Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Hyperledger Explorer Proposal

Brian Behlendorf

Yes to a "Hyperledger Blockchain Explorer" project, with three products under their scope (I don't know if that has to mean "three repositories" - seems like one repo per project is semantically cleaner), and with a general suggestion that these three efforts find ways to combine forces, or usefully differentiate if there is good reason to.  That is, there may still be a good reason for more than one UI, but having the same team involved in both will help ensure they remain separate for good reason, like a "lite" versus "power user/admin" kind of thing.  Ideally we can all converge on one, but I would prefer to have that be a consensus of the devs rather than a requirement for graduation from Incubation.

Brian

On 07/14/2016 09:53 AM, Christopher B Ferris wrote:
+1

Could we start a project called "Hyperledger Blockchain Explorer" that started Incubation with three repos (DTCC, Intel, IBM contributions) with a goal of consolidating through incubation phase such that the goal for exiting Incubation to Active would be a single repository (or at least one release comprising of possibly a few integrated components each with their own repo)?

IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Open Technology
IBM Cloud, Open Technologies
blog: https://developer.ibm.com/opentech/author/chrisfer/

From: "Middleton, Dan via hyperledger-tsc" <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Sent by: hyperledger-tsc-bounces@...
To: Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...>, "hyperledger-tsc@..." <hyperledger-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Project TSC] Hyperledger Explorer Proposal
Date: Thu, Jul 14, 2016 12:39 PM

Per our discussion in the TSC meeting today…

Sawtooth validators expose rest endpoints that an explorer like this one could consume.

Here’s the web api:

http://intelledger.github.io/sawtooth_developers_guide/web_api/index.html

We have some open discussion for the next meeting on how we want to approach a unified Hyperledger explorer vs. ledger-specific explorers.  This could be an interesting first case for showing ledger interaction among the Hyperledger family of blockchains.