Date

Zoom call - Jan 08 2020, minutes of the meeting

Thanks for the great call. The attendance was very healthy with more than 16 people participating in the call. Let us hope that this a harbinger for the decade. (Not open to debate whether decade starts on Jan 1 2021)

Minutes have been posted including recordings (audio & Video)...

Upcoming talks
- Very excited to announce a talk by Kim Cameron (the laws of identity) on Feb 5th 12 noon EST on the IDWG call. This promises to be an exciting session.

Still working on presentations on the next call Jan 22.
Excerpt from the minutes:

Recordings

Audio

Video

Minutes:

Q&A- comments on presentation:

  1. Is blockchain suitable? Immutability, what is PII? Is hash PII? Is salted hash PII?
  2. GDPR needs items like data controller, data processor- do they map
  3. Indian law Personal data protection passed on December 18- Ravikant will present in later calls
  4. Dont they both(CCPA & GDPR) apply to all data collected.
  5. Exclusions-in CCPA HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, Vehicles etc. etc. Evidentiary data.

Comments/Questions welcome.

No TSC Call on January 9, 2020

Arnaud Le Hors

Based on the feedback I received from several TSC members in response to my email earlier this week, the call is cancelled.

Please, let's try to make progress on the various open issues we have so that we can have a productive call next week.

Cancelled Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) - Thursday, 9 January 2020 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 9 January 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,6223336701# or +16465588656,,6223336701#
Or Telephone:
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 622-333-6701
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=BYDz1WGXJTTJ_s4_zumD9hqKjJv-Whgs

Re: TSC Call this week or not?

Gari Singh

works for me

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 6:29 PM mark wagner <mwagner@...> wrote:
I have nothing to discuss  and I have no objections to cancelling da call.

mark

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 16:09 Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi all and Happy New Year,

As we closed 2019, I had planned to resume the TSC weekly calls this January 9th. However, I'm not sure there is enough agenda material to justify a call quite yet.
No new quarterly reports have been submitted yet (as expected), and all pending issues are awaiting actions from different parties (repo structure, promoted release, etc). So, I'd like to know if anyone expects to have something ready for the TSC to discuss this week or wants to use the time to bring something up.

Otherwise, I'll cancel this week so people have time until next week to make progress on their action items.

Re: TSC Call this week or not?

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>

+1

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of "hmontgomery@..." <hmontgomery@...>
Date: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 2:02 AM
To: mark wagner <mwagner@...>, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Cc: hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Call this week or not?

I’ll be on a plane and don’t have anything new to discuss either.  Let’s cancel the call.

Thanks Arnaud for taking the initiative on this, rather than having a dead call.

I have nothing to discuss  and I have no objections to cancelling da call.

mark

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 16:09 Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:

Hi all and Happy New Year,

As we closed 2019, I had planned to resume the TSC weekly calls this January 9th. However, I'm not sure there is enough agenda material to justify a call quite yet.
No new quarterly reports have been submitted yet (as expected), and all pending issues are awaiting actions from different parties (repo structure, promoted release, etc). So, I'd like to know if anyone expects to have something ready for the TSC to discuss this week or wants to use the time to bring something up.

Otherwise, I'll cancel this week so people have time until next week to make progress on their action items.

Re: TSC Call this week or not?

Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...>

+1

Chris

mark wagner <mwagner@...>

I have nothing to discuss  and I have no objections to cancelling da call.

mark

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 16:09 Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi all and Happy New Year,

As we closed 2019, I had planned to resume the TSC weekly calls this January 9th. However, I'm not sure there is enough agenda material to justify a call quite yet.
No new quarterly reports have been submitted yet (as expected), and all pending issues are awaiting actions from different parties (repo structure, promoted release, etc). So, I'd like to know if anyone expects to have something ready for the TSC to discuss this week or wants to use the time to bring something up.

Otherwise, I'll cancel this week so people have time until next week to make progress on their action items.

Identity WG call this Wednesday the 8th of Jan, 2020

Welcome back to the regular calls of the IDWG for 2020.
Hope you have all had a well deserved break and and a relaxing New Year in spite of the various developments in the wider world.

When:
8th of Jan 2020- 12 noon EDT (17:00 UDT)
Where:
Call is on hyperledger zoom.

Main events:
The full Agenda is available here:

Roadmap for 2020
CCPA: Implications for the blockchain and hyperledger

Please join us, your ideas for 2020 for the Identity WG are always welcome. As January is dedicated to Janus, the god of retrospectives and prospectives, we will start with a look back at 2019, with our eyes fully on 2020 as well.

This is an open call, where all are welcome!
We finished with a bang on December 11th with a talk by Darrell O'Connell on Digital Wallets. We hope to open with interesting talks laid out for the next few months, always topical- focused on hard problems: Digital Identity & the Blockchain.
Let us have some fun!

TSC Call this week or not?

Arnaud Le Hors

Hi all and Happy New Year,

As we closed 2019, I had planned to resume the TSC weekly calls this January 9th. However, I'm not sure there is enough agenda material to justify a call quite yet.
No new quarterly reports have been submitted yet (as expected), and all pending issues are awaiting actions from different parties (repo structure, promoted release, etc). So, I'd like to know if anyone expects to have something ready for the TSC to discuss this week or wants to use the time to bring something up.

Otherwise, I'll cancel this week so people have time until next week to make progress on their action items.

A short page on Interoperability

I have been in several meetings about Interoperability in Hyperledger. As there seems to be limited cross project visibility on this important topic, I created a wiki page listing the projects that I am aware of with links. I did this as a child-page of the AWG.
Please add to this - comment on making this more useful.
This is in the spirit of the holiday season and in celebration of the new year!
Vipin

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
vip@...

Cancelled Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) - Thursday, 2 January 2020 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 2 January 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,6223336701# or +16465588656,,6223336701#
Or Telephone:
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 622-333-6701
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=BYDz1WGXJTTJ_s4_zumD9hqKjJv-Whgs

Cancelled Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) - Thursday, 26 December 2019 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 26 December 2019
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,6223336701# or +16465588656,,6223336701#
Or Telephone:
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 622-333-6701
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=BYDz1WGXJTTJ_s4_zumD9hqKjJv-Whgs

TSC Agenda for Dec 19, 2019

The agenda for this week's call is online. There are several quarterly reports that have been posted, please, make sure to review them before hand if possible.

Based on last week's discussion I will call for a vote on two issues highlighted as such in the agenda. I then want to spend some time discussing further the idea of "Promoted Release".

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2019+12+19+TSC+Agenda

Upcoming Event: DCIWG Quarterly Report reminder - Thu, 12/12/2019 9:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

Reminder: DCIWG Quarterly Report reminder

When: Thursday, 12 December 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

When: At the end of the month

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@hyperledger.org

Description: The Hyperledger DCIWG update to the TSC is due at the end of the month.  Please schedule a time to add a review on an upcoming TSC call and please review the update at TSC Project Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.

Re: TSC Agenda for Dec 12, 2019

mark wagner <mwagner@...>

I need to travel to a doctors appointment this morning so I fear I will not be on the TSC Call today.

-mark

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 3:57 PM Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi,

The agenda for this week's call is online. There are several quarterly reports that are due and haven't been posted yet though.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2019+12+12+TSC+Agenda

Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc

Re: Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Quilt Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 12/12/2019 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

David Fuelling

Hello TSC,

I have been traveling and will not have the Quilt status report ready this morning - hopefully it will be all right to present to the TSC next week.

Thanks for your understanding,

David Fuelling

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 12:00 AM tsc@... Calendar <tsc@...> wrote:

Reminder: Hyperledger Quilt Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When: Thursday, 12 December 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Learning Materials Development WG Quarterly Update Due #tsc-wg-update - Thu, 12/19/2019 #tsc-wg-update #cal-reminder

Reminder: Hyperledger Learning Materials Development WG Quarterly Update Due #tsc-wg-update

When: Thursday, 19 December 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Caliper Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update - Thu, 12/19/2019 #tsc-project-update #cal-reminder

Reminder: Hyperledger Caliper Quarterly Update Due #tsc-project-update

When: Thursday, 19 December 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

TSC Agenda for Dec 12, 2019