Date

Re: Documentation Multi-Language Support Proposal

Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...>

Thanks, Rich!

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 2:40 AM Zhenhua Zhao <zhao.zhenhua@...> wrote:
Dear TSC members,

This is Zhenhua Zhao from Technical Working Group China.

Hyperledger projects uses English as primary documentation language. If supporting other languages,  it can benefit a lot of hyperledger users, contributors.

Fabric, Iroha, Sawtooth, Indy uses Sphinx to manage documentation and use readthedocs.io to host documentation. For those projects, it is very easy to support multiple languages.

I have a proposal here for you review.

In my proposal,  an online translating tool http://transifex.com used, it is a paid tool, but it can be easily replaced with other tool, or offline text editor.

May I kindly ask you review it and give me your feedback?

Many thanks!

Documentation Multi-Language Support Proposal

Zhenhua Zhao <zhao.zhenhua@...>

Dear TSC members,

This is Zhenhua Zhao from Technical Working Group China.

Hyperledger projects uses English as primary documentation language. If supporting other languages,  it can benefit a lot of hyperledger users, contributors.

Fabric, Iroha, Sawtooth, Indy uses Sphinx to manage documentation and use readthedocs.io to host documentation. For those projects, it is very easy to support multiple languages.

I have a proposal here for you review.

In my proposal,  an online translating tool http://transifex.com used, it is a paid tool, but it can be easily replaced with other tool, or offline text editor.

May I kindly ask you review it and give me your feedback?

Many thanks!

Re: [Hyperledger Identity WG] Identity WG call(s) April 3rd/April 4th

Ajay Jadhav <ajay@...>

Hi Vipin,

Is it possible to push the 2nd call by an hour or so? Let’s say “01:00 midnight UTC”? so that it will be around 6:30 am in India.

Ajay Jadhav

AyanWorks Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

C: +91-7028909992

S: ajayjadhav | T: @ajayjadhav

L: in.linkedin.com/in/jadhavajay | W: www.ayanworks.com

Disclaimer: The content of this message is confidential. If you have received it by mistake, please inform us by an email reply and then delete the message. It is forbidden to copy, forward, or in any way reveal the contents of this message to anyone. The integrity and security of this email cannot be guaranteed over the Internet. Therefore, the sender will not be held liable for any damage caused by the message.

From: <identity-wg@...> on behalf of Vipin Bharathan <vipinsun@...>
Date: Tuesday, 2 April 2019 at 10:48 PM
To: <Identity-WG@...>, Hyperledger List <tsc@...>
Subject: [Hyperledger Identity WG] Identity WG call(s) April 3rd/April 4th

That would be 4 pm UTC and 00:00 midnight UTC (April 4th for UTC and points East)

Hello all,

Multiple calls at different times with the same Agenda. This is an attempt to escape the time zone limitations of our calls.

4 pm UTC is good for The whole of North and South America as well as Europe and possibly parts of the near East.

00:00 midnight UTC the whole of East Asia, Australia etc. (this would be the next day the 4th of April for all points UTC and East)

We are still fiddling with these dates and times.

Two calls tomorrow:

4 pm UTC and 00:00 midnight UTC (April 4th)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community

All are welcome.-

Meeting minutes:

We are taking the minutes on the wiki now. Please edit collaboratively or send updates by email. This is the location

You need a LF ID to login to edit.

To read passively you do not need a LFID

Select items from the Agenda (go to the link for details):

-DiD layers

-Presentation from Rick Cranston from CU Ledger

All are welcome. You do not have to be a member of Hyperledger to be on the call!

zoom details

iPhone one-tap :

US: +16465588656,,4034983298# or +16699006833,,4034983298#

Or Telephone:

Meeting ID: 403 498 3298

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bAaJoyznpThis is an open call.

Please reach out if you have questions, attend the call, participate to collaborate!

CI/CD commitee announcement and asking for volunteers

Dave Huseby <dhuseby@...>

Hi TSC,

In light of the conversation at the TSC meeting about CI/CD last week, I spent the weekend looking closer at the Fabric CI/CD setup as well as considering Silas' comments carefully. I am of the mind that a Kubernetes cluster as Silas' recommended might be the way we all get what we want but it isn't my place to make this decision.

I have decided to start a CI/CD committee and I'm looking for volunteers. I want to be clear that this is *not* a working group. The difference is that a committee has a specific task and a deadline to deliver. They can have private meetings to accomplish the task if needed.

In this case the task is to gather all of the requirements and details on existing CI/CD solutions in the HL community and then to create a report with recommendations to the TSC. The deadline for the report is June 19th ahead of the June 20th TSC meeting. The TSC is not required to implement the recommendations. This is a consensus and knowledge building exercise.

I am looking for volunteers for the committee. I have set up weekly 30 minute meetings that will happen every Friday at 9am Pacific Time.  It is already in the HL community calendar.  The meetings are only open to the members of the committee and are bound by Chatham House rules.

If you would like to participate in the CI/CD committee, send me an email and I will grant you access to the private CI/CD committee space on the HL wiki.

Cheers!
Dave
---
David Huseby
Security Maven, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
+1-206-234-2392
dhuseby@...

Identity WG call(s) April 3rd/April 4th

Vipin Bharathan

[...]

Hyperledger Fabric Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 04/04/2019 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

Reminder:
Hyperledger Fabric Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When:
Thursday, 4 April 2019

Organizer:
community-architects@...

The Hyperledger Fabric update to the TSC was due April 1, 2019, and it will be presented to the TSC on April 4, 2019. Please review the update at TSC Project Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.

View Event

Hyperledger Ursa Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 04/04/2019 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

Reminder:
Hyperledger Ursa Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When:
Thursday, 4 April 2019

Organizer:
community-architects@...

The Hyperledger Ursa update to the TSC was due March 25, 2019, and it will be presented to the TSC on 4 April, 2019. Please review the update at TSC Project Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.

View Event

Re: [Hyperledger Indy] Moving Indy from incubation to active status.

Rich Zhao <zhao.zhenhua@...>

This is great news!

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 1:54 PM Nathan George <nathan.george@...> wrote:
I am pleased to announce that last week Hyperledger Indy finished the last outstanding CII badge requirement, and with that last hurdle cleared, we believe the project is ready to move from incubating to active status and would like to put it before the Hyperledger TSC for a vote.  As you might remember, Indy was the admitted just prior to Fabric's 1.0 release with the unusual circumstance of having already released its 1.0 in 2016.  Indy-SDK stable release is now at 1.8, and the ledger code is currently at 1.6, with new updates coming soon and a 2.0 release of the SDK planned for later this summer.

More information about status readiness can be found on our incubation graduation notes page (now located on the wiki) here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/indy/Request+to+exit+Incubation+status+for+Hyperledger+Indy

When the Sovrin Foundation moved its identity code-base to Hyperledger just over two years ago the project was primarily sponsored by Evernym, where I was employed.  Since then I was hired away from Evernym to work for the Sovrin Foundation, where we facilitate vendor-neutral open standards to make self-sovereign identity available around the world.  And while Evernym continues to be the largest contributor to the open source system, we have been joined by developers from many additional organizations.  The Hyperledger Indy project now boasts over 150 contributors all time with over 40 active contributors having merged code over the last three months.  Including the related sovrin-foundation, BCGov and streetcred-id repositories, our OpenSSI code bases have passed 200 unique github (code and specification) contributors, with many more volunteers working on policy, governance and other adoption initiatives.  We are very grateful to the community for their contributions and the progress it continues to enable.

-Nathan George
Hyperledger Indy Maintainer

Re: Iroha DCO update

Nikolay Yushkevich <nikolai@...>

Happy to hear that!

I am currently away for a short vacation — someone from the team might jump in and help now. Let me check this after Monday next week.

Nikolai

On 28 Mar 2019, at 09:35, Dave Huseby <dhuseby@...> wrote:

Hi TSC,

I just completed an updated DCO audit of Iroha. The list of people we should try to contact is now down to 10. I got there by taking all of the Iroha repos and finding all of the commits that do *not* have the "Signed-off-by" metadata that occurred before June 5, 2017.  The reason for the date cutoff is that between June 5, 2017 and April 12, 2018, we were using the CLA Assistant and any commits between those dates that does not have the "Signed-off-by" metadata is OK. Only commits prior to June 5, 2017 that do not have the "Signed-off-by" are a problem.

I have sent the list to Nikolai to see if they can contact those authors and get emails from them stating that they accept the DCO and declare that it applies to their commits.

Cheers!
---
David Huseby
Security Maven, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
+1-206-234-2392
dhuseby@...

Iroha DCO update

[...]

Re: CI/CD and testnets proposal for discussion tomorrow

Dave Huseby <dhuseby@...>

To Shawn,

This idea is based off of what Sovrin has set up for Ursa. Mike Lodder had done the bulk of the legwork here and deserves most of the credit...unless you guys hate the proposal, then blame me, it was my idea to propose to take this HL-wide. Ursa is hosted on HL github, uses HL Jira/Confluence, and now uses a temporary Gitlab (CE version) running on Sovrin infrastructure. This is after Sovrin spent months trying to take the existing HL CI/CD stuff and failing to modify it for Indy and Ursa.

To Casey,

In the proposal I say that the best part of Gitlab is that runners can be contributions from the community. HL will run a couple of shared runners to make sure that projects without community provided runners will have a minimum level of CI/CD capabilities.  We will run the CE version because all we need is AD/LDAP integration so we can use LFID's as well as the CI/CD pipeline. In summary, the gitlab would be running on HL infrastructure, the runners on community contributed hardware.

I just set up a spare machine as a runner for the Ursa builds and plugged it into the Sovrin Gitlab in just a few minutes.

Dave
---
David Huseby
Security Maven, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
+1-206-234-2392
dhuseby@...

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 3:42 PM Casey Kuhlman <casey@...> wrote:
Dave,

Can you elaborate on the proposed direction of travel regarding testnets? Is the idea that HL will run a CE instance of Gitlab in some infrastructure or that gitlab.com will be the instance? If the latter where are the runners going to live infrastructure wise? If in gitlab.com's infrastructure that would be fine for CI from our (Burrow's) perspective, but won't be ideal for testnets due to CI timeouts.

For burrow we have extensive helm charts, gitlab CI configs, and testnet / stressnet mechanisms built already which we operate from Monax's self hosted Gitlab in our Kubernetes cluster. So in general this direction of travel gets a ++ from me. If we (burrow maintainers) have access to running testnets / stressnets in a Kubernetes cluster that's not Monax's via Gitlab CI we would be very happy campers indeed.

Thanks in advance,
~Casey

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019, 22:12 Shawn Amundson <amundson@...> wrote:
Sounds cool. Perhaps we could do an evaluation period were projects can evaluate using the gitlab setup to determine if it is sufficient to replace existing tooling, with the intent to report back on the experience to the TSC. Is Ursa already using this setup? How much effort would it take from HL staff to do such a evaluation period?

-Shawn

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 4:04 PM Dave Huseby <dhuseby@...> wrote:
Hi TSC,

I put together a summary with details on what I propose we do to rework the HL CI/CD pipeline. The proposal can be found here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/HYP/Software+Delivery

As usual, comment there, discuss here.

Cheers!
---
David Huseby
Security Maven, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
+1-206-234-2392
dhuseby@...

Re: CI/CD and testnets proposal for discussion tomorrow

Casey Kuhlman

[...]

Shawn Amundson

[...]

Hyperledger Ursa Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 03/28/2019 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

Reminder:
Hyperledger Ursa Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When:
Thursday, 28 March 2019

Organizer:
community-architects@...

The Hyperledger Ursa update to the TSC was due March 25, 2019, and it will be presented to the TSC on March 28, 2019. Please review the update at TSC Project Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.

View Event

Recap of the Identity WG Call 2019-03-20

A brief recap of the experiment conducted on the 20th which was to have two calls with roughly the same Agenda at different times to spur participation across the globe. Also, evangelized on other SIGs and working groups to have cross pollination.

The Identity WG calls had a lot of discussion and two compelling presentations on DiDs and related technologies (SSI). Please look at the meeting notes and recordings to get a sense of the depth of the analysis, questions, connections drawn.

We invite Identity experts from all of the DLTs in Hyperledger and elsewhere to give their views and guide us in what Enterprises are expecting today as far as Identity Management systems go and their pain-points and their solutions. Also useful would be insight into actual use cases and their plans to integrate divided Identity systems.

We will continue the two call format going forward; the next call(s) on the 3rd of April.
- There will be a presentation on the India Community Group on April 1(sic) on the ID WG;
- Updated paper is being driven towards a draft version.

Suggested Agenda for the next call :

1. Demo of universal resolver by DiF
2. Convergence of solutions (DiF, Solid and others), how they affect us
3. Layer 2 Identity protocols (for privacy of data and meta-data)- common effects
4. Roadmap towards an Agent 2 Agent protocol
5. Digital Wallets and their importance for Identity Management

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Internship survey is out

Dave Huseby <dhuseby@...>

Hi TSC,

I just sent out the final survey to the Internship selection committee. They have today to fill it out. I will report the final selections tomorrow to this list.

Dave
---
David Huseby
Security Maven, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
+1-206-234-2392
dhuseby@...

Re: Agenda Reminder

Brian Behlendorf

On 3/21/19 7:05 AM, Mic Bowman wrote:
also without sounding too snarky... i would suggest that the access controls on that page are broken. for something as important as the agenda, it seems rather important to have a single owner who can coordinate updates.
I understand the concern; but since all writes require a login (as opposed to anonymous), the version history is kept, and authors being notified on edits (and others like me who subscribe to the whole wiki change stream) the general principle of allowing edits still seems to outweigh the risks.  Though, I think it's worth locking some pages from time to time, like agendas for meetings past, meeting notes, or accepted new project proposals, so that no further edits are allowed.

and... fwiw... offline i asked silona for permission to edit, we discussed the right way to edit, and i added the link to Dave's document into his work item in the backlog.
Ah!  Had missed that, though it seemed germane to the topic on the agenda.

Re: Agenda Reminder

Mic Bowman

also without sounding too snarky... i would suggest that the access controls on that page are broken. for something as important as the agenda, it seems rather important to have a single owner who can coordinate updates.

and... fwiw... offline i asked silona for permission to edit, we discussed the right way to edit, and i added the link to Dave's document into his work item in the backlog.

--mic

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 11:33 PM Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...> wrote:
Without trying to sound too snarky, there is an edit button in the upper right when you're logged in.  To atone for any inadvertant snark, I've added those links myself, aside from Arnaud's.

Brian

On 3/20/19 10:34 AM, Mic Bowman wrote:
Hi Silona!

Just trying to extract all the material from the mailing lists... Could you add into the agenda page the link to Dave's 1.0 criteria document (this one: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/HYP/Project+Readiness)? Also, Chris published the Fabric 1.0 criteria... that would be useful background material to capture (https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Release+Exit+Criteria). And.. Arnaud, have you had a chance to document your thoughts?

--mic

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 9:18 AM Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...> wrote:

Remember you can suggest items for the TSC Agenda here.

Big item this time is going to be Iroha.

Thank you!
Silona

--
Silona Bonewald
VP of Community Architecture, Hyperledger