Date

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] IBM whitepaper

benedikt herudek <benedikt.herudek@...>

Hi Chris,

excellent paper !

Below two remarks / questions around Identity Management vs Consensus and one suggestion concerning data privacy on permissioned blockchains.

Interested in anyone's view.

regards

benedikt

1st remark: Chain Language, Turing halting problem & native currency:

Understand, you don't introduce a native OBC currency. It seems you might introduce a native OBC language in the future. But at the moment, you support existing languages like go. https://github.com/openblockchain/obc-docs/blob/master/FAQ/chaincode_FAQ.md

Without a native currency, but with a full turing complete language, how will you address someone introducing mailicious code running through endless loops and eating up ressources ? Ethereum wants to address this with the notion of gas, so transactions running too long and not having the ressources will just get halted and rolled back. That is inherently connected to having participants pay for transactions. Hence, having a native cryptocurrency as part of a blockchain seems to offer a good mechanism to block such attacks.

Is the implicit assumption here that enterprise permissioned blockchains have a lesser risk of such intruders and hence, if we establish identity of blockchain participants and have auditors over the network, we would get on top of such intruders anyways ?

2nd remark: Trusted Ledger: Identity Management & Consensus Mechanism:

The OBC you suggests offers participants to plug in their own consenus mechanism. It seems one could even use the OBC architecture without a consensus mechanism:https://github.com/openblockchain/obc-docs/blob/master/FAQ/consensus_FAQ.md

In that case it might be (see 1st remark) the implicit assumption is we establish identity of participants in blockchains to restrict access and audit members and with ensuring this, we have eventually only trusted members (we dont let others in or remove them) in the network. The need for 'unbreakable' consensus mechanisms like bitcoin proof of work for a permissionless network (everyone can plugin) might become lesser of a concern.

One might think Identity Management introduces a notion of centralization (you also address this point here: https://github.com/openblockchain/obc-docs/blob/master/FAQ/identity_management_FAQ.md) into a blockchain. But for enterprise transactions, having identity management is just indispensable.

My concern would however be to overstress Identity Management compared to consensus as the underlying mechanism to ensure we have trusted data in a shared ledger. Having Consensus optional and Identity Management mandatory might allow 'abuses' of the architecture as a simple 'inter - enterprise - B2B - platform'. Maybe it could be useful to default a minimal consensus mechanism and give (minimal) criteria to replace the default consensus mechanism you suggest. Having a consensus mechanism enforced, it could also be useful having a lightweight or no-identity management option as part of the OBC for 'bitcoin like' usecases, where participants might not want to reveal their identity.

A Suggestion for Data Privacy on (permissioned) Blockchains

Placing certain data on a shared ledger will be a hard sell too many, who dont sleep well over hearing concepts like 'distrubuted shared ledger' and 'health and financial data' in one sentence. It will be difficult to overcome such concerns with a treatise on the strength of cryptography and frankly, there are ongoing discussions how secure crypto is and will be with more (quantum) computing power in the future.

A pragmatic solution could be placing 'really sensitive data' outside the blockchain, link the data and keep only e.g. a (partial) fingerprint  on the blockchain. You mention someting similar in a different context and purpose for files.

https://github.com/openblockchain/obc-docs/blob/master/whitepaper.md (section Architecture / Blockchain) : Large files (documents, etc.) are stored in off-chain storage, not on the Ledger. Their hashes can be stored on-chain as part of the transactions, which is required to maintain the integrity of files

This could be a general and optional feature: One should be able choosing to have 'really sensitive' data in a permissioned database in one's regular enterprise network. The Blockchain transaction (cryptograhically secured) would contain:
  1. A Link / Url / security tokens (indicating whoever knows this, was 'inside' that blockchain transaction) that allow access to several external System, typically within the enterprise network of participants of the transaction. These networks would use whatever authentication and security regulation authorities and enterprises deem necessary and revoke them when this might seem appropriate.
  2. A 'as good as possible proof' of the contents linked data. This is obviously vague, the idea is that the data is not readable (it's at best partially there) on the blockchain, even if cryptograhpy is 'broken'. Then however, if participants in a transaction have a disput over the content of a transaction, such a 'partial fingerprint' of the data on the blockchain can at least help ruling out 'offbeat' claims from transaction partcipants, which in reality have forged their local data copy.
This feature would represent a trade off between the need for privacy (at your own terms) and the traceability of transactions to settle disputes. One would give up some traceability of the contents of a transaction but gain privacy, in the sense that you control the sensitive data yourself with whatever mechanisms your enterprise (and not the blockchain) considers necessary. For some usecases, this might just be what is needed and integrating this as an optional feature in a enterprise blockchain could enable a number of interesting usecases.

---
regards groet gruss benedikt herudek

On 18.02.2016 18:55, Duc Trinh via hyperledger-tsc wrote:

Chris,

This is a very well thought-out paper!  Two very minor suggested mods for clarity:

"As the shared ledger concept gains tracking traction in the business world, blockchain's added feature – smart contract – is also getting a lot of attention from the industry."

"We believe that one of the fundamental requirements for any blockchain fabric is that the identity and patterns of behavior of any party on a network must be impossible can be protected from unauthorized parties to ascertain by inspecting the ledger."

Cheers,

Duc

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 13:17:58 -0600
From: Georg Link <linkgeorg@...>
To: hyperledger-tsc@...
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Proposal Template Rough Draft

Hi Vipin,

thank you for making the initial proposal.
I think you already received some good feedback during the TSC call.

For everyone who was not on the TSC call earlier. Here are examples from
other Collaborative Projects:
https://wiki.allseenalliance.org/develop/proposing_a_project
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Main

Further ideas might come from looking at Apache Incubator:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html

One question that I don't remember being addressed: who can be a technical
champion. Does it have to be a TSC member (similar to the apache incubator)
or can it be anyone?

Another topic brought up: what are "projects" within Hyperledger.
>From my understanding it is any initiative that furthers Hyperledger,
including new features, modules (maybe in different repositories), or
special interest sub-groups (QA-group ?). Basically anything that requires
resources and the community should decide collectively whether to go down a
certain path (commit to the proposed project).
- It might be helpful to include a "definition" to know for what to create
a project proposal.

Best
Georg

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 8:47 AM, vipin bharathan via hyperledger-tsc <
hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

> Some thoughts on the proposal template which I had volunteered to help
> edit.
>
>    1. The seeds of a new project proposal has to be vetted in a public
>    forum like hyperledger-technical before creating a project proposal.
>
>    2. It needs a technical champion who believes in the project and who
>    should be the technical lead on the project. The project champion can
>    change in the middle of the project.
>
>    3. The proposal template for HyperLedger Improvement Proposal (HIP):
>

>    - Author(s) name and contact details including email address, a short
>    name for the project (less than 10 words).
>
>    - Abstract (less than 50 word) description of the project.
>
>    - The description and need for this project, substantiated by:
>
>    - Technical details Effects on
>       - Transactions- including confidentiality, signing, traceability,
>       identity of participants, contracts (scripts)
>       - Effects on User facing Clients that help with transaction
>       formation (similar to Wallets in BTC)
>       - Effects on the network, throughput, visibility to other
>       participants, change in protocol if any, criteria for network participation
>       - Block formation and ledger formation viz. Consensus algorithm,
>       size overhead, effects on the throughput and rate
>       - Cryptographic implications if any.
>       - Backward compatibility (hard fork or updates by all network
>       participants needed?)
>       - Rough design and thought experiment (Gedanken Experiment) on the
>       probable effects, if any
>       - Address any possible objections and also support that came up
>       during seed proposal from technical community on the lists.
>       - Traceablity, testing criteria to gauge effects on installed base.
>       - Any other technical details, including languages used, other
>       technology needed and (preferably) public sources for additional tools and
>       binaries
>       - References and defense of why this is needed, especially if the
>       same ideas have been already addressed in any other project.
>
>       - Rough gauge of effort and resources committed (coders and any
>    other resources that are needed) and timeline if available.
>
>    - Readability which means following certain conventions. The style
>    itself could be controlled by Chicago Manual Of Style say, explanation of
>    abbreviations, references, diagrams. A proposal editor appointed from by
>    the tsc could help with this. As technical people we often do not think
>    about this aspect. This is extremely important as the clear statement of
>    the problem and its technical details are helpful to elicit a solution in
>    the community and prompt volunteers. This can be helped by having a
>    proposal builder software or a template itself.
>

> Any comments?
> Thanks,
> Vipin

[Hyperledger Project TSC] Proposal Template Rough Draft

Vipin Bharathan

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 13:17:58 -0600
From: Georg Link <linkgeorg@...>
To: hyperledger-tsc@...

hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

> Some thoughts on the proposal template which I had volunteered to help
> edit.
>
>    1. The seeds of a new project proposal has to be vetted in a public
>    forum like hyperledger-technical before creating a project proposal.
>
>    2. It needs a technical champion who believes in the project and who
>    should be the technical lead on the project. The project champion can
>    change in the middle of the project.
>
>    3. The proposal template for HyperLedger Improvement Proposal (HIP):
>

>    - Author(s) name and contact details including email address, a short
>    name for the project (less than 10 words).
>
>    - Abstract (less than 50 word) description of the project.
>
>    - The description and need for this project, substantiated by:
>
>    - Technical details Effects on
>       - Transactions- including confidentiality, signing, traceability,
>       identity of participants, contracts (scripts)
>       - Effects on User facing Clients that help with transaction
>       formation (similar to Wallets in BTC)
>       - Effects on the network, throughput, visibility to other
>       participants, change in protocol if any, criteria for network participation
>       - Block formation and ledger formation viz. Consensus algorithm,
>       size overhead, effects on the throughput and rate
>       - Cryptographic implications if any.
>       - Backward compatibility (hard fork or updates by all network
>       participants needed?)
>       - Rough design and thought experiment (Gedanken Experiment) on the
>       probable effects, if any
>       - Address any possible objections and also support that came up
>       during seed proposal from technical community on the lists.
>       - Traceablity, testing criteria to gauge effects on installed base.
>       - Any other technical details, including languages used, other
>       technology needed and (preferably) public sources for additional tools and
>       binaries
>       - References and defense of why this is needed, especially if the
>       same ideas have been already addressed in any other project.
>
>       - Rough gauge of effort and resources committed (coders and any
>    other resources that are needed) and timeline if available.
>
>    - Readability which means following certain conventions. The style
>    itself could be controlled by Chicago Manual Of Style say, explanation of
>    abbreviations, references, diagrams. A proposal editor appointed from by
>    the tsc could help with this. As technical people we often do not think
>    about this aspect. This is extremely important as the clear statement of
>    the problem and its technical details are helpful to elicit a solution in
>    the community and prompt volunteers. This can be helped by having a
>    proposal builder software or a template itself.
>

> Any comments?
> Thanks,
> Vipin

[Hyperledger Project TSC] Minutes 02.18.16

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>

Hyperledger Project

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting

February 18, 2016 (7:00am - 8:30am PT)

via GoToMeeting

TSC Members

Emmanuel Viale

Accenture

Stan Liberman

CME Group

Present

Shaul Kfir

DAH

Present

Stefan Teis

Deutsche Boerse Group

Pardha Vishnumolakala

DTCC

Present

Kei Taniuchi

Fujitsu

Present

Satoshi Oshima

Hitachi

Chris Ferris

IBM

Present

Mic Bowman

Intel

Present

David Voell

J.P. Morgan

Present

Richard G. Brown

R3

Resources:

Agenda:

  • 5-10 mins: Statement from each TSC Chair nominee (3-5 mins per nominee)

  • 10 mins: Code of Conduct discussion (Chris Ferris)

  • 10 mins: Intel contribution overview (Mic Bowman)

  • 5 mins: Draft project proposal template (Stefan Buhrmester and Vipin Bharathan)

  • 30 mins: Discussion on basic use cases to address

  • 20 mins: Initial discussion on how proposed contributions could be converged

TSC Chair Elections

  • Nominations for TSC Chair attached

    • Chris Ferris, IBM

    • Emmanuel Viale, Accenture

  • Election

  • Begin nomination period: Today, Feb 11th, nominations includes a short bio/pitch less than 1 page

  • End nomination period: 9pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, Feb 17th

  • Send slate of respective nominees to TSC Members: Thursday, Feb 18th

  • Send TSC members voting instructions: Thursday, Feb 18th

  • Voting period ends: Tuesday, Feb 23rd at 9pm Pacific Time

  • Election winners announced: Wednesday, Feb 24th

Code of Conduct Discussion

  • Reference point to start:  https://www.cloudfoundry.org/foundation/code-of-conduct

  • Question:  Materials looks great, but how has it been applied?

    • If there was someone that was misbehaving, there is a formal channel to send a complaint and someone in a leadership role can then step in to help coach and provide guidance to maintain a healthy and productive environment.  Cloud Foundry uses a 3 strikes rule.

  • Question:  How do you determine if complaint is warranted?  Also, some language could be overreaching -- i.e. silence is taken as assent (if you are silent, you are somehow agreeing with poor behavior).

    • Recommendation:  Keep this doc more simple.  Recommend the Community to speak up, as opposed to silence = assent.

  • ACTION:  Mic Bowman, Chris Ferris -- create a draft and then send to the TSC mailing list for review and approval.

Intel Contribution Overview

  • Presentation deck is attached.

  • This project is a complete ledger, being used for real applications.

  • Principally architected as a research platform.

  • Absolutely everything is plug and play.

  • Extensibility focus.

  • In process of hardening code.

  • 3 basic layers:  communication, journal, & ledger

  • Intel focuses on open marketplaces and consumer marketplaces (both extrinsic and intrinsic)

  • Built in a complete way with purpose to ensure we get right interfaces for APIs but also to ensure consensus algorithms were robust enough

  • Testing via internal trial (Football Exchange) -- exchange shares of teams

    • Real workloads running in the wild on consumer applications

  • Implemented in Python

  • Unique aspect:  looking for ways in which we can take advantage of the secureguard extensions

  • Intel interested in evaluation platforms based on workloads so that requirements can get discussed

  • Have a variety of suites of tests

  • Finding ways to use crypto-acceleration that Intel uses

  • Q:  Testing -- way to simulate network partitions?

    • Partition tests are done by hand right now.  So, yes, but not automated.

    • Largest test is ~2,000 validators running in a cloud.

  • Q:  Control over latency?  Force some participants to be high and some low?

    • Yes.

  • Q:  How long until code will be ready?

    • Code ready in next 3-4 weeks (best estimate)

[...]

Face-to-Face Meeting

  • Chris Ferris:  Yes, this would be good.  Would like to get to consensus on initial starting point and a near term of proposed activities.  Could then actually get everyone together from a dev perspective to get things started.  Potential to host space in Raleigh for short period of time, to contribute to initial sprint.

  • Suggestion:  Would like to see a sufficiently diverse set of use cases covered to meet the needs of all participants.

Agenda Draft for 2/25 TSC Meeting

  • DAH/IBM to discuss proposal which will be sent in advance of the call.

--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] IBM whitepaper

Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@...>

From: Duc Trinh via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Sent by: hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...
To: <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] IBM whitepaper

Georg Link <linkgeorg@...>

Hi Vipin,

thank you for making the initial proposal.
I think you already received some good feedback during the TSC call.

For everyone who was not on the TSC call earlier. Here are examples from other Collaborative Projects:

Further ideas might come from looking at Apache Incubator: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html

One question that I don't remember being addressed: who can be a technical champion. Does it have to be a TSC member (similar to the apache incubator) or can it be anyone?

Another topic brought up: what are "projects" within Hyperledger.
From my understanding it is any initiative that furthers Hyperledger, including new features, modules (maybe in different repositories), or special interest sub-groups (QA-group ?). Basically anything that requires resources and the community should decide collectively whether to go down a certain path (commit to the proposed project).

Duc.M.Trinh@...

[...]

phone: +1 508 667 0402

[Hyperledger Project TSC] IBM whitepaper

Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@...>

All, as we discussed on the TSC call, here's a link to the IBM blockchain whitepaper that we published with the open blockchain repos earlier this week. We welcome any and all feedback.

IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Open Technology
IBM Cloud, Open Technologies
blog: https://developer.ibm.com/opentech/author/chrisfer/
phone: +1 508 667 0402

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] hyperledger-tsc Digest, Vol 1, Issue 18

Michael Pusateri <mpusateri@...>

Todd,

Can I get access to Slack?

Thanks,

Michael Pusateri
CEO
2200 Ross Ave. | Suite 4700E | Dallas, TX 75201
214-393-9663
mpusateri@...

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 14:19:01 -0800
From: Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
To: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@...>
Cc: hyperledger-tsc@...
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Slack access

I have been whitelisting domains for the Hyperledger Project Slack. You should be able to join at https://hyperledgerproject.slack.com/signup. If your domain is not listed, please shoot me a private message at tbenzies@... so that I can whitelist your domain.

Regards,

Todd

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 4:15 AM, Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@...>
wrote:

Slack is open to everyone, but because Slack has a more enterprise
login approach, we have to add the domains.

Todd will you please add any domains of members not already white-listed?

From: Thane Thomson via hyperledger-tsc <
hyperledger-tsc@...>
Sent by: hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...
To: hyperledger-tsc@...
Subject: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Slack access
Date: Fri, Feb 12, 2016 3:53 AM

Hi everybody!

Thanks so much for the meeting minutes. Is the Slack team only
available for TSC purposes, or are technical discussions welcome too?
If so, how does a technical contributor (such as I?d like to be) gain access?

Thane

*Todd Benzies*
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)
tbenzies@...
Skype: tbenzies
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 17:35:10 -0500
From: Michael Dolan <mdolan@...>
To: tsc@...
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Draft Agenda for 2/18 TSC
Meeting

Hi everyone, just another reminder to get any TSC Chair nominations in by 9pm Pacific Time TODAY. I?ve only seen a nomination from Chris Ferris. If anyone else on the TSC wishes to be nominated, please send your nomination ASAP.

Second, Intel has notified me they?re ready to discuss a contribution they?re planning to make and have been working on. I?ve allocated time for an overview tomorrow. They?re still working to clear the code for making it available, but it would be good to get an understanding of their proposal. I?ve revised the agenda below to accommodate and have attached a PDF of slides Mic would like to walk through.

Please note we have a very tight agenda and I?d ask you dial in a few minutes early so that we can get a quick start. Given the high number of participants last week, we?ve turned off the beeping feature on GoToMeeting when new participants join. Hopefully that will enable a smoother discussion.

Agenda:
5-10 mins: Statement from each TSC Chair nominee (3-5 mins per nominee; list or number of nominees TBD)
10 mins: Code of Conduct discussion (Chris Ferris) (link to referenced CF CoC: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/foundation/code-of-conduct)
10 mins: Intel contribution overview (Mic Bowman)
5 mins: Draft project proposal template (Stefan Buhrmester and Vipin Bharathan, if ready)
30 mins: Discussion on basic use cases to address
20 mins: Initial discussion on how proposed contributions could be converged Thanks,

Mike

---
Mike Dolan
VP of Strategic Programs

On Feb 16, 2016, at 5:32 PM, Michael Dolan <mdolan@...> wrote:

For Thursday?s Hyperledger TSC Call, below are the agenda topics I?ve captured from last meeting and subsequent email threads. Please remember the deadline for submitting TSC Chair nominations is tomorrow (Wed) at 9pm US Pacific Time. I?d like to give any nominees a few minutes to discuss their candidacy at the start of the call, if the nominees want to.

Finally, if anyone would like to volunteer to lead the discussion on use cases or convergence proposals, please let me know. I saw Binh sent an email with a conversion proposal last week, but wasn?t sure if we should plan for any others who can lead portions of the discussion.

Draft Agenda:
5-20 mins: Statement from each TSC Chair nominee (3-5 mins per
nominee; list or number of nominees TBD)
15 mins: Code of Conduct discussion (Chris Ferris) (link to referenced
CF CoC: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/foundation/code-of-conduct
<https://www.cloudfoundry.org/foundation/code-of-conduct>)
30 mins: Discussion on basic use cases to address
30 mins: Discussion on how proposed contributions could be converged
10 mins: Project proposal template (Stefan Buhrmester and Vipin
Bharathan, if time permits) If there are any other agenda topics we should add, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

---
Mike Dolan
VP of Strategic Programs
The Linux Foundation
Office: +1.330.460.3250 Cell: +1.440.552.5322 Skype: michaelkdolan
mdolan@... <mailto:mdolan@...>
---
From: Thane Thomson via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Sent by: hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...
To: hyperledger-tsc@...
Date: Fri, Feb 12, 2016 3:53 AM

Hi everybody!

Thanks so much for the meeting minutes. Is the Slack team only available for TSC purposes, or are technical discussions welcome too? If so, how does a technical contributor (such as I’d like to be) gain access?

Thane

Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)
Skype: tbenzies

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] code-of conduct

Remco Rijnders <remco.rijnders@...>

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 05:44:01PM +0000, Christopher wrote in <201602131744.u1DHi7Vu011938@...>:
One thing that i believe that we should establish early on is a code of conduct for the Hyperledger project.

I helped craft the CoC used by one of our sibling projects at the LF - the Cloud Foundry Foundation [1] - we based that on a number of similar documents from a variety of projects. I'm a bit biased, but I'd like to propose we use it as a starting point to crafting our own.

Mike, can we please add 'code of conduct proposal' to next week's agenda, and reference the link below?

Meanwhile, I'd welcome discussion on any proposed improvements.

[1] https://www.cloudfoundry.org/foundation/code-of-conduct/
How about having no code of conduct? See for example https://github.com/domgetter/NCoC/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

In my opinion, a CoC brings nothing over normal civil behaviour which I feel is an implicit requirement for succesful participation in any project. Trying to codify everything in rules will only lead to people discussing and arguing the rules, look for corner cases and exceptions, etc. Common sense beats a CoC any day [*].

Remco

[*] I realise common sense is not all that common, unfortunately.

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Draft Agenda for 2/18 TSC Meeting

Patrick Salami

Hello,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself: I am co-founder of HitFin (http://www.hitfin.com), a software company that brings traditional financial contracts (such as derivatives) to the blockchain. Our platform is based on Ethereum, but we are very interested in participating in this project to help move blockchain technology forward.

We are in regular contact with customers from the financial services and insurance industries who approach us with specific use cases for blockchain technology. Through those conversations, we are learning a lot about the strengths and weaknesses of the current-generation technology and we have collected ideas regarding how future generations can offer improvements and deliver value to the financial services industry, particularly related to trading and post-trade clearing & settlement. I would be happy to share some of those thoughts during the call on Thursday.

Best,

Patrick Salami
CTO, HitFin
@hitfin
m: (858) 449-2241

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Michael Dolan via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
[...]

Mike,

We discussed taking time for an overview of what Intel plans to commit. I could provide a high level overview this week or we could wait until the code is finally published.

--mic

[...]

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Reminder: Send in TSC Chair nominations

Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@...>

Fellow TSC members,

I'd like to self-nominate for the position as TSC Chair. Attached is my brief bio and pitch.

-----hyperledger-tsc-bounces@... wrote: -----To: tsc@...
From: Michael Dolan via hyperledger-tsc
Sent by: hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...
Date: 02/16/2016 11:42AM
Subject: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Reminder: Send in TSC Chair nominations

Hyperledger TSC members, per the election process approved by the TSC last Thursday, I’d like to remind you that if you are on the TSC and would like to run for the TSC Chair position, please send your nominations and brief bio/pitch to the TSC list. Todd and I will consolidate the nominations into a single PDF and distribute that information for voting.

Thanks,

Mike

---
[...]

Dan O'Prey <dan@...>

Sounds like a great idea and good starting point.

Dan O'Prey
CMO
162 5th Avenue, Suite 902, New York, NY, 10010
646-468-0213 | in | @ | dan.oprey

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Christopher B Ferris via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
(resending as text)

One thing that i believe that we should establish early on is a code of conduct for the Hyperledger project.

I helped craft the CoC used by one of our sibling projects at the LF - the Cloud Foundry Foundation [1] - we based that on a number of similar documents from a variety of projects. I'm a bit biased, but I'd like to propose we use it as a starting point to crafting our own.

Mike, can we please add 'code of conduct proposal' to next week's agenda, and reference the link below?

Meanwhile, I'd welcome discussion on any proposed improvements.

[1] https://www.cloudfoundry.org/foundation/code-of-conduct/

IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Open Technology
IBM Cloud, Open Technologies
blog: https://developer.ibm.com/opentech/author/chrisfer/

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.digitalasset.com/emaildisclaimer.html. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.