Re: Hyperledger Aries

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>

I received a few questions, so to clarify, there is no active vote yet for the Aries proposal.

The proposal needs to be read by the TSC members and appropriate amount of time for discussion and feedback.

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Ry Jones <rjones@...>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 12:05 PM
To: Mark Wagner <mwagner114@...>
Cc: Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...>, Nathan George <nathan.george@...>, Hyperledger List <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Hyperledger Aries

Yes, the vote is in the mailing list :)

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:01 AM Mark Wagner <mwagner114@...> wrote:

so, to be clear, the checkbox says we have reviewed it but we still need a vote to accept this as project, correct?

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019, 11:38 Silona Bonewald <sbonewald@...> wrote:

Remember TSC members to check your name off on the Bottom after you have read the proposal!

Thank you!

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:10 AM Nathan George <nathan.george@...> wrote:

As heard today's TSC call, the Hyperledger Aries project proposal is up on the Hyperledger wiki here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/HYP/Hyperledger+Aries+Proposal

We have been discussing launching this as a project since the hackfest in Montreal last October.  Since then the Indy community has been able to build an active community of contributors working on protocol standardization for the peer-to-peer information exchange described in the proposal.  We have been waiting for a release of Ursa to avoid having too many moving project components at the same time.  With Ursa 0.1.1 underway it is time to undertake this next phase in development.

We have many interested parties participating in the Internet Identity Workshop in Mountain View next. week, and are very eager for your feedback and approval to help socialize the new project and recruit contributors beyond those already participating at Hyperledger.

-Nathan

--

Silona Bonewald

VP of Community Architecture, Hyperledger

Mobile/Text: 512.750.9220
https://calendly.com/silona

The Linux Foundation
http://hyperledger.org