Date

TSC call this week?

The execution plan for this year's election is being polished on the wiki and I invite everyone to have a look and comment on the page:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/TSC+Election+2020-2021

I'd be happy to hold this week's call if anyone wants to discuss this and/or has anything else they'd like to bring up but otherwise I propose to cancel this week's call. We can finalize the election plan offline or on next week's call.

Regards.

Call this Wednesday at 12 noon

Vipin Bharathan

Hi Everyone,

The Agenda and notes are here:

Meeting on  the zoom channel https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community

After Antitrust Policy and introductions

We have the

Main Event: IoT Security Enabled by MPC by Rebecca Aspler, Director Product Management, UnboundTech.

While the benefits of IoT are unlimited, the reality is that the proliferation of blockchain based connected devices, systems and services that compose the IoT ecosystem has introduced risk directly into the physical world, blurring the border between virtual threats and utilities, devices and critical infrastructure. In this session, we will discuss how MPC can be used to enable every IoT device to have an embedded root of trust, while preserving the zero-knowledge proof of other devices’ data. Furthermore, we will examine a few use cases, some that can be associated with a public blockchain and some that are more common within the boundaries of a permissioned blockchain.

Please attend this presentation from the pioneers of MPC, UnboundTech.

Following this we will have a presentation on the Capital Markets SIG (August 12) on MPC for institutional custody and regulations from UnboundTech. There are practitioners on CMSIG who have  integrated this into the process flow who will add some color to that presentation.

Next Identity WG call August 5th 12 noon EDT (16:00 UTC)

[...]

Capital Markets SIG- notes and recordings

VIPIN BHARATHAN

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to Will Lovell, Head Of Future Technology at the Bank of England for an excellent presentation on the current state and future plans for CBDC, wholesale and retail.

For those who missed it, recordings (audio and video) are available on the notes/agenda page for today. https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/CMSIG/2020-07-29
We will link the slides when they  are available.
To further our discussion as well as to plan for continued engagement with the topic we plan to have more presentations periodically on specific efforts like at the BoE.

Please stay engaged and participate in discussions and dialogue.
Vipin

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
vip@...

Re: [External] [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Agenda for July 30, 2020

Kuhrt, Tracy A.

I have a conflict with tomorrow’s call, and I will be unable to attend. I have added a comment on the election plan regarding the use of Google Forms.

Tracy

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 8:31 AM
To: TSC <tsc@...>
Subject: [External] [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Agenda for July 30, 2020

The agenda for this week's call is available:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-07-30+TSC+Agenda

I invite you to check the election plan the staff started developing and comment as necessary. The more progress we can make offline the better.

The quarterly report for Indy is now due.

www.accenture.com

TSC Agenda for July 30, 2020

The agenda for this week's call is available:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-07-30+TSC+Agenda

I invite you to check the election plan the staff started developing and comment as necessary. The more progress we can make offline the better.

The quarterly report for Indy is now due.

Capital Markets SIG call today at 10 am EDT

VIPIN BHARATHAN

Hi Everyone,

Reminder of a call of the Capital Markets Special Interest Group today, the 29th at 10:00 am EDT (14:00 UTC).

Main event
Bank of England Head of Future Technology, William Lovell presents on CBDC, retail and wholesale, in light of the BoE's efforts, including their latest paper on CBDC. We will have a Q&A after the presentation.

Please participate, engage, ask questions,

Best,

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
vip@...

Capital Markets SIG call this Wednesday at 10 am EDT

VIPIN BHARATHAN

Hi everyone,

Announcing a call of the Capital Markets Special Interest Group Wednesday, the 29th at 10:00 am EDT (14:00 UTC).

Main event
Bank of England Head of Future Technology, William Lovell presents on CBDC, retail and wholesale, in light of the BoE's efforts, including their latest paper on CBDC. We will have a Q&A after the presentation.

Please participate, engage, ask questions,

Best,

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
vip@...

Cancelled Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) - Thursday, 23 July 2020 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 23 July 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) community-architects@...

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,6223336701# or +16465588656,,6223336701#
Or Telephone:
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 622-333-6701
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=BYDz1WGXJTTJ_s4_zumD9hqKjJv-Whgs

Re: Agenda items and question about future calls

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>

That’s fine by me. I will notify the DCI members who wouldn’t regularly have attended the TSC meeting.

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 2:11 PM
To: Dan Middleton <dan.middleton@...>
Cc: Sara Garifullina <garifullina@...>, Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Subject: RE: [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls

Hi Dan,
I am actually going to postpone the call to next week. I don't see the need to rush and I've received regrets from a few people so I think we have a better chance to have more people next week and have them be better prepared at the same.
Sorry if this creates some inconvenience.

From:        "Middleton, Dan" <dan.middleton@...>
To:        Sara Garifullina <garifullina@...>
Cc:        Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Date:        07/22/2020 11:29 AM
Sent by:        tsc@...

Hi Sara,

Please post it to the agenda. Hopefully TSC members will still have time to review it before the call.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-07-23+TSC+Agenda

I also wanted to confirm that DCI-WG is ready to present as planned tomorrow.

Regards,

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Sara Garifullina <garifullina@...>
Date:
Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 7:04 AM
To:
Dan Middleton <dan.middleton@...>
Cc:
Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls

Hi!

We have our Iroha Q3 report for you too :)

Just let us know when it will be ok to review it!

Sara Garifullina,

Community manager at Soramitsu

Contact me: garifullina@...

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 12:18 AM Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...> wrote:

The DCI-WG intends to give a report out Thursday. We meet tomorrow (wed) to finalize some opens so there’s a chance we’ll need to punt to the following week – but plan A is that we report this Thursday 7/23. (Should we need to punt, we’ll communicate that right after the DCI meeting ends at 10am PDT Wed.)

Setting that item aside, I do like the intent of reviving the hackfest experience and getting more in-depth with the projects.

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date:
Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM
To:
Hyperledger TSC <
tsc@...>
Subject:
[Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls

Hi,
Does anyone have any agenda items for this week's call?

Otherwise I'm wondering whether projects would be interested in giving presentations to the TSC beyond the quarterly reports. One thing I personally liked and miss from the "hackfests" we used to have is the opportunity to get a bit more in-depth insight as to what the different projects were doing. Given that we have for the most part dealt with all the process stuff that used to keep the TSC busy maybe we could use some of our calls to fill-in the gap created with the disappearance of the hackfests? Would people be interested in this? This obviously needs to be of interest to both the TSC members and people involved in the projects who would be giving presentations.

Regards.

Re: Agenda items and question about future calls

Arnaud Le Hors

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Sara Garifullina <garifullina@...>
Date:
Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 7:04 AM
To:
Dan Middleton <dan.middleton@...>
Cc:

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date:
Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM
To:
Hyperledger TSC <
tsc@...>
Subject:

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM
To: Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>

Sara Garifullina <garifullina@...>

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM
To: Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>

[...]

Identity WG call tomorrow at 12 noon EDT

I am glad to say that the call will happen as scheduled.
Amol Deshpande with Kalyan Kulkarni from Ayanworks will present their Identity solution. There will be a demo.

Meeting is on the zoom channel. https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community
Please participate.
We will also continue the discussion triggered by Orie's universal wallet solution.

Friday Fun: Beginner content - why to be a s/w engineer

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>

For any of you who are new to coding but aren’t sure about sticking with being a software developer, you might find this video persuasive:

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

Re: Thanks to DTCC guest speakers

Jayakar <Jayakar_J_Joseph@...>

Dear Christopher Ferris,

Herewith, abstract of a Global Digital Realtime CoV control program for UN, that is based on a Global network of Local-Native Hybrid Multicloud Cloud-Servers with clusters of Healthcare Centers and Apps development platform with Hyperledger backend infrastructure for data transactions; is attached.

Collaborative Partnership of all major IT players and Digital Health Research Institutions around the Globe, is the urgent requirement in this COVID-19 scenario, to compact CoV spread.

Jayakar

Jayakar_J_Joseph@..., www.johnsonsmedicom.org

From: "Middleton, Dan" <dan.middleton@...>
Sent by: tsc@...
To: "Bell, Keisha M." <KBell@...>, "Palatnick, Robert" <RPalatnick@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger TSC] Thanks to DTCC guest speakers
Date: Thu, Jul 16, 2020 11:08 AM

Keisha & Rob,

On behalf of the Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee, thanks so much for presenting today! I think it was a really informative talk.

What we heard from you and the resources you’ve captured in your slides will be very helpful as we continue to build our efforts.

The TSC also may want some follow-up discussion to digest how we map what seem like corporate best practices into open source. For example, things like promotions may relate to elevating developers from contributors to maintainers and the need for sponsorship and advocacy in that process.

Rob, I do think we should talk more about how we get our contributing companies to recognize the benefits and needs of diverse talent in our joint open source work. A lot of what we’ve done so far is really grass roots efforts, but that’s not where the bulk of our contributor population comes from.

Once again, big thanks to both of you, particularly Keisha, for taking the time to prepare and talk to our group!

Best,

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

Re: [Hyperledger Capital Markets SIG] Minutes of the meeting of Capital Markets Special Interest Group

VIPIN BHARATHAN

Can you add this to the meeting minutes or the project page setup for the DDP response?
As far as BSN goes, it is a very centralized response to the deployment and operationalization of Blockchains in general.
This may not get traction in a place like the USA, but there are some other countries (like the EU with EBSI) where that idea has already been implemented.
In fact, this does not have a direct bearing on CBDC itself, what are you hearing about DCEP and BSN?
What about the regional stablecoin in the East idea floated during the party congress this year?
Thanks,

From: "Middleton, Dan" <dan.middleton@...>
Sent by: tsc@...
To: "Bell, Keisha M." <KBell@...>, "Palatnick, Robert" <RPalatnick@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>