Re: Blockchain Integration Framework--Project Incubation Proposal

I think this is the right kind of project for Hyperledger.

Figured I’d get some questions out on the list ahead of the start of the discussion tomorrow…

Why propose this now instead of after the code bases are merged and/or the whitepaper is complete?

What hard problems do you think this framework has solved?

How are rollbacks/forks in either network resolved?

Corda is the most dissimilar architecture you are targeting. How will the design change or is the current design likely to work with Corda?

When we resume face to face events how many dunk tanks will this project provide or require?

Thanks,

Dan Middleton

Principal Engineer

Intel

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of "hmontgomery@..." <hmontgomery@...>
Date: Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 3:09 PM
To: tsc <tsc@...>
Cc: "Somogyvari, Peter" <peter.somogyvari@...>, "Hamilton, Jonathan M." <jonathan.m.hamilton@...>, "Kuhrt, Tracy A." <tracy.a.kuhrt@...>, "Fujimoto, Shingo" <shingo_fujimoto@...>, "Takeuchi, Takuma" <takeuchi.takuma@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Blockchain Integration Framework--Project Incubation Proposal

Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much to all of those that have looked over our proposal already.  Given the feedback we have received so far, we’d like to begin the process of formally applying for project incubation status.  If possible, we’d like to discuss this at the next TSC meeting, where we can have several project contributors attend so that we can answer as many questions as possible.

So, if you haven’t already, please take a look at our project proposal:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kxylkfVKG_zdNfuzhrmhnYAM_eROwLsoLgIp3XjKNr0/edit?usp=sharing

Please feel free to either add questions or comments to the document, respond to this email, or use our rocketchat “blockchain-integration-framework.”  We are open to suggestions, feedback, and advice, and would love to hear from many people on this list.

Thank you very much for your time, and I hope you all are staying safe out there!