Date   

Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Minutes 02.11.16

Jesus Diaz Vico <jesus.diaz.vico@...>
 

Hi all.

Thanks for the email, it is very useful for all of us who could not attend the complete meeting (or attend at all).

One doubt/comment about the evaluation criteria. Is privacy being considered as part of the security criteria (or any other criteria, although I'd say that it fits better in security, if any) or not at all?

If not being considered either explicitly nor implicitly, I'll give it a thought. A system may be really secure (in terms of confidentiality (!= privacy), integrity, availability and so on) against any kind of considered attacker, but still lack privacy.

In the concrete context of blockchain, as in most other contexts, a proposal may be privacy-respectful depending on the use case For instance, private "enough" for conventional value transactions, but not private enough for managing information storage.

Best,

Jesus

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 1:11 AM, Todd Benzies via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

Hyperledger Project

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting

February 11, 2016 (7:00am - 8:30am PT)

via GoToMeeting


TSC Members

Emmanuel Viale

Accenture

Present

Kireeti Reddy

CME Group

N/A

Shaul Kfir

DAH

N/A

Stefan Teis

Deutsche Boerse Group

Present

Pardha Vishnumolakala

DTCC

N/A

Kei Taniuchi

Fujitsu

N/A

TBD

Hitachi

N/A

Chris Ferris

IBM

Present

Mic Bowman

Intel

Present

David Voell

J.P. Morgan

Present

Richard G. Brown

R3

Present


More information on the TSC Members can be found at https://www.hyperledger.org/about/tsc


TSC Chair Elections


  • Note:  if you are a Premier member and have not yet notified tbenzies@... of your TSC representative, please do so ASAP.

  • Process for electing a TSC Chair (from the 11 TSC members)

    • Begin nomination period: Today, Feb 11th, nominations includes a short bio/pitch less than 1 page

    • End nomination period: 9pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, Feb 17th

    • Send slate of respective nominees to TSC Members: Thursday, Feb 18th

    • Send TSC members the ballot link to electronic voting: Thursday, Feb 18th using Condorcet voting (http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/)

    • Voting period ends: Tuesday, Feb 23rd at 9pm Pacific Time

    • Election winners announced: Wednesday, Feb 24th

  • The TSC operates in the open (open calls, public list)

  • Startup Period: During the first six (6) months after project launch, the TSC voting members shall consist of one (1) appointed representative from each Premier Member and each Top Level Project Maintainer, provided that no company (including related companies or affiliates under common control) shall have more than three (3) votes on the TSC.

  • Steady State: After the Startup Period, there shall be a nomination and election period for electing Contributors or Maintainers to the TSC. The TSC voting members shall consist of eleven (11) elected Contributors or Maintainers chosen by the Active Contributors. An Active Contributor is defined as any Contributor who has had a contribution accepted into the codebase during the prior twelve (12) months. The TSC shall approve the process and timing for nominations and elections held on an annual basis.


Tools/Services



Meeting Cadence


  • Consensus:  [weekly] Thursdays, 7:00am - 8:30am PT

    • Evaluate after 1 month if any changes to cadence or timing are necessary


Code



Template for Proposal Evaluation


  • Stefan Buhrmester and Vipin Bharathan have volunteered to help edit an initial template for TSC review


Proposals for Common Starting Points


  • Previous discussion

    • Networking

    • BFT

    • Storage

    • Cryptographic libraries

    • Member services

  • Consensus:  start lower down the stack where people are much closer in agreement, and then slowly work up the stack.

  • Needed:  create a github markdown doc for documenting use cases


Agenda Draft for 2/18 TSC Meeting

  • Discussion on basic use cases to address

  • High-level thoughts on how proposed contributions could be converged

  • Walk-through of project proposal template (Stefan Buhrmester and Vipin Bharathan)


Previous Discussions from Formation Meetings


  • Evaluation Criteria

    • Security

    • Interoperability

    • Scalability

    • Extensibility

    • Deployment Environment

    • Ecosystem

    • Change Management

    • Resilience


  • Functional Requirements

    • Contract Execution Environment

    • Transaction

    • Block of Transactions

    • Network

    • Consensus/Validation

    • Authentication & Entitlements

    • Reference Data




On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Michael Dolan <mdolan@...> wrote:
Welcome to the (now official) Hyperledger Community. Thank you to everyone who helped with the launch of the project and getting everything lined up for a very strong start.

We have a technical community call scheduled for Thursday at 10am Eastern Time. The GoToMeeting details are below. Our apologies for last week’s disruption with the 25 person limit. We have fixed that issue and now have a 100 person capacity. I’m also copying both the TSC and the technical-discuss mailing lists. In the future, we will just use the TSC mailing list for TSC meetings. However, I didn’t want to miss anyone this first week, so I’ve copied both lists. If you have not signed up for any mailing lists, you will want to do so here: https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo

I look forward to our discussion tomorrow.

— Mike

Proposed Agenda

I’ll propose the agenda below for tomorrow, if you have other thoughts / comments, please let me know.
  1. Process for electing a TSC Chair (10 mins). Also, if you are a Premier member and have not yet notified Todd (CC’d) of your TSC Chair representative, please do so ASAP. We will distribute a list of the TSC reps to the TSC when we have everyone identified.
  2. Discussion of tools/services that would be helpful to the community. We have setup IRC:  #hyperledger on freenode with Meetbot. We have the mailing lists. Does the TSC want to see anything else? E.g. Slack? A wiki such as https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/hyperledger shared wiki or setup wiki.hyperledger.org?
  3. Future meeting day/times? Do we use this time slot for the TSC going forward or does the TSC prefer a different cadence and/or time or day?
  4. Discuss where/how to land code. Common question we’re getting is “where is the code?” Need to discuss how to get proposed code into public review.
  5. Discuss process for getting to a code starting point. Proposal template for evaluation? 
  6. Discuss proposals for the common starting points 
    • Networking
    • BFT
    • Storage
    • Cryptographic libraries
    • Member services
1. Proposed TSC Chair Election Process
  • Begin nomination period: Thursday, Feb 11th, nominations includes a short bio/pitch less than 1 page
  • End nomination period: 9pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, Feb 17th
  • Send slate of respective nominees to Silver Members: Thursday, Feb 18th
  • Send TSC members the ballot link to electronic voting: Thursday, Feb 18th using Condorcet voting (http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/)
  • Voting period ends: Tuesday, Feb 23rd at 9pm Pacific Time
  • Election winners announced: Wednesday, Feb 24th
GoToMeeting Instructions


You can also dial in using your phone.

United States (toll-free): 1 877 309 2070
United States: +1 (312) 757-3119

Access Code: 613-310-429







--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)
Skype: tbenzies

_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@...
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc




--
Jesús Díaz Vico


[Hyperledger Project TSC] Minutes 02.11.16

Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

Hyperledger Project

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting

February 11, 2016 (7:00am - 8:30am PT)

via GoToMeeting


TSC Members

Emmanuel Viale

Accenture

Present

Kireeti Reddy

CME Group

N/A

Shaul Kfir

DAH

N/A

Stefan Teis

Deutsche Boerse Group

Present

Pardha Vishnumolakala

DTCC

N/A

Kei Taniuchi

Fujitsu

N/A

TBD

Hitachi

N/A

Chris Ferris

IBM

Present

Mic Bowman

Intel

Present

David Voell

J.P. Morgan

Present

Richard G. Brown

R3

Present


More information on the TSC Members can be found at https://www.hyperledger.org/about/tsc


TSC Chair Elections


  • Note:  if you are a Premier member and have not yet notified tbenzies@... of your TSC representative, please do so ASAP.

  • Process for electing a TSC Chair (from the 11 TSC members)

    • Begin nomination period: Today, Feb 11th, nominations includes a short bio/pitch less than 1 page

    • End nomination period: 9pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, Feb 17th

    • Send slate of respective nominees to TSC Members: Thursday, Feb 18th

    • Send TSC members the ballot link to electronic voting: Thursday, Feb 18th using Condorcet voting (http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/)

    • Voting period ends: Tuesday, Feb 23rd at 9pm Pacific Time

    • Election winners announced: Wednesday, Feb 24th

  • The TSC operates in the open (open calls, public list)

  • Startup Period: During the first six (6) months after project launch, the TSC voting members shall consist of one (1) appointed representative from each Premier Member and each Top Level Project Maintainer, provided that no company (including related companies or affiliates under common control) shall have more than three (3) votes on the TSC.

  • Steady State: After the Startup Period, there shall be a nomination and election period for electing Contributors or Maintainers to the TSC. The TSC voting members shall consist of eleven (11) elected Contributors or Maintainers chosen by the Active Contributors. An Active Contributor is defined as any Contributor who has had a contribution accepted into the codebase during the prior twelve (12) months. The TSC shall approve the process and timing for nominations and elections held on an annual basis.


Tools/Services



Meeting Cadence


  • Consensus:  [weekly] Thursdays, 7:00am - 8:30am PT

    • Evaluate after 1 month if any changes to cadence or timing are necessary


Code



Template for Proposal Evaluation


  • Stefan Buhrmester and Vipin Bharathan have volunteered to help edit an initial template for TSC review


Proposals for Common Starting Points


  • Previous discussion

    • Networking

    • BFT

    • Storage

    • Cryptographic libraries

    • Member services

  • Consensus:  start lower down the stack where people are much closer in agreement, and then slowly work up the stack.

  • Needed:  create a github markdown doc for documenting use cases


Agenda Draft for 2/18 TSC Meeting

  • Discussion on basic use cases to address

  • High-level thoughts on how proposed contributions could be converged

  • Walk-through of project proposal template (Stefan Buhrmester and Vipin Bharathan)


Previous Discussions from Formation Meetings


  • Evaluation Criteria

    • Security

    • Interoperability

    • Scalability

    • Extensibility

    • Deployment Environment

    • Ecosystem

    • Change Management

    • Resilience


  • Functional Requirements

    • Contract Execution Environment

    • Transaction

    • Block of Transactions

    • Network

    • Consensus/Validation

    • Authentication & Entitlements

    • Reference Data




On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Michael Dolan <mdolan@...> wrote:
Welcome to the (now official) Hyperledger Community. Thank you to everyone who helped with the launch of the project and getting everything lined up for a very strong start.

We have a technical community call scheduled for Thursday at 10am Eastern Time. The GoToMeeting details are below. Our apologies for last week’s disruption with the 25 person limit. We have fixed that issue and now have a 100 person capacity. I’m also copying both the TSC and the technical-discuss mailing lists. In the future, we will just use the TSC mailing list for TSC meetings. However, I didn’t want to miss anyone this first week, so I’ve copied both lists. If you have not signed up for any mailing lists, you will want to do so here: https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo

I look forward to our discussion tomorrow.

— Mike

Proposed Agenda

I’ll propose the agenda below for tomorrow, if you have other thoughts / comments, please let me know.
  1. Process for electing a TSC Chair (10 mins). Also, if you are a Premier member and have not yet notified Todd (CC’d) of your TSC Chair representative, please do so ASAP. We will distribute a list of the TSC reps to the TSC when we have everyone identified.
  2. Discussion of tools/services that would be helpful to the community. We have setup IRC:  #hyperledger on freenode with Meetbot. We have the mailing lists. Does the TSC want to see anything else? E.g. Slack? A wiki such as https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/hyperledger shared wiki or setup wiki.hyperledger.org?
  3. Future meeting day/times? Do we use this time slot for the TSC going forward or does the TSC prefer a different cadence and/or time or day?
  4. Discuss where/how to land code. Common question we’re getting is “where is the code?” Need to discuss how to get proposed code into public review.
  5. Discuss process for getting to a code starting point. Proposal template for evaluation? 
  6. Discuss proposals for the common starting points 
    • Networking
    • BFT
    • Storage
    • Cryptographic libraries
    • Member services
1. Proposed TSC Chair Election Process
  • Begin nomination period: Thursday, Feb 11th, nominations includes a short bio/pitch less than 1 page
  • End nomination period: 9pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, Feb 17th
  • Send slate of respective nominees to Silver Members: Thursday, Feb 18th
  • Send TSC members the ballot link to electronic voting: Thursday, Feb 18th using Condorcet voting (http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/)
  • Voting period ends: Tuesday, Feb 23rd at 9pm Pacific Time
  • Election winners announced: Wednesday, Feb 24th
GoToMeeting Instructions


You can also dial in using your phone.

United States (toll-free): 1 877 309 2070
United States: +1 (312) 757-3119

Access Code: 613-310-429







--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)
Skype: tbenzies


Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] hyperledger-tsc Digest, Vol 1, Issue 3 - Could calls be recorded for replay

Jeff Menso <JeffMenso@...>
 

Any chance of having calls recorded for replay?




Mobile 0412 699 121



hyperledger-tsc-request---12/02/2016 01:33:53 AM---Send hyperledger-tsc mailing list submissions to hyperledger-tsc@...

From: hyperledger-tsc-request@...
To: hyperledger-tsc@...
Date: 12/02/2016 01:33 AM
Subject: hyperledger-tsc Digest, Vol 1, Issue 3
Sent by: hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...





Send hyperledger-tsc mailing list submissions to
hyperledger-tsc@...

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
hyperledger-tsc-request@...

You can reach the person managing the list at
hyperledger-tsc-owner@...

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of hyperledger-tsc digest..."


Today's Topics:

  1. Proposal for Hyperledger Technical Community Call (Michael Dolan)
  2. Hyperledger project strawman proposal (Binh Q Nguyen)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 17:56:18 -0500
From: Michael Dolan <mdolan@...>
To: tsc@..., technical-discuss@...
Subject: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Proposal for Hyperledger Technical
Community Call
Message-ID: <D94ABD57-777F-41FA-BD92-CFCA5917BDAF@...>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Welcome to the (now official) Hyperledger Community. Thank you to everyone who helped with the launch of the project and getting everything lined up for a very strong start.

We have a technical community call scheduled for Thursday at 10am Eastern Time. The GoToMeeting details are below. Our apologies for last week?s disruption with the 25 person limit. We have fixed that issue and now have a 100 person capacity. I?m also copying both the TSC and the technical-discuss mailing lists. In the future, we will just use the TSC mailing list for TSC meetings. However, I didn?t want to miss anyone this first week, so I?ve copied both lists. If you have not signed up for any mailing lists, you will want to do so here:
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo

I look forward to our discussion tomorrow.

? Mike

Proposed Agenda

I?ll propose the agenda below for tomorrow, if you have other thoughts / comments, please let me know.
Process for electing a TSC Chair (10 mins). Also, if you are a Premier member and have not yet notified Todd (CC?d) of your TSC Chair representative, please do so ASAP. We will distribute a list of the TSC reps to the TSC when we have everyone identified.
Discussion of tools/services that would be helpful to the community. We have setup IRC:  #hyperledger on freenode with Meetbot. We have the mailing lists. Does the TSC want to see anything else? E.g. Slack? A wiki such as
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/hyperledger shared wiki or setup wiki.hyperledger.org?
Future meeting day/times? Do we use this time slot for the TSC going forward or does the TSC prefer a different cadence and/or time or day?
Discuss where/how to land code. Common question we?re getting is ?where is the code?? Need to discuss how to get proposed code into public review.
Discuss process for getting to a code starting point. Proposal template for evaluation?
Discuss proposals for the common starting points
Networking
BFT
Storage
Cryptographic libraries
Member services
1. Proposed TSC Chair Election Process
Begin nomination period: Thursday, Feb 11th, nominations includes a short bio/pitch less than 1 page
End nomination period: 9pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, Feb 17th
Send slate of respective nominees to Silver Members: Thursday, Feb 18th
Send TSC members the ballot link to electronic voting: Thursday, Feb 18th using Condorcet voting (
http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/)
Voting period ends: Tuesday, Feb 23rd at 9pm Pacific Time
Election winners announced: Wednesday, Feb 24th
GoToMeeting Instructions

URL:
https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/613310429

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States (toll-free): 1 877 309 2070
United States: +1 (312) 757-3119

Access Code: 613-310-429




-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/private/hyperledger-tsc/attachments/20160210/dbc46fb8/attachment.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:18:03 -0500
From: "Binh Q Nguyen" <binhn@...>
To: hyperledger-tsc@...
Subject: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Hyperledger project strawman
proposal
Message-ID: <201602111418.u1BEIOmQ014408@...>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"


Hi team,

I thought perhaps we could start with something a bit more concrete for our
discussion today on the potential seeds for the project.

(See attached file: IBM Hyperledger Project Proposal - 20160207.pdf)

Thanks,

- Binh
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/private/hyperledger-tsc/attachments/20160211/2736a6dc/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: IBM Hyperledger Project Proposal - 20160207.pdf
Type: application/pdf
Size: 572617 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/private/hyperledger-tsc/attachments/20160211/2736a6dc/attachment.pdf>

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
hyperledger-tsc mailing list
hyperledger-tsc@...
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-tsc


End of hyperledger-tsc Digest, Vol 1, Issue 3
*********************************************





[Hyperledger Project TSC] Hyperledger project strawman proposal

Binh Q Nguyen <binhn@...>
 

Hi team,

I thought perhaps we could start with something a bit more concrete for our discussion today on the potential seeds for the project.

(See attached file: IBM Hyperledger Project Proposal - 20160207.pdf)

Thanks,

- Binh

3901 - 3904 of 3904