[Hyperledger Project TSC] Minutes / September 22nd, 2016


Todd Benzies <tbenzies@...>
 

Hyperledger Project

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting

September 22, 2016 (7:00am - 8:00am PT)

via GoToMeeting


TSC Members

Arnaud Le Hors

Yes

Binh Nguyen


Christopher Ferris

Yes

Dan Middleton

Yes

Greg Haskins

Yes

Hart Montgomery

Yes

Mic Bowman

Yes

Murali Krishna Katipalli

Yes

Richard Brown

Yes

Sheehan Anderson


Tamas Blummer

Yes


Resources:


Agenda

  • Action Item Review

  • WG Updates


Action Item Review

  • Hackathon/Hackfest preparation and updates (Todd)

    • Hackfest, October 3-4: register now (agenda draft)

    • Hackathon, October 1-2: register now

      • CF:  Encourage getting as many as possible from TSC (and technical community) to the technical events in Amsterdam in a few weeks.

    • December Hackfest location initial discussion

      • Possibly China?

      • Murali:  Suggest having a simultaneous component in the US.

      • DM:  China seems good, but maybe not December when there are other commitments.

      • Vipin:  Can check if BNP Paribas has space.

      • CF:  Let’s revisit after Hackfest in Amsterdam in a couple weeks.

  • Blog

    • https://www.hyperledger.org/blog

    • If anyone in the community is interested in proposing a post, please get in touch with Brian Behlendorf or Jessica Rampen (jrampen@...) and we can work with them on developing the content, graphics, etc.

    • CF:  Will do something regularly re: Fabric, would be great to also get something re: STL from Mic or Dan.  Also, encourage other topics, as well.

  • Pull together thoughts on snapshot release in Hyperledger Release Taxonomy v0.3 and circulate via email (Chris)

    • CF:  Pushing to 10/6 TSC meeting.

  • wiki.hyperledger.org migration plan (Brian)

    • CF:  There has been some additional exploration of the wiki, if people have any feedback, please share on the mailing list.  Final decision/discussion on how to migrate what is on GitHub wiki to the new wiki on 10/6.


Short intro/overview of JPM project to be revealed at Sibos (Dave Voell and Amber Baldet)

  • Amber provided an overview of Quorum, noting that it is not a formal proposal, more sharing work that is underway.  Dave then provided a technical overview of Quorum.  Slides can be found JPM Quorum Intro Deck and recording of discussion)

  • Q:  Is there a whitepaper or more documentation?

  • Dave:  We do plan to open source this which would include technical documentation and the code base, and some reference applications.  This is a derivative of Ethereum.


Fabric Java SDK Project Proposal (DTCC and Fujitsu Australia Software Technology (FAST))

  • CF:  Since we ran out of time today, action for DTCC/FAST to do Q&A via mailing list.


Java Chaincode demo (Satheesh Kathamuthu, DTCC)

  • CF:  Since we ran out of time today, will slot for next TSC meeting.


WG Updates

  • Please send via TSC list in response to this email.


Actions

  • ACTION:  Hackfest preparation and updates (EU & December/China?)

  • ACTION:  Chris Ferris to pull together thoughts on snapshot release in Hyperledger Release Taxonomy v0.3 and circulate via email

  • ACTION:  Finalize wiki.hyperledger.org migration plan in 10/6 TSC call

  • ACTION:  Communication Tools (Brian/Todd)


--
Todd Benzies
Senior Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)
Skype: tbenzies

Join toc@lists.hyperledger.org to automatically receive all group messages.