Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Hyperledger-fabric] [Decision needed] dealing with go import path post Gerrit migration

Andrew Bransford Brown <andrewbb@...>

I concur.  And I understand.

Double-sets of books.  Understanding hidden forks.

Andrew B. Brown
10723 River Plantation Drive
Austin, Texas  78747
(512) 947-8282

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Baohua Yang via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:
That causes issues of duplicated local dirs.

e.g., the go tools pkg, there're two repos under GOPATH.

Some time you may get one tool from github, then another one from golang.

Looks weird. :(

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 3:29 AM, Sheehan Anderson via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...> wrote:

Option 2 follows the path that the Go team uses. Go is developed in Gerrit, mirrored in GitHub, and uses golang.org for package names. I vote option 2 also.

-Sheehan

Brian Behlendorf via hyperledger-tsc ---08/01/2016 01:16:15 PM---I'm cc'ing the TSC, as I think this is something that affects the technical efforts project-wide, a

From: Brian Behlendorf via hyperledger-tsc <hyperledger-tsc@...>
To: hyperledger-fabric@..., hyperledger-tsc@...
Date: 08/01/2016 01:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] [Hyperledger-fabric] [Decision needed] dealing with go import path post Gerrit migration
Sent by: hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...

I'm cc'ing the TSC, as I think this is something that affects the technical efforts project-wide, and should be decided as an HL standard (or at least intend towards one).  Follow-ups should probably be directed to the TSC list.

My preference would be for anything that reduces impediments to on-boarding new developers.  My secondary preference would be to leverage github when it adds value but avoid concentrating dependency or risk upon it.  For that, I think that means option 2 rather than option 1.

Brian

On 07/30/2016 04:37 AM, Baohua Yang wrote:

Executive Director at the Hyperledger Project

Best wishes!
Baohua