Call for topics for this week's TSC meeting #tsc


Kuhrt, Tracy A.
 

Hi, All.

I am looking to put together the agenda for this week's TSC meeting, and I am not finding a topic that we would be able to discuss this week. Does anyone have any topics that we need to discuss?

These are the items that I am aware of that are ongoing:

The following project reports are due or upcoming:
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Burrow (due )
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Grid (due )
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Transact (due )
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Cello (due )
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Quilt (due )
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Explorer (due )
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Firefly (due )

 


Tracy


Hart Montgomery <hmontgomery@...>
 

Hi Tracy,

If there is time, I'd like us to discuss TSC members attending project meetings, as discussed previously on the email list here.  Do you think it would be helpful if I crafted some kind of formal-ish proposal, or should we just start with open discussion?

Thank you very much for your time and have a great day.

Thanks,
Hart

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Kuhrt, Tracy A. via lists.hyperledger.org <tracy.a.kuhrt=accenture.com@...>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2021 9:31 AM
To: tsc@... <tsc@...>
Subject: [Hyperledger TSC] Call for topics for this week's TSC meeting #tsc
 
Hi, All.

I am looking to put together the agenda for this week's TSC meeting, and I am not finding a topic that we would be able to discuss this week. Does anyone have any topics that we need to discuss?

These are the items that I am aware of that are ongoing:

The following project reports are due or upcoming:
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Burrow (due )
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Grid (due )
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Transact (due )
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Cello (due )
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Quilt (due )
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Explorer (due )
  • 2021 Q4 Hyperledger Firefly (due )

 


Tracy


Kuhrt, Tracy A.
 

Hi, Hart.

As of now, this is the only topic that we have for the agenda. If you believe you are ready for a formal-ish proposal, I am happy to have you create one in the issue tracker. The email that you pointed us to gives us a good idea of what you are thinking would be included in the proposal.

If others have topics that we should include on the agenda, please add them.

Tracy


Hart Montgomery <hmontgomery@...>
 

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for your response!  I'll create a proposal in the issue tracker and we can go from there.

It probably isn't worth it at this point to schedule a meeting only for this discussion, so please don't feel compelled to schedule a meeting only for this.

Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Thanks,
Hart

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Kuhrt, Tracy A. via lists.hyperledger.org <tracy.a.kuhrt=accenture.com@...>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2021 9:53 AM
To: tsc@... <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Call for topics for this week's TSC meeting #tsc
 
Hi, Hart.

As of now, this is the only topic that we have for the agenda. If you believe you are ready for a formal-ish proposal, I am happy to have you create one in the issue tracker. The email that you pointed us to gives us a good idea of what you are thinking would be included in the proposal.

If others have topics that we should include on the agenda, please add them.

Tracy


Arun S M
 

Hi Tracy,

If time permits and we have enough data points, we could start looking into action items from the member summit, invite project teams to present on the TSC calls, start looking into revamping some of the silent working groups.

David & Ry have a few tooling improvement ideas, but those alone may not call for a TSC meeting.

Regards,
Arun

On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 at 12:39 AM, Hart Montgomery <hmontgomery@...> wrote:
Hi Tracy,

Thanks for your response!  I'll create a proposal in the issue tracker and we can go from there.

It probably isn't worth it at this point to schedule a meeting only for this discussion, so please don't feel compelled to schedule a meeting only for this.

Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Thanks,
Hart

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Kuhrt, Tracy A. via lists.hyperledger.org <tracy.a.kuhrt=accenture.com@...>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2021 9:53 AM
To: tsc@... <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Call for topics for this week's TSC meeting #tsc
 
Hi, Hart.

As of now, this is the only topic that we have for the agenda. If you believe you are ready for a formal-ish proposal, I am happy to have you create one in the issue tracker. The email that you pointed us to gives us a good idea of what you are thinking would be included in the proposal.

If others have topics that we should include on the agenda, please add them.

Tracy


Kuhrt, Tracy A.
 

Hi, Arun.

Thank you for the suggestions. I did take a look at the output from the member summit, and I do not see any direct action items. If the staff has action items from the member summit that the TSC should take a look at, please let us know.

Also, if anyone on the TSC knows of specific projects, labs, SIGs, or WGs that they would like to have present at the TSC, please let me know so that we can get a calendar of items going. I remember Nathan suggested that we have people come share some of the cool technical stuff that they are working on in the TSC. This might be a good opportunity to combine the two items into future agenda items. 

Given that the current agenda only has the item that Hart suggested, I am suggesting that we cancel the call this week and pick up with that topic and others that may come up.

Tracy


Bobbi
 

Tracy,

Thanks for the offer to present. I would like to put something together for a future TSC meeting. The topic is Linux Foundation's Mentorship Program: The Giving Chain project. We just wrapped up The 6-month program and have a working demo and momentum to become a Lab. FireFly was a huge part so I would like them to join in (If the team is okay with this). Just let me know.

Bobbi

On 12/01/2021 13:10, Kuhrt, Tracy A. via lists.hyperledger.org wrote:

Hi, Arun.

Thank you for the suggestions. I did take a look at the output from the member summit, and I do not see any direct action items. If the staff has action items from the member summit that the TSC should take a look at, please let us know.

Also, if anyone on the TSC knows of specific projects, labs, SIGs, or WGs that they would like to have present at the TSC, please let me know so that we can get a calendar of items going. I remember Nathan suggested that we have people come share some of the cool technical stuff that they are working on in the TSC. This might be a good opportunity to combine the two items into future agenda items. 

Given that the current agenda only has the item that Hart suggested, I am suggesting that we cancel the call this week and pick up with that topic and others that may come up.

Tracy


Arnaud Le Hors
 

Sounds reasonable to me. Let's skip this week. It will also give us time to review the reports that are just coming in. :-)
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM




From:        "Kuhrt, Tracy A. via lists.hyperledger.org" <tracy.a.kuhrt=accenture.com@...>
To:        tsc@...
Date:        12/01/2021 07:10 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Call for topics for this week's TSC meeting #tsc
Sent by:        tsc@...




Hi, Arun. Thank you for the suggestions. I did take a look at the output from the member summit, and I do not see any direct action items. If the staff has action items from the member summit that the TSC should take a look at, please let us ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

This message came from outside your organization.


ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Hi, Arun.

Thank you for the suggestions. I did take a look at the output from the member summit, and I do not see any direct action items. If the staff has action items from the member summit that the TSC should take a look at, please let us know.

Also, if anyone on the TSC knows of specific projects, labs, SIGs, or WGs that they would like to have present at the TSC, please let me know so that we can get a calendar of items going. I remember Nathan suggested that we have people come share some of the cool technical stuff that they are working on in the TSC. This might be a good opportunity to combine the two items into future agenda items.

Given that the current agenda only has the item that Hart suggested, I am suggesting that we cancel the call this week and pick up with that topic and others that may come up.

Tracy






Jim Zhang
 

Thanks Bobbie for offering to present the Giving Chain work. The FireFly team would love to help with the presentation or be on the call to answer questions. Please feel free to reach out to Nicko to coordinate (I already gave him a heads up).

Jim

On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 3:24 PM Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Sounds reasonable to me. Let's skip this week. It will also give us time to review the reports that are just coming in. :-)
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member - Open Technologies: Blockchain, Edge Computing, Web - IBM




From:        "Kuhrt, Tracy A. via lists.hyperledger.org" <tracy.a.kuhrt=accenture.com@...>
To:        tsc@...
Date:        12/01/2021 07:10 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Call for topics for this week's TSC meeting #tsc
Sent by:        tsc@...




Hi, Arun. Thank you for the suggestions. I did take a look at the output from the member summit, and I do not see any direct action items. If the staff has action items from the member summit that the TSC should take a look at, please let us ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

This message came from outside your organization.


ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Hi, Arun.

Thank you for the suggestions. I did take a look at the output from the member summit, and I do not see any direct action items. If the staff has action items from the member summit that the TSC should take a look at, please let us know.

Also, if anyone on the TSC knows of specific projects, labs, SIGs, or WGs that they would like to have present at the TSC, please let me know so that we can get a calendar of items going. I remember Nathan suggested that we have people come share some of the cool technical stuff that they are working on in the TSC. This might be a good opportunity to combine the two items into future agenda items.

Given that the current agenda only has the item that Hart suggested, I am suggesting that we cancel the call this week and pick up with that topic and others that may come up.

Tracy







--
Jim Zhang
Co-founder, Head of Protocol Engineering
Kaleido.io, The Blockchain Business Cloud