[Hyperledger Project TSC] Arch-WG update


Ram Jagadeesan (rjagadee)
 

Folks,

Update on Arch-WG activity.

The group is making slow and steady progress on two tracks:
  1. The main track is focused on security and identity related and functions, and we’ve started capturing the functional requirements around Identity and Policy modules. We’ve gone over the bootstrap process where network entities are registered and onboarded, and reviewed how these functions are currently implemented in Fabric and Sawtooth Lake. We are making good progress on describing the general identity related functions that need to be supported. We’ve also discussed the policy management functions and how this interfaces with policy enforcement in the consensus and smart-contract layers. 
  2. The documentation track has started with the draft Arch WG doc, and we are in the process of reviewing the consensus and smart-contracts sections. The next steps on this track is to start documenting the Identity and Policy module functional definitions and interfaces. The working draft can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bdr4MdnpUvv_3jN5DYSNp1ctjKGPH7K_yiMSQYcwBBo/edit#heading=h.8h4cdd262we7
We are happy to see active participation from Swift and CLS who are bringing new requirements and perspectives. We welcome the Iroha and Corda teams to join in and provide their input.

Best Regards,

Ram
From: Todd Benzies via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Reply-To: Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
Date: Friday, October 21, 2016 at 9:47 AM
To: "hyperledger-tsc@..." <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Subject: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Minutes / October 20th, 2016

ACTIONS

  • WG leads -- please provide an update on recent activity (can reply straight to this thread)
  • Any questions on the Corda presentation from Richard Brown, please post to the TSC mailing list.

Hyperledger Project

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting

October 20, 2016 (7:00am - 8:00am PT)

via GoToMeeting


TSC Members

Arnaud Le Hors

Yes

Binh Nguyen

Yes

Christopher Ferris

Yes

Dan Middleton

Yes

Greg Haskins

Yes

Hart Montgomery

Yes

Mic Bowman

Yes

Murali Krishna Katipalli

Yes

Richard Brown

Yes

Sheehan Anderson

Yes

Tamas Blummer

Yes


Resources:


Agenda

  • Action Item Review

  • R3’s Corda Platform:  A technical introduction (Richard Brown)

  • Incident procedure in code of conduct (Arnaud)

  • Numbering scheme for HIP

  • WG Updates


Action Item Review

  • December Hackfest

    • We are still targeting December 5th & 6th in New York.  We will update once we have determined the venue and further details.

  • wiki.hyperledger.org migration

    • WG leads or anyone else that contributed to the Github wiki, please continue to migrate your content over to the new wiki.

  • Communication Tools - evaluating discuss.hyperledger.org (please create your account, if you have not already)


R3’s Corda Platform:  A technical introduction (Richard Brown)


Numbering scheme for HIP (Vipin)

  • wiki.hyperledger.org/community/proposals

  • It says that every project that it is incubated or considered would have a number assigned to it, much like numbers assigned to BIP or EIP where there are large numbers of proposals or projects incubated.

  • Somebody needs to assign these numbers, then we can have a better catalog of what is going on, easier to navigate and find, at least on top-level.

  • CF:  trying to have all proposals added to wiki… then update to indicate status (reviewed, approved, etc.) and linking to meeting minutes.

    • Vipin:  Number is in template, this is not a new thing.

    • CF:  Right, maintaining editorial oversight.

    • Arnaud:  Understand numbering scheme to force organization… but, it is just another piece of info that you have to keep track of.  Can we better organize on wiki instead of doing numbering?

    • Vipin:  just following good practices that we’ve seen on other projects.  Path towards a process.

    • Jared:  supportive of this, we seem to be saying the same thing.  There are a list of proposals, this is just bookkeeping.  This makes it unique and unambiguous.


Incident procedure in code of conduct (Arnaud)

  • https://wiki.hyperledger.org/community/hyperledger-project-code-of-conduct

  • LF is advocating reuse of our Code of Conduct in other LF projects to have one standard CoC across LF projects. One project raised concern over the Incident procedure that I think is worth discussing. The issue has to do with the use of a mailing list to report abuse. The point (I think rightly) was made that this could discourage reporting and that it would be better to point to specific people instead.

  • Mike Dolan:  For most of other code of conducts, we do identify specific individuals, as they understand how to handle anything that arises (and it is transparent who someone is connecting with).

    • Discussion ensued leading to the outcome that Arnaud will work with Mike Dolan to identify 1-2 individuals to get listed in the Hyperledger code of conduct.


WG Updates

[please send over via email]


Actions

  • December Hackfest preparation

  • Communication Tools (Brian/Todd)

  • Incident procedure in code of conduct -- Arnaud to work with Mike Dolan to identify the appropriate people to get listed in the code of conduct (Arnaud)

--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)
Skype: tbenzies

Join toc@lists.hyperledger.org to automatically receive all group messages.