Re: Smart contracts working group

Rich Bloch <richardbloch@...>

Good Morning Suma,

I'm the chair of the Healthcare SIG (HC-SIG), and my ears pricked up when I heard someone mention HIPAA compliance ;).

Yes, there is great value in maturing the smart contracts space, and I'm personally interested to learn more as this WG comes together: smart contracts are cross-cutting in their design, and I imagine our SIG working in collaboration with this WG going forward.

I can tell you that our HC-SIG membership would see real value in having a representative from your WG speak at one of our bi-weekly general meetings. Please let me know when you're free to talk more, and we can schedule something.

Best of luck

Thanks

Rich

Richard Bloch
Principal, Business Learning Incorporated
Systems & Software Engineering
Seattle, Washington USA
   206.588.6054 - work
   425.417.8255- mobile
    www.businesslearninginc.com

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 7:36 AM Suma <sumapnair@...> wrote:
This is very timely.
i've been very interested in the potential legal challenges around smart contracts  - How do smart contracts need to evolve to a point where they can be backed by legal and actually defended in a court of law? Should there be standardization organizations that work on this?
And also the possibilities around standardization of compliance implementations. For example, would it make sense to have standard smart contracts offered around, say HIPAA compliance that people can just optionally install with the fabric, for example?

SUMABALA NAIR
Software Engineer, Watson IoT Blockchain
Phone: 1-5122866731