[Hyperledger Project TSC] A new repository in github.com/hyperledger

Tamas Blummer <tamas@...>

I'd like to create a github repository within github.com/hyperledger to give home to a subset of the Digital Asset proposed code (https://github.com/DigitalAssetCom/hlp-candidate) so our earlier proposal https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XECRVN9hXGrjAjysrnuNSdggzAKYm6XESR6KmABwhkE/pub can be built only using Hyperledger Foundation github repositories.

The code I would move into this repository defines a generic data access interface to the block chain, implements key generation, transaction composition and account level aggregation of UTXO. This is the code that we connected with IBM's OBC during the hackathon in NYC to demonstrate the joint proposal. The repo would come with its own build script to create an artefact (a java jar) to be further used with the fabric.

The code is used by our higher level stack at Digital Asset and I am sure will be helpful to others to build on, it could be best described as api or client library, hence I suggest the name api or java-api for the repository.

I am thankful for comments on the suggested steps.

Tamas Blummer
Chief Ledger Architect

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.digitalasset.com/emaildisclaimer.html. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.

Olson, Kelly M <kelly.m.olson@...>

Maybe something more specific like UTXO API?

From: <hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...<mailto:hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...>> on behalf of Tamas Blummer via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...<mailto:hyperledger-tsc@...>>
Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 5:56 PM
To: "hyperledger-tsc@...<mailto:hyperledger-tsc@...>" <hyperledger-tsc@...<mailto:hyperledger-tsc@...>>
Subject: [Hyperledger Project TSC] A new repository in github.com/hyperledger

I'd like to create a github repository within github.com/hyperledger<http://github.com/hyperledger> to give home to a subset of the Digital Asset proposed code (https://github.com/DigitalAssetCom/hlp-candidate) so our earlier proposal https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XECRVN9hXGrjAjysrnuNSdggzAKYm6XESR6KmABwhkE/pub can be built only using Hyperledger Foundation github repositories.

The code I would move into this repository defines a generic data access interface to the block chain, implements key generation, transaction composition and account level aggregation of UTXO. This is the code that we connected with IBM's OBC during the hackathon in NYC to demonstrate the joint proposal. The repo would come with its own build script to create an artefact (a java jar) to be further used with the fabric.

The code is used by our higher level stack at Digital Asset and I am sure will be helpful to others to build on, it could be best described as api or client library, hence I suggest the name api or java-api for the repository.

I am thankful for comments on the suggested steps.

Tamas Blummer
Chief Ledger Architect

[cid:B4E9C198-2238-47C3-AD0E-075FE318C432]

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.digitalasset.com/emaildisclaimer.html. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.

Tamas Blummer <tamas@...>

UTXO means for us unreferenced transaction output, a simple but powerful concept to prevent a transaction replay attack.
The library assumes UTXO is supported by the underlying ledger but does much more eg: data warehousing, transaction composition, key generation, account maintenance.

Tamas Blummer
Chief Ledger Architect

From: <hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...<mailto:hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...>> on behalf of Tamas Blummer via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...<mailto:hyperledger-tsc@...>>
Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 5:56 PM
To: "hyperledger-tsc@...<mailto:hyperledger-tsc@...>" <hyperledger-tsc@...<mailto:hyperledger-tsc@...>>

[

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.digitalasset.com/emaildisclaimer.html. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.
<LogoVariations-03.jpg>