Re: Hyperledger taxonomy and revised greenhouse graphic for review

Personally, I would love to see a graph-like structure with edges between layers indicating compatibilities or dependencies.  But then again, I’m not a marketing expert.  Can anyone from the marketing committee comment on some of the ideas here?  Would that be too “busy?”

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Middleton, Dan
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:05 AM
To: Dave Cecchi <david_cecchi@...>; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Hyperledger taxonomy and revised greenhouse graphic for review

I had a similar reaction. Frameworks are the underlying fabric ;)  responsible for data replication policies.

Thinking about future projects what would this look like if we got a consensus library project?

What other forward looking considerations come to mind?

Ok, now we’re up to nearly a nickel.

--dan

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Dave Cecchi <david_cecchi@...>
Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 8:17 AM
To: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

My two cents is only that - especially with Transact starting to drive more "unification" - it may be worth reconsidering the visual to be more representative of the "stack".  This is really a catalog, but even a mildly technical audience wants to know "how do these things work together (if at all)".  With blockchain platforms / frameworks at the top and everything else smallboxed as siblings underneath, the mental model the picture presents doesn't necessarily drive to solutions/capabilities.  Maybe that's deliberate, though?  Again, just my 2 cents.

-dc