Date

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Smart Contracts WG Quarterly Update Due #tsc-wg-update - Thu, 06/06/2019 #tsc-wg-update #cal-reminder

Reminder: Hyperledger Smart Contracts WG Quarterly Update Due #tsc-wg-update

When: Thursday, 6 June 2019

View Event

Organizer: community-architects@...

Description: The Hyperledger Smart Contracts WG update to the TSC was due 03 June, 2019, and it will be presented to the TSC on 06 June, 2019. Please review the update at TSC Working Group Updates prior to the meeting and add your questions to the update.

Re: Proposal to the TSC: enable 2FA requirement across all orgs

Ry Jones

Gotcha. I was thinking of a historical look, not an ongoing one.

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 4:10 PM Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@...> wrote:
Should be able to write a web hook to post a comment on PRs

IBM Digital Business Group, Open Technologies
email: chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris

On May 30, 2019, at 6:58 PM, Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 3:41 PM Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...> wrote:
Can we tell which commits come in without 2FA?

Not easily. We could probably figure it out, though. Everything is a matter of awk, sed, and curl.

Re: Proposal to the TSC: enable 2FA requirement across all orgs

Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...>

Should be able to write a web hook to post a comment on PRs

IBM Digital Business Group, Open Technologies
email: chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris

On May 30, 2019, at 6:58 PM, Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 3:41 PM Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...> wrote:
Can we tell which commits come in without 2FA?

Not easily. We could probably figure it out, though. Everything is a matter of awk, sed, and curl.

Re: Proposal to the TSC: enable 2FA requirement across all orgs

Ry Jones

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 3:41 PM Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...> wrote:
Can we tell which commits come in without 2FA?

Not easily. We could probably figure it out, though. Everything is a matter of awk, sed, and curl.

Re: Proposal to the TSC: enable 2FA requirement across all orgs

Brian Behlendorf

Can we tell which commits come in without 2FA?

Brian

On 5/30/19 2:02 PM, Christopher Ferris wrote:
You should give a warning. You can add all github ids to a team and @ the team. Maybe give a few days to remediate. I approve subject to advance warning and update to contributors guides.

IBM Digital Business Group, Open Technologies
email: chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris

On May 30, 2019, at 4:54 PM, Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:

In light of recent discussions on this mailing list, I ask the TSC to vote by email on enabling 2FA for the Hyperledger and Hyperledger Labs orgs.

We will lose many members that are committers. It will cause turbulence.
Ry

Re: Proposal to the TSC: enable 2FA requirement across all orgs

Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...>

Also should spam mailing lists... just saying.

IBM Digital Business Group, Open Technologies
email: chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris

On May 30, 2019, at 5:01 PM, Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...> wrote:

Let’s stay the vote. We can bring this up as a topic in the next TSC call and either take a vote there or move to email vote thereafter.

There’s not yet enough discussion on the turbulence for an informed vote.

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Ry Jones <rjones@...>
Date: Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 3:54 PM
To: TSC <tsc@...>

In light of recent discussions on this mailing list, I ask the TSC to vote by email on enabling 2FA for the Hyperledger and Hyperledger Labs orgs.

We will lose many members that are committers. It will cause turbulence.

Ry

Proposal to the TSC: enable 2FA requirement across all orgs

Ry Jones

In light of recent discussions on this mailing list, I ask the TSC to vote by email on enabling 2FA for the Hyperledger and Hyperledger Labs orgs.

We will lose many members that are committers. It will cause turbulence.
Ry

Re: Proposal: adopt the Kubernetes GitHub/Community management workflow

Isn’t 2FA standard these days for this kind of thing?  Is there anything we can do to push contributors to set it up?  I’d have pushed the button…