Date

Re: Can I use Hyperledger if

Worley, Alissa <alissa.worley@...>

Dan – Thanks so much for sharing this. It is so important.

During our Inclusion & Diversity lunch at Consensus last year, one of the questions from the audience at the end of the panel was from a visually impaired gentleman who asked what the industry was doing for accessibility with its tools. It’s stuck with me because I don’t have a good answer.

Alissa Worley | Global Marketing Director | Blockchain & DLT

Phone: (917) 446-0814 | E-mail: alissa.worley@...

Accenture

Linkedin

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

YouTube

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Mark Wagner <mwagner114@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 1:22 PM
To: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...>
Cc: Hyperledger List <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] tomorrow’s call

me three, at the Red Hat Summit.

On Wed, May 8, 2019, 16:20 Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:

Regrets from me as well. Busy at an IBM event.

From:        "Christopher Ferris" <chrisfer@...>
To:        tsc@...
Date:        05/08/2019 07:11 PM
Subject:        [Hyperledger TSC] tomorrow’s call
Sent by:        tsc@...

Regrets... I will miss tomorrow’s call, visiting my MIL in hospital.

IBM Digital Business Group, Open Technologies
email:
chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris

blog: https://developer.ibm.com/code/author/chrisfer/
phone:
+1 508 667 0402

Re: Urgent Gerrit Downtime Today 16:00 EST

Tim Johnson <tijohnson@...>

Configuration change has been performed and gerrit is back on-line.

On 5/8/19 8:38 AM, Tim Johnson wrote:
We have had a DDOS attack on gerrit.hyperledger.org. We are making
configuration changes to gerrit to address the issue. The configuration
changes require a restart of gerrit.

Tim

Re: tomorrow’s call

Mark Wagner

From:        "Christopher Ferris" <chrisfer@...>
To:        tsc@...
Date:        05/08/2019 07:11 PM
Sent by:        tsc@...

Regrets... I will miss tomorrow’s call, visiting my MIL in hospital.

IBM Digital Business Group, Open Technologies
blog: https://developer.ibm.com/code/author/chrisfer/

Re: tomorrow’s call

Arnaud Le Hors

Regrets from me as well. Busy at an IBM event.

From:        "Christopher Ferris" <chrisfer@...>
To:        tsc@...
Date:        05/08/2019 07:11 PM
Sent by:        tsc@...

Regrets... I will miss tomorrow’s call, visiting my MIL in hospital.

IBM Digital Business Group, Open Technologies
blog: https://developer.ibm.com/code/author/chrisfer/

tomorrow’s call

Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...>

Regrets... I will miss tomorrow’s call, visiting my MIL in hospital.

IBM Digital Business Group, Open Technologies
email: chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris

Urgent Gerrit Downtime Today 16:00 EST

Tim Johnson <tijohnson@...>

We have had a DDOS attack on gerrit.hyperledger.org. We are making
configuration changes to gerrit to address the issue. The configuration
changes require a restart of gerrit.

Tim

Re: CI/CD update

Christopher Ferris <chrisfer@...>

We should keep an eye on https://github.com/tektoncd

IBM Digital Business Group, Open Technologies
email: chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris

On May 8, 2019, at 12:26 AM, Dave Huseby <dhuseby@...> wrote:

Hi TSC,

After receiving feedback from many of you that you didn't think the CI/CD committee should be private, the CA team has decided to open it all up. I am keeping the one page with all of the outside CI/CD costs private to protect the confidentiality I promised when gathering expense information from companies currently paying to run Hyperledger CI/CD pipelines.

The CI/CD space can be found here:

You can see all of the ongoing research and ideas as well as the meeting minutes from our meetings. If you would like to participate, I am still looking for people to join the committee to help us work out solutions.

The biggest problem we face now is that many of the CI/CD pipelines for Hyperledger projects use docker-in-docker and docker-compose to first build their CI docker image and test it before running it to build the project code and test that. The current idea of airlifting existing pipelines onto a Hypereldger Kube cluster is blocked by the current docker-in-docker requirement.

Thanks to Mark, we have been thinking about how to get away from docker-in-docker since last October at the Montreal meetup. RedHat has a good solution called Buildah and there are a few others. We could really use help examining the different CI pipelines for the different projects to gauge the level of impact switching from docker-in-docker to something like Buildah would cause.

Kube is not a silver bullet. So the end recommendation from the committee should account for the cost moving all of the projects to a Kube cluster, in terms of estimated work hours and risk due to change.

If you can spare the cycles and know your project's CI pipeline fairly well, we could use your help.

Cheers!
Dave
---
David Huseby
Security Maven, Hyperledger
The Linux Foundation
+1-206-234-2392
dhuseby@...

Re: Add VRF(Verifiable Random Functions) Into Ordering Service to Support Large-scale COnsensus NetWork

VIPIN BHARATHAN

Hello all,

Having delved into this more, I have the following comments.
Agree with Brian's points.
To the last point: VRF does not appear to have any live patents and is used by other projects (other than Algorand), a more thorough search is warranted.

I will add another route for HL participation: Work with Ursa and get the VRF algorithm into that library.  I believe that the solution can be broader than just applicability to Fabric BFT.

Also, there is a comment on the FAB (https://jira.hyperledger.org/browse/FAB-15350) which argues against the committee selection process and the use of VRF for hashing.
These have to be addressed.

The commenter (Yakov Manevich) has assumptions about the future (see below). You have to balance this comment against the cost of implementing a VRF based BFT as a pluggable component in Fabric or any other DLT.

"So, clearly - using committee selection is good for large networks with thousands of nodes, and I don't think we'll have a Byzantine ordering service oriented for large networks in the near future. "

dlt.nyc
Vipin Bharathan
Enterprise Blockchain Consultant
vip@...

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Jay Guo <guojiannan1101@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 9:17 AM
To: Tim Johnson <tijohnson@...>
Cc: Hyperledger TSC <tsc@...>, Anton Baranov <abaranov@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] RocketChat Downtime

I suppose 08:00 PM?

Oddly, I'm constantly getting 502 gateway right now... some other folks report the same issue. Anything wrong at server side?

- J

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 10:14 PM Tim Johnson <tijohnson@...> wrote:

We will be upgrading RocketChat, Tue May 7th at 08:00 EST. It should be back on-line within 30mins.
Let me know if this time is objectionable. I will send out another reminder on Mon afternoon.

Tim

Re: RocketChat Downtime

Jonathan Levi (HACERA)

So I figured. Sure thing, Tim. Take your time… better to do it a bit more slowly but surely.
Some (other, of course) open source projects don’t always make it THAT easy to upgrade, or at least, less easy than advertised. Ahem ;-)

— Jonathan

https://hacera.com

On May 7, 2019, at 7:33 AM, Tim Johnson <tijohnson@...> wrote:

We are encounter unexpected issues. I will update as information becomes
available.

On 5/6/19 1:51 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
We will be upgrading RocketChat, Tue May 7th at 08:00 EST. It should be back on-line within 30mins.
Let me know if this time is objectionable.

Tim

Re: RocketChat Downtime

Tim Johnson <tijohnson@...>

We are encounter unexpected issues. I will update as information becomes
available.

On 5/6/19 1:51 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
We will be upgrading RocketChat, Tue May 7th at 08:00 EST. It should be back on-line within 30mins.
Let me know if this time is objectionable.

Tim

1661 - 1680 of 3893