Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Survey on Code of Conduct Preferences

Ian Carman <ijcarman@...>

Of the two drafts currently being considered, I’m more comfortable with the one based on CloudFoundry.

Adding to the comments made by Zhipeng, I like section 3 of the TODO CoC draft in that it emphasises the positive behaviours the community should support.

Kind regards,

Ian.

On 11 Mar 2016, at 06:17, Zhipeng Huang via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

Hi Arnaud,

I don;t have a strong preference, I like the todo one since it is succinct and hosted on github, HLP could just fork it, make some adjustments (borrow certain session from CF and w3c ones), and make changes when the tsc demands it :)

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@...> wrote:
Hi,

You're right, we could use that. I happen to be involved with the TODO group so I'm familiar with this. As I said on the call there are many other CoCs out there we could leverage. That's one of them.

Is there anything that you specifically like in this one over the other two we are currently considering?
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Technologies - IBM Cloud

From:        Zhipeng Huang <zhipengh512@...>
To:        Arnaud Le Hors/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:        Allen <allenpmd@...>, tsc@...
Date:        03/10/2016 04:52 PM
Subject:        Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Survey on Code of Conduct Preferences

the open CoC draft by TODO group is also worth a look: https://github.com/todogroup/opencodeofconduct/blob/gh-pages/codeofconduct_redo.mdIt is basically a template and HLP could make its own version

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 1:10 AM, Arnaud Le Hors via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
Hi Allen,
The CF-based one also has a clause on "stepping down considerably" which isn't in the W3C one.

But as I said on the call, we're free to take from each one whatever we feel is worth having. The question really is: which one do we start from. Once that is decided we can expand as we see fit.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Technologies - IBM Cloud

From:
Allen via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
To:
tsc@...
Date:
03/10/2016 08:36 AM
Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Survey on Code of Conduct Preferences
Sent by:
hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...

The major thing I see missing from the WC3-based CoC is to keep discussions/material on-topic._______________________________________________

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Prooduct Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng@...
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh@...
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado