Common Repo structure (was: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Feb 6 agenda)

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>

+Maintainers

Hey maintainers,

At the maintainers summit we talked about having some consistency across the project repos e.g. everyone has a contributing.md etc.

There’s been a task force looking at this and we are evaluating a repo linter tool. Chris has posted output after running against all the repos.

Thanks for doing that for everyone, Chris!

Maintainers, please provide feedback on the ruleset etc. in the wiki comments for the taskforce.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TF/Repository+Structure+Task+Force

Thanks,

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

From: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...>
Date: Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 6:53 AM
To: Dan Middleton <dan.middleton@...>
Cc: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, Hyperledger List <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Feb 6 agenda

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 11:43 AM Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...> wrote:

Yes, but I thought we also agreed more detail. I have taken that step and would like TSC to weigh in with nod of agreement, then we can socialize to the various projects not covered by TSC members.

From: "Middleton, Dan" <dan.middleton@...>
Sent by: tsc@...
To: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Feb 6 agenda
Date: Wed, Feb 5, 2020 11:21 AM

Hi,

On repo linting I was thinking of how we concluded the conversation last time

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020+01+30+TSC+Minutes

“Let's run this by the Project Maintainers? Dan Middleton  Chris will do a report Christopher Ferris

Regards,

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 10:08 AM
To: Dan Middleton <dan.middleton@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

Thanks for letting us know Dan.

On the repo structure, I invite anyone who hasn't voiced their opinion to do so on the related wiki page [1]. As always, any decision in this regard can still be amended if anyone brings up any issue. I suspect we will need to make some adjustments once we gained a bit of experience with it.

[1] https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TF/Repository+Structure+Task+Force

On the TSC election, I'm personally fine with deciding not to close the remaining issues but Dave claims these are stopping the team from working on an election plan for this year so I think it deserves a minimum of discussion.

From:        "Middleton, Dan" <dan.middleton@...>
To:        "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Date:        02/05/2020 04:15 PM
Sent by:        tsc@...

gah… Feb 6 not 3…

you can see how behind I am this week :)

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Dan Middleton <dan.middleton@...>
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 9:11 AM
To: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: [Hyperledger TSC] Feb 3 agenda

Hi,

I will probably miss the call Feb 3.

I see that the repo structure is listed in the Decisions section. I think we want to get community feedback before voting on anything there.

Looking at the discussion topics, while I won’t be there, I would prefer we don’t spend more TSC time on election matters.

Regards,

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel