a) identity privacy from

From: Fabian Schuh via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
To: Duc.M.Trinh@...
Cc: hyperledger-tsc@...
Date: 02/12/2016 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Minutes 02.11.16
Sent by: hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...

I agree that we need to distinguish
a) identity privacy from
b) transaction content privacy
and it depends on the purpose of the blockchain and the kind of
transactions that you want to use on the blockchain.

For instance, if you just want to transfer a token (such as bitcoin),
you don't need to actually hide the amount of tokens transfered (even
though that would be very well possible, such that only sender and
receiver can figure out the actual amount).
But, as described in the other mail, if you want to put a decentralized
exchange or a bond market on a blockchain, you NEED to hide
prices/amounts to not be the victim of
people that misuse the information to cheat your 'orders' .. such as
short orders or loans in a bond market.

Another use case wold be health insurance. You can put your health data
in a public blockchain, but you want that only your doctors are able to
decrypt it and not everyone else.

All of what I said above is technologically feasible today.

Cheers
 -- Fabian

--

*Fabian Schuh* / Business Developer, Technical Consultant
fabian@... <mailto:fabian@...>

   CRYPTONOMEX, INC.

2020 Kraft Dr Suite 3040
Blacksburg, VA 24060
www.cryptonomex.com <https://www.cryptonomex.com>

<
https://www.linkedin.com/company/cryptonomex-inc->
<
https://github.com/cryptonomex> <https://twitter.com/cryptonomex>
<
https://www.facebook.com/cryptonomex>

Cryptonomex is a leading supplier of advanced block chain technology.
That can range from simple advice, to deployment of your application on
one of our public block chains, to creating your own private chain