Date   

Identity WG call tomorrow at noon EDT

Vipin Bharathan
 

Hi Everyone,

Meeting on  the zoom channel is https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community

When: Noon EDT on August 19, 2020  (16:00 UTC)

Main Event : Presentation on TrustID by Maria Teresa Nieto Galan. Blockchain Specialist at Telefónica.

 Abstract: TrustID was created to decentralize the Hyperledger Fabric identity for the product implemented in Telefonica, TrustOS. TrustID is now an independent project. TrustID eases the management of identities for the case of TrustOS. Users shouldn’t need to hold a different set of credentials for each network or decentralized application they interact with. The same credentials used to access your own Bitcoins and manage your tokens in Ethereum should let you update the state of a Fabric asset or launch a secondary market in TrustOS. This is the rationale behind TrustID. The main goal of TrustID as a new project released in the Hyperledger Labs, under open source license, is to develop a new identity management standard in different blockchain platforms, regardless of the underlying technology.

Meeting Notes and Agenda in one.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/IWG/2020-08-19

Please participate.

Vipin


TSC agenda for Aug 13, 2020

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Now available online:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-08-13+TSC+Agenda

Thanks to all who submitted the quarterly reports for their projects. We're only missing Burrow's at this point.

Talk to you then.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


2020 Q3 Hyperledger Transact

Andrea Gunderson
 

The quarterly update for Transact is available at:

Thanks,
Andrea Gunderson


Capital Markets SIG call this Wednesday (the 12th) at 10 am EDT

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 

Hi all,

https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Anti-Trust link: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/antitrust-policy/

Code of conduct link: Hyperledger Code of Conduct

  • Main Event : Safeguarding Digital Assets with an Enterprise Grade Digital Platform by Rebecca Aspler, Director Product Management Unbound
    • Using Secure Multi-Party Computation
    • What does FIPS 140-2 certification mean?
    • vHSMs in the age of cloud computing
    • Segregation of duties 
    • New NIST standards for MPC in development
    • Many other aspects of SMPC and how it can protect digital assets

 

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)
vip@...


Cancelled Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) - Thursday, 6 August 2020 #cal-cancelled

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Cancelled: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 6 August 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) community-architects@...

Description:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,6223336701# or +16465588656,,6223336701#
Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 622-333-6701
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=BYDz1WGXJTTJ_s4_zumD9hqKjJv-Whgs


Re: TSC call this week?

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Given the lack of response, consider this week's call canceled for good. I do want to encourage TSC members to look at the election plan and if you're fine with it please say so in the comments.
Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM




From:        "Arnaud Le Hors" <lehors@...>
To:        "Technical Steering Committee (TSC)" <tsc@...>
Date:        08/05/2020 07:11 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger TSC] TSC call this week?
Sent by:        tsc@...




Hi all,

The execution plan for this year's election is being polished on the wiki and I invite everyone to have a look and comment on the page:

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/TSC+Election+2020-2021

I'd be happy to hold this week's call if anyone wants to discuss this and/or has anything else they'd like to bring up but otherwise I propose to cancel this week's call. We can finalize the election plan offline or on next week's call.


Regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM






Identity Working Group call, minutes, recordings and other assets

Vipin Bharathan
 

Hi all,

Thanks to Rebecca Aspler from Unbound for the excellent presentation on IoT devices and securing them using MPC. All recordings (video and audio are on the page), and the presentation itself is available as links from the page.


Next week we will have an MPC presentation through the lens of Capital Markets, and of course the Blockchain also by Rebecca and her team.

Please contribute to the minutes if you attended. My thanks to @clive boulton for updating the meeting

Vipin


TSC call this week?

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi all,

The execution plan for this year's election is being polished on the wiki and I invite everyone to have a look and comment on the page:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/TSC+Election+2020-2021

I'd be happy to hold this week's call if anyone wants to discuss this and/or has anything else they'd like to bring up but otherwise I propose to cancel this week's call. We can finalize the election plan offline or on next week's call.

Regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


Call this Wednesday at 12 noon

Vipin Bharathan
 

Hi Everyone,

The Agenda and notes are here:

Meeting on  the zoom channel https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community

After Antitrust Policy and introductions

We have the

Main Event: IoT Security Enabled by MPC by Rebecca Aspler, Director Product Management, UnboundTech.

While the benefits of IoT are unlimited, the reality is that the proliferation of blockchain based connected devices, systems and services that compose the IoT ecosystem has introduced risk directly into the physical world, blurring the border between virtual threats and utilities, devices and critical infrastructure. In this session, we will discuss how MPC can be used to enable every IoT device to have an embedded root of trust, while preserving the zero-knowledge proof of other devices’ data. Furthermore, we will examine a few use cases, some that can be associated with a public blockchain and some that are more common within the boundaries of a permissioned blockchain.

Please attend this presentation from the pioneers of MPC, UnboundTech.

Following this we will have a presentation on the Capital Markets SIG (August 12) on MPC for institutional custody and regulations from UnboundTech. There are practitioners on CMSIG who have  integrated this into the process flow who will add some color to that presentation.

Best,

Vipin



Next Identity WG call August 5th 12 noon EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vipin Bharathan
 

Hi Everyone,

The Agenda and notes are here:

Meeting on  the zoom channel https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community

After Antitrust Policy and introductions

We have the

Main Event: IoT Security Enabled by MPC by Rebecca Aspler, Director Product Management, UnboundTech.

While the benefits of IoT are unlimited, the reality is that the proliferation of blockchain based connected devices, systems and services that compose the IoT ecosystem has introduced risk directly into the physical world, blurring the border between virtual threats and utilities, devices and critical infrastructure. In this session, we will discuss how MPC can be used to enable every IoT device to have an embedded root of trust, while preserving the zero-knowledge proof of other devices’ data. Furthermore, we will examine a few use cases, some that can be associated with a public blockchain and some that are more common within the boundaries of a permissioned blockchain.

Please attend this presentation from the pioneers of MPC, UnboundTech.

Following this we will have a presentation on the Capital Markets SIG (August 12) on MPC for institutional custody and regulations from UnboundTech. There are practitioners on CMSIG who have  integrated this into the process flow who will add some color to that presentation.

Best,

Vipin



Capital Markets SIG- notes and recordings

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to Will Lovell, Head Of Future Technology at the Bank of England for an excellent presentation on the current state and future plans for CBDC, wholesale and retail. 

For those who missed it, recordings (audio and video) are available on the notes/agenda page for today. https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/CMSIG/2020-07-29
We will link the slides when they  are available.
To further our discussion as well as to plan for continued engagement with the topic we plan to have more presentations periodically on specific efforts like at the BoE.

Please stay engaged and participate in discussions and dialogue.
Vipin

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)
vip@...


Re: [External] [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Agenda for July 30, 2020

Kuhrt, Tracy A.
 

I have a conflict with tomorrow’s call, and I will be unable to attend. I have added a comment on the election plan regarding the use of Google Forms.

 

Tracy

 

 

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 8:31 AM
To: TSC <tsc@...>
Subject: [External] [Hyperledger TSC] TSC Agenda for July 30, 2020

 

This message is from an EXTERNAL SENDER - be CAUTIOUS, particularly with links and attachments.


 

Hi all,

The agenda for this week's call is available:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-07-30+TSC+Agenda

I invite you to check the election plan the staff started developing and comment as necessary. The more progress we can make offline the better.

The quarterly report for Indy is now due.

Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM




This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.
______________________________________________________________________________________

www.accenture.com


TSC Agenda for July 30, 2020

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi all,

The agenda for this week's call is available:
https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-07-30+TSC+Agenda

I invite you to check the election plan the staff started developing and comment as necessary. The more progress we can make offline the better.

The quarterly report for Indy is now due.

Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


Capital Markets SIG call today at 10 am EDT

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 

Hi Everyone,

Reminder of a call of the Capital Markets Special Interest Group today, the 29th at 10:00 am EDT (14:00 UTC).

Main event
Bank of England Head of Future Technology, William Lovell presents on CBDC, retail and wholesale, in light of the BoE's efforts, including their latest paper on CBDC. We will have a Q&A after the presentation.

Please participate, engage, ask questions,


Best,

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)
vip@...


Capital Markets SIG call this Wednesday at 10 am EDT

VIPIN BHARATHAN
 

Hi everyone,

Announcing a call of the Capital Markets Special Interest Group Wednesday, the 29th at 10:00 am EDT (14:00 UTC).

Main event
Bank of England Head of Future Technology, William Lovell presents on CBDC, retail and wholesale, in light of the BoE's efforts, including their latest paper on CBDC. We will have a Q&A after the presentation.

Please participate, engage, ask questions,



Best,

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
Financial Services (Blockchain, ML, Design Thinking)
vip@...


Cancelled Event: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) - Thursday, 23 July 2020 #cal-cancelled

tsc@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <tsc@...>
 

Cancelled: Technical Steering Committee (TSC)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 23 July 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Technical Steering Committee (TSC) community-architects@...

Description:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,6223336701# or +16465588656,,6223336701#
Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 622-333-6701
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=BYDz1WGXJTTJ_s4_zumD9hqKjJv-Whgs


Re: Agenda items and question about future calls

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>
 

That’s fine by me. I will notify the DCI members who wouldn’t regularly have attended the TSC meeting.

 

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 2:11 PM
To: Dan Middleton <dan.middleton@...>
Cc: Sara Garifullina <garifullina@...>, Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Subject: RE: [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls

 

Hi Dan,
I am actually going to postpone the call to next week. I don't see the need to rush and I've received regrets from a few people so I think we have a better chance to have more people next week and have them be better prepared at the same.
Sorry if this creates some inconvenience.
Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM




From:        "Middleton, Dan" <dan.middleton@...>
To:        Sara Garifullina <garifullina@...>
Cc:        Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Date:        07/22/2020 11:29 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls
Sent by:        tsc@...


 

Hi Sara,

Please post it to the agenda. Hopefully TSC members will still have time to review it before the call.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-07-23+TSC+Agenda

 

I also wanted to confirm that DCI-WG is ready to present as planned tomorrow.

 

Regards,

 

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

 

 

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Sara Garifullina <garifullina@...>
Date:
Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 7:04 AM
To:
Dan Middleton <dan.middleton@...>
Cc:
Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Subject:
Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls

 

Hi!

 

We have our Iroha Q3 report for you too :)

Just let us know when it will be ok to review it!

Sara Garifullina,

Community manager at Soramitsu

Contact me: garifullina@...

 

 

 

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 12:18 AM Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...> wrote:

The DCI-WG intends to give a report out Thursday. We meet tomorrow (wed) to finalize some opens so there’s a chance we’ll need to punt to the following week – but plan A is that we report this Thursday 7/23. (Should we need to punt, we’ll communicate that right after the DCI meeting ends at 10am PDT Wed.)

 

Setting that item aside, I do like the intent of reviving the hackfest experience and getting more in-depth with the projects.  

 

 

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

 

 

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date:
Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM
To:
Hyperledger TSC <
tsc@...>
Subject:
[Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls

 

Hi,
Does anyone have any agenda items for this week's call?


Otherwise I'm wondering whether projects would be interested in giving presentations to the TSC beyond the quarterly reports. One thing I personally liked and miss from the "hackfests" we used to have is the opportunity to get a bit more in-depth insight as to what the different projects were doing. Given that we have for the most part dealt with all the process stuff that used to keep the TSC busy maybe we could use some of our calls to fill-in the gap created with the disappearance of the hackfests? Would people be interested in this? This obviously needs to be of interest to both the TSC members and people involved in the projects who would be giving presentations.


Regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM







Re: Agenda items and question about future calls

Arnaud Le Hors
 

Hi Dan,
I am actually going to postpone the call to next week. I don't see the need to rush and I've received regrets from a few people so I think we have a better chance to have more people next week and have them be better prepared at the same.
Sorry if this creates some inconvenience.
Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM




From:        "Middleton, Dan" <dan.middleton@...>
To:        Sara Garifullina <garifullina@...>
Cc:        Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Date:        07/22/2020 11:29 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls
Sent by:        tsc@...



Hi Sara,

Please post it to the agenda. Hopefully TSC members will still have time to review it before the call.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-07-23+TSC+Agenda

 

I also wanted to confirm that DCI-WG is ready to present as planned tomorrow.

 

Regards,

 

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

 

 

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Sara Garifullina <garifullina@...>
Date:
Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 7:04 AM
To:
Dan Middleton <dan.middleton@...>
Cc:
Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Subject:
Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls

 

Hi!

 

We have our Iroha Q3 report for you too :)

Just let us know when it will be ok to review it!

Sara Garifullina,

Community manager at Soramitsu

Contact me: garifullina@...

 

 

 

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 12:18 AM Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...> wrote:

The DCI-WG intends to give a report out Thursday. We meet tomorrow (wed) to finalize some opens so there’s a chance we’ll need to punt to the following week – but plan A is that we report this Thursday 7/23. (Should we need to punt, we’ll communicate that right after the DCI meeting ends at 10am PDT Wed.)

 

Setting that item aside, I do like the intent of reviving the hackfest experience and getting more in-depth with the projects.  

 

 

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

 

 

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date:
Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM
To:
Hyperledger TSC <
tsc@...>
Subject:
[Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls

 

Hi,
Does anyone have any agenda items for this week's call?


Otherwise I'm wondering whether projects would be interested in giving presentations to the TSC beyond the quarterly reports. One thing I personally liked and miss from the "hackfests" we used to have is the opportunity to get a bit more in-depth insight as to what the different projects were doing. Given that we have for the most part dealt with all the process stuff that used to keep the TSC busy maybe we could use some of our calls to fill-in the gap created with the disappearance of the hackfests? Would people be interested in this? This obviously needs to be of interest to both the TSC members and people involved in the projects who would be giving presentations.


Regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM






Re: Agenda items and question about future calls

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>
 

Hi Sara,

Please post it to the agenda. Hopefully TSC members will still have time to review it before the call.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-07-23+TSC+Agenda

 

I also wanted to confirm that DCI-WG is ready to present as planned tomorrow.

 

Regards,

 

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

 

 

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Sara Garifullina <garifullina@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 7:04 AM
To: Dan Middleton <dan.middleton@...>
Cc: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls

 

Hi! 

 

We have our Iroha Q3 report for you too :) 

Just let us know when it will be ok to review it!


Sara Garifullina,

Community manager at Soramitsu

Contact me: garifullina@...

 

 

 

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 12:18 AM Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...> wrote:

The DCI-WG intends to give a report out Thursday. We meet tomorrow (wed) to finalize some opens so there’s a chance we’ll need to punt to the following week – but plan A is that we report this Thursday 7/23. (Should we need to punt, we’ll communicate that right after the DCI meeting ends at 10am PDT Wed.)

 

Setting that item aside, I do like the intent of reviving the hackfest experience and getting more in-depth with the projects.  

 

 

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

 

 

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM
To: Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Subject: [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls

 

Hi,
Does anyone have any agenda items for this week's call?

Otherwise I'm wondering whether projects would be interested in giving presentations to the TSC beyond the quarterly reports. One thing I personally liked and miss from the "hackfests" we used to have is the opportunity to get a bit more in-depth insight as to what the different projects were doing. Given that we have for the most part dealt with all the process stuff that used to keep the TSC busy maybe we could use some of our calls to fill-in the gap created with the disappearance of the hackfests? Would people be interested in this? This obviously needs to be of interest to both the TSC members and people involved in the projects who would be giving presentations.

Regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM


Re: Agenda items and question about future calls

Sara Garifullina <garifullina@...>
 

Hi! 

We have our Iroha Q3 report for you too :) 
Just let us know when it will be ok to review it!

Sara Garifullina,
Community manager at Soramitsu
Contact me: garifullina@...



On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 12:18 AM Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...> wrote:

The DCI-WG intends to give a report out Thursday. We meet tomorrow (wed) to finalize some opens so there’s a chance we’ll need to punt to the following week – but plan A is that we report this Thursday 7/23. (Should we need to punt, we’ll communicate that right after the DCI meeting ends at 10am PDT Wed.)

 

Setting that item aside, I do like the intent of reviving the hackfest experience and getting more in-depth with the projects.  

 

 

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

 

 

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM
To: Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>
Subject: [Hyperledger TSC] Agenda items and question about future calls

 

Hi,
Does anyone have any agenda items for this week's call?

Otherwise I'm wondering whether projects would be interested in giving presentations to the TSC beyond the quarterly reports. One thing I personally liked and miss from the "hackfests" we used to have is the opportunity to get a bit more in-depth insight as to what the different projects were doing. Given that we have for the most part dealt with all the process stuff that used to keep the TSC busy maybe we could use some of our calls to fill-in the gap created with the disappearance of the hackfests? Would people be interested in this? This obviously needs to be of interest to both the TSC members and people involved in the projects who would be giving presentations.

Regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Blockchain & Web Open Technologies - IBM

801 - 820 of 3892