Date

Identity WG call tomorrow at 12 noon EDT

I am glad to say that the call will happen as scheduled.
Amol Deshpande with Kalyan Kulkarni from Ayanworks will present their Identity solution. There will be a demo.

Meeting is on the zoom channel. https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community
Please participate.
We will also continue the discussion triggered by Orie's universal wallet solution.

Friday Fun: Beginner content - why to be a s/w engineer

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>

For any of you who are new to coding but aren’t sure about sticking with being a software developer, you might find this video persuasive:

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

Re: Thanks to DTCC guest speakers

Jayakar <Jayakar_J_Joseph@...>

Dear Christopher Ferris,

Herewith, abstract of a Global Digital Realtime CoV control program for UN, that is based on a Global network of Local-Native Hybrid Multicloud Cloud-Servers with clusters of Healthcare Centers and Apps development platform with Hyperledger backend infrastructure for data transactions; is attached.

Collaborative Partnership of all major IT players and Digital Health Research Institutions around the Globe, is the urgent requirement in this COVID-19 scenario, to compact CoV spread.

Jayakar

Jayakar_J_Joseph@..., www.johnsonsmedicom.org

From: "Middleton, Dan" <dan.middleton@...>
Sent by: tsc@...
To: "Bell, Keisha M." <KBell@...>, "Palatnick, Robert" <RPalatnick@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger TSC] Thanks to DTCC guest speakers
Date: Thu, Jul 16, 2020 11:08 AM

Keisha & Rob,

On behalf of the Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee, thanks so much for presenting today! I think it was a really informative talk.

What we heard from you and the resources you’ve captured in your slides will be very helpful as we continue to build our efforts.

The TSC also may want some follow-up discussion to digest how we map what seem like corporate best practices into open source. For example, things like promotions may relate to elevating developers from contributors to maintainers and the need for sponsorship and advocacy in that process.

Rob, I do think we should talk more about how we get our contributing companies to recognize the benefits and needs of diverse talent in our joint open source work. A lot of what we’ve done so far is really grass roots efforts, but that’s not where the bulk of our contributor population comes from.

Once again, big thanks to both of you, particularly Keisha, for taking the time to prepare and talk to our group!

Best,

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

Re: [Hyperledger Capital Markets SIG] Minutes of the meeting of Capital Markets Special Interest Group

VIPIN BHARATHAN

Can you add this to the meeting minutes or the project page setup for the DDP response?
As far as BSN goes, it is a very centralized response to the deployment and operationalization of Blockchains in general.
This may not get traction in a place like the USA, but there are some other countries (like the EU with EBSI) where that idea has already been implemented.
In fact, this does not have a direct bearing on CBDC itself, what are you hearing about DCEP and BSN?
What about the regional stablecoin in the East idea floated during the party congress this year?
Thanks,

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
vip@...

From: "Middleton, Dan" <dan.middleton@...>
Sent by: tsc@...
To: "Bell, Keisha M." <KBell@...>, "Palatnick, Robert" <RPalatnick@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Date: Thu, Jul 16, 2020 11:08 AM

[...]

Re: Hyperledger HIP

Troy Ronda

+1

From: "Swetha Repakula" <swetha.repakula@...>
Sent by: tsc@...
To: tsc@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Hyperledger HIP
Date: Thu, Jul 16, 2020 2:08 AM

+1 from me too

Thanks Ry!

Re: Hyperledger HIP

Swetha Repakula

+1 from me too

Thanks Ry!

Minutes of the meeting of Capital Markets Special Interest Group

Great call today, thanks to Karen for leading the presentation on the Digital Dollar Project.

All recordings/minutes are available in the link below.

There was discussion of preparing a response to the DDP and I have setup a page for us to get started: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/CMSIG/Response+to+the+Digital+Dollar+Project+Whitepaper

There is also a link to it in the meeting minutes and on the project page.
Please collaborate.

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Digital Transformation Consultant
vip@...

Re: [External] [Hyperledger TSC] CMSIG call tomorrow (July 15th) at 10:00 AM EDT.

Alissa M Worley

Please excuse the multiple emails – I should not multitask 😉 It’s next Tuesday, July 21 and the registration link is here

Alissa Worley | Global Marketing Director

Blockchain & Multi-Party Systems

Phone:
(917) 446-0814
E-mail:
alissa.worley@...

signature_1311579377

From: "Worley, Alissa" <alissa.worley@...>
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 1:26 PM
To: VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...>, "capital-markets-sig@..." <capital-markets-sig@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [External] [Hyperledger TSC] CMSIG call tomorrow (July 15th) at 10:00 AM EDT.

With the hyperlink to register below

Alissa Worley | Global Marketing Director

Blockchain & Multi-Party Systems

Phone:
(917) 446-0814
E-mail:
alissa.worley@...

signature_1306334238

From: "Worley, Alissa" <alissa.worley@...>
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 1:22 PM
To: VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...>, "capital-markets-sig@..." <capital-markets-sig@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

Hi all,

We are hosting a digital dollar LIVE event next Tuesday, July 21, at 1pm ET. You can register here (it’s free, of course.)

Here is the list of speakers:

  • Chris Giancarlo, Chairman Emeritus, US Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Senior Council, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
  • Bob Bench, Director of Applied Fintech Research for the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
  • Chris Brummer, Agnes N. Williams Research Professor and Faculty Director of Georgetown’s Institute of International Economic Law
  • Jason Brett, Forbes.com Contributor and Founder and CEO of the Value Technology Foundation
  • Tom Jessop, President of Fidelity Digital Assets
  • David Treat, Senior Managing Director, Global Blockchain & Multiparty Systems Lead & Global Technology Lead for Capital Markets, Accenture
  • Sharon Bowen, Former Commissioner of the CFTC, and currently serves on the Board of Directors for Intercontinental Exchange and Neuberger Berman
  • Sheila Warren, Head of Blockchain and Data Policy, Member of the Executive Committee, World Economic Forum
  • Danielle Martell, Managing Director, Financial Services, Accenture
  • Daniel Gorfine, Founder and CEO of Gattaca Horizons LLC, Adjunct Professor of Law at the Georgetown University Law Center, Former Chief Innovation Officer of CFTC

Thanks so much,

Alissa

Alissa Worley | Global Marketing Director

Blockchain & Multi-Party Systems

Phone:
(917) 446-0814
E-mail:
alissa.worley@...

signature_808992282

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...>
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 12:40 PM
To: "capital-markets-sig@..." <capital-markets-sig@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

Hi everyone,

Announcing a call of the Capital Markets Special Interest Group tomorrow at 10:00 am EDT (14:00 UTC).

Main event

Digital Dollar Project (DDP): A discussion on the whitepaper. Led by Karen Ottoni.

Karen will send around or add a a couple of questions to the agenda  to spark discussion.

The next two meetings are on Central Bank Digital Currency, with the one on July 29th being a presentation by a Central Banker on this topic du jour.

Please participate

www.accenture.com

From: "Worley, Alissa" <alissa.worley@...>
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 1:22 PM
To: VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...>, "capital-markets-sig@..." <capital-markets-sig@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

Hi all,

We are hosting a digital dollar LIVE event next Tuesday, July 14, at 1pm ET. You can register here (it’s free, of course.)

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of VIPIN BHARATHAN <vip@...>
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 12:40 PM
To: "capital-markets-sig@..." <capital-markets-sig@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

[...]

TSC agenda for July 16, 2020

This week's TSC call will be a bit different in that, in collaboration with the DCI WG, we have organized for guest speakers from DTCC to join us and talk about diversity. I expect the first half hour or so to be dedicated to that before we move on to our usual business.

We're still missing a report from the Caliper project but have received reports from several other projects. Please, make sure to review those prior to the call.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020-07-16+TSC+Agenda

2020 Q3 Hyperledger Sawtooth Update

seeley@...

The 2020 Q3 Hyperledger Sawtooth update is now available at https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/TSC/2020+Q3+Hyperledger+Sawtooth

-Logan Seeley

Re: Hyperledger HIP

Gari Singh <garis@...>

+1

(Thx Ry!)

Gari Singh
garis@...
978-846-7499

On Jul 13, 2020, at 7:16 PM, Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...> wrote:

+1 Dan Middleton

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of "hmontgomery@..." <hmontgomery@...>
Date: Monday, July 13, 2020 at 4:52 PM
To: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>, mark wagner <mwagner@...>
Cc: Ry Jones <rjones@...>, TSC <tsc@...>

+1 from me too!

Thanks Ry.

I make a motion that we accept this proposal.

-mark

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 7:40 PM Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:

Members of the TSC,
I have created a new repo for this.I ask that you vote on the issuehere in the mailing list so I may fix the proposal, or close it.

If you wish to see a rendered version of the website, one is available.

Chat@rjones Calender

Chat@rjones Calender

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of "hmontgomery@..." <hmontgomery@...>
Date: Monday, July 13, 2020 at 4:52 PM

[...]