Date

REMINDER: Hyperledger Developer Relations-Marketing Committee Meeting - Jan 15

Jessica Rampen

Hi Hyperledger Contributors,

We hope that you'll join the next Hyperledger Developer Relations-Marketing Committee Meeting, happening Jan 15 at 9am PT.

The purpose of the call is to discuss marketing related initiatives around the Hyperledger projects and community. This is a great opportunity for you to learn how to get involved in many aspects of marketing including overall messaging, events, content, social media, and PR, to further help the public hear about and understand Hyperledger and its community.

Who should join: Maintainers, active contributors to Hyperledger projects

Dial in information: The second Wednesday of every month.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/982600073

One tap mobile +16465588656,,982600073# US (New York) +16699006833,,982600073# US (San Jose) Dial by your location +1 646 558 8656 US (New York) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) 877 369 0926 US Toll-free 855 880 1246 US Toll-free +1 647 558 0588 Canada 855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free Meeting ID: 982 600 073 Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abaoIu7JMk

Hosted by: Jessica Rampen (Sr. Manager of Marketing Communications), Alissa Worley (Hyperledger MC chair), Duncan Johnston-Watt (Hyperledger MC vice chair)

Regards,

Jessica Rampen
Sr. Manager of Marketing Communications
Hyperledger
650-787-3548

Upcoming TSC update for Fabric

Ry Jones

In a little over a week, the Fabric project has the first update for 2020 due.

I will be setting up the automatic reminders, but I'm not there yet.
Ry

[i18n] Status report on translation of Fabric docs

Yang Cheng

Dear Hyperledger community,

We are a small group of volunteers that have been translating Fabric docs to Chinese since 2018. We’d like to share our current status and rationale behinds some decisions for your reference.

Tool selection

We initially started off using github, since it’s familiar to most of developers, and other projects like k8s have been doing the same. The workflow roughly looks like this:

Admins:
1.create branches in `hyperledger-labs/fabric-docs-cn` following Fabric release tags, for example `1.4.2_zh-CN`
2.populated Github issues with untranslated docs
3.assign issues to translators upon request
4.review pull request
5.readthedocs is updated automatically upon successful merge
6.periodically pull in updates from Fabric docs in the form of new issues

Translators:
1.browse Github issues looking for unassigned issues
2.assign issue by commenting on it
3.translate and submit pull request

This workflow had served us well for a small group of contributors. Later on, translation tools, in particular Zanata and Transifex, were proposed by community members, and we decided to give them a try. However, several major drawbacks of Transifex were observed after months of trial:

1.slow access in this region, resulting in bad user experience
2.intermediate files (.po) loses annotations during conversion, resulting in bad formats
3.no commit sign-off when eventually pushed to github

Therefore, we went back to Github. However, this does not mean we rule out the option of using professional tool, which obviously has its own advantages. Our current focus is to get things done and keep handful of contributors happy. When the time comes that Github becomes bottleneck (either due to increase of volunteers, or number of languages being translated to), we are definitely open for reassessment of tooling.

Location of translated docs

It was proposed to separate docs from Fabric code repo, which can co-exist with translations, similar to k8s [1]. Although the proposal was turned down for solid reasons, and we are happily informed that readthedocs actually supports multiple Github repo setup [2]. This is so far the least invasive option to incorporate non-English docs into main site.

We do not think putting translated docs into Fabric core repo is a good idea, even with fine-grained maintainer-ship in place. The PR page would be overwhelmed by foreign characters and we are no longer able to track tasks with Github issues. Besides, it doesn’t really buy us anything beyond one less repo.

To avoid creating new repo for each language that people are interested in translation, we could also setup a repo `Fabric-i18n` containing them as separate directories, e.g. `zh`, `es`, `de`, etc.

This is how things get done today and we definitely welcome any suggestion and feedback. As the number of volunteers and languages grow, we believe a standardized process will emerge.

Thank you,
Cheng Yang

[2] here’s a demonstration website to show how to incorporate multiple github repo into one readthedocs site https://stone-fabric.readthedocs.io/zh/release-1.4_zh-cn/

--
程阳
Yang Cheng

[i18n][Help-wanted] Incorporate Fabric docs in zh-CN into ReadTheDocs

Yang Cheng

Dear Hyperledger Administrators,

As reported previously, a group of volunteers from Technical Working Group China have translated Fabric 1.4 docs into Chinese, and we would like some help to incorporate them into readthedocs. This could be done by creating a child project in readthedocs under Fabric, and point it to [1], where translated docs reside.

We've made a demo site to showcase final result at [2]. And we are happy to facilitate the process along the way.

I will send out a separate mail explaining our current process for translation, in case some of you are interested.

Cheers,
Yang Cheng

--
程阳
Yang Cheng

Capital Markets SIG : First call of the decade Jan 15, 2020 10 am EST, 1500 UTC

Announcing

We will have the first call of the CM SIG in the new decade on Jan 15 at 10 am EST (15:00 UTC). Wishing everyone the best. Some items have been entered into the  Agenda

Everyone is welcome:

From the Agenda:
  • Roadmap for 2020 and beyond
  • Tokens -  Implementing using TTF and Besu. a proposal
  • Future Projects
    • Central Bank Digital Currency - implications
    • Custody workshop
    • Quantum computing for settlements
    • Regulation: A global regulatory handbook (in association with  WSBA)
    • Ontology & Capital Markets - what is ontology? How does Semantic standards and languages promote interoperability?- FIBO, Linked Data
    • Climate SIG and its offshoots in ECB  Full paper: in ECB (https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/scpwps/ecb.wp2318~44719344e8.en.pdf)
    • LEI and its place in Capital Markets
    • FiNOS: OSS meeting (Open Source Strategy meeting)- recap and next steps impact on Capital markets
Questions and Comments are welcome....

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
vip@...

Old and New Hyperledger Community Calendar

Dave Huseby <dhuseby@...>

Hi Everyone,

I made one last pass through the old community calendar this morning an emailed the organizers of any meetings that are still on the old Hyperledger Community Calendar that didn't have obvious replacement meetings scheduled on the new Hyperledger Community Calendar.

If you received an email from me about your meetings, please take a moment to schedule it's replacement in the calendars I linked to in the email.

The old Hyperledger Community Calendar WILL BE DELETED AT THE END OF THIS WEEK. You have been warned. The new community calendar feed will be shared again with everybody. It is the aggregation of all of the group calendars on https://lists.hyperledger.org.

The migration is almost done. We're down to 10 meetings left on the old calendar. This is the last chance to fix it before it gets deleted.

Cheers!
---
David Huseby
Security Maven, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
+1-206-234-2392
dhuseby@...

Zoom call - Jan 08 2020, minutes of the meeting

Thanks for the great call. The attendance was very healthy with more than 16 people participating in the call. Let us hope that this a harbinger for the decade. (Not open to debate whether decade starts on Jan 1 2021)

Minutes have been posted including recordings (audio & Video)...

Upcoming talks
- Very excited to announce a talk by Kim Cameron (the laws of identity) on Feb 5th 12 noon EST on the IDWG call. This promises to be an exciting session.

Still working on presentations on the next call Jan 22.
Excerpt from the minutes:

Recordings

Audio

Video

Minutes:

Q&A- comments on presentation:

  1. Is blockchain suitable? Immutability, what is PII? Is hash PII? Is salted hash PII?
  2. GDPR needs items like data controller, data processor- do they map
  3. Indian law Personal data protection passed on December 18- Ravikant will present in later calls
  4. Dont they both(CCPA & GDPR) apply to all data collected.
  5. Exclusions-in CCPA HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, Vehicles etc. etc. Evidentiary data.

Comments/Questions welcome.

No TSC Call on January 9, 2020

Arnaud Le Hors

Based on the feedback I received from several TSC members in response to my email earlier this week, the call is cancelled.

Please, let's try to make progress on the various open issues we have so that we can have a productive call next week.

Cancelled Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) - Thursday, 9 January 2020 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 9 January 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,6223336701# or +16465588656,,6223336701#
Or Telephone:
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 622-333-6701
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=BYDz1WGXJTTJ_s4_zumD9hqKjJv-Whgs

Re: TSC Call this week or not?

Gari Singh

works for me

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 6:29 PM mark wagner <mwagner@...> wrote:
I have nothing to discuss  and I have no objections to cancelling da call.

mark

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 16:09 Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi all and Happy New Year,

As we closed 2019, I had planned to resume the TSC weekly calls this January 9th. However, I'm not sure there is enough agenda material to justify a call quite yet.
No new quarterly reports have been submitted yet (as expected), and all pending issues are awaiting actions from different parties (repo structure, promoted release, etc). So, I'd like to know if anyone expects to have something ready for the TSC to discuss this week or wants to use the time to bring something up.

Otherwise, I'll cancel this week so people have time until next week to make progress on their action items.

Re: TSC Call this week or not?

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>

+1

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of "hmontgomery@..." <hmontgomery@...>
Date: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 2:02 AM
To: mark wagner <mwagner@...>, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Cc: hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Call this week or not?

I’ll be on a plane and don’t have anything new to discuss either.  Let’s cancel the call.

Thanks Arnaud for taking the initiative on this, rather than having a dead call.

I have nothing to discuss  and I have no objections to cancelling da call.

mark

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 16:09 Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:

Hi all and Happy New Year,

As we closed 2019, I had planned to resume the TSC weekly calls this January 9th. However, I'm not sure there is enough agenda material to justify a call quite yet.
No new quarterly reports have been submitted yet (as expected), and all pending issues are awaiting actions from different parties (repo structure, promoted release, etc). So, I'd like to know if anyone expects to have something ready for the TSC to discuss this week or wants to use the time to bring something up.

Otherwise, I'll cancel this week so people have time until next week to make progress on their action items.

Re: TSC Call this week or not?

Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...>

+1

Chris

mark wagner <mwagner@...>

I have nothing to discuss  and I have no objections to cancelling da call.

mark

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 16:09 Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi all and Happy New Year,

As we closed 2019, I had planned to resume the TSC weekly calls this January 9th. However, I'm not sure there is enough agenda material to justify a call quite yet.
No new quarterly reports have been submitted yet (as expected), and all pending issues are awaiting actions from different parties (repo structure, promoted release, etc). So, I'd like to know if anyone expects to have something ready for the TSC to discuss this week or wants to use the time to bring something up.

Otherwise, I'll cancel this week so people have time until next week to make progress on their action items.

Identity WG call this Wednesday the 8th of Jan, 2020

Welcome back to the regular calls of the IDWG for 2020.
Hope you have all had a well deserved break and and a relaxing New Year in spite of the various developments in the wider world.

When:
8th of Jan 2020- 12 noon EDT (17:00 UDT)
Where:
Call is on hyperledger zoom.

Main events:
The full Agenda is available here:

Roadmap for 2020
CCPA: Implications for the blockchain and hyperledger

Please join us, your ideas for 2020 for the Identity WG are always welcome. As January is dedicated to Janus, the god of retrospectives and prospectives, we will start with a look back at 2019, with our eyes fully on 2020 as well.

This is an open call, where all are welcome!
We finished with a bang on December 11th with a talk by Darrell O'Connell on Digital Wallets. We hope to open with interesting talks laid out for the next few months, always topical- focused on hard problems: Digital Identity & the Blockchain.
Let us have some fun!

TSC Call this week or not?

Arnaud Le Hors

Hi all and Happy New Year,

As we closed 2019, I had planned to resume the TSC weekly calls this January 9th. However, I'm not sure there is enough agenda material to justify a call quite yet.
No new quarterly reports have been submitted yet (as expected), and all pending issues are awaiting actions from different parties (repo structure, promoted release, etc). So, I'd like to know if anyone expects to have something ready for the TSC to discuss this week or wants to use the time to bring something up.

Otherwise, I'll cancel this week so people have time until next week to make progress on their action items.

A short page on Interoperability

I have been in several meetings about Interoperability in Hyperledger. As there seems to be limited cross project visibility on this important topic, I created a wiki page listing the projects that I am aware of with links. I did this as a child-page of the AWG.
Please add to this - comment on making this more useful.
This is in the spirit of the holiday season and in celebration of the new year!
Vipin

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
vip@...

Cancelled Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) - Thursday, 2 January 2020 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 2 January 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,6223336701# or +16465588656,,6223336701#
Or Telephone:
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 622-333-6701
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=BYDz1WGXJTTJ_s4_zumD9hqKjJv-Whgs

Cancelled Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) - Thursday, 26 December 2019 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 26 December 2019
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,6223336701# or +16465588656,,6223336701#
Or Telephone:
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 622-333-6701
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=BYDz1WGXJTTJ_s4_zumD9hqKjJv-Whgs

TSC Agenda for Dec 19, 2019

The agenda for this week's call is online. There are several quarterly reports that have been posted, please, make sure to review them before hand if possible.

Based on last week's discussion I will call for a vote on two issues highlighted as such in the agenda. I then want to spend some time discussing further the idea of "Promoted Release".

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2019+12+19+TSC+Agenda