Re: Big Data, AI and Blockchain

Mic Bowman

I assume you’re proposing this as a working group? As with Jay… I’m interested in the IoT connections to blockchain applications: how do you bridge real world data/events into “trustworthy” blockchain events/computation. For example… it is not obvious what it means to have a highly resilient, byzantine fault tolerant smart contract act on potentially bogus data that is was fed from a single, unreliable external source (like a sensor).

--mic

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of John Mertic
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 10:40 AM
To: Cupid Chan <cchan@...>
Cc: Jay Chugh <jay.chugh@...>; Susan Malaika <malaika@...>; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Big Data, AI and Blockchain

Checking back in on this thread now after the holidays - what are next steps?

Thank you,

John Mertic

Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation

ASWF, ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project

Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 4:23 PM Cupid Chan <cchan@...> wrote:

Hello Jay:

Thanks for your quick reply! The next step for us to do now is to identify a use case. My inner geek screams to add IoT as well but I am not sure if incorporating more may help or pull back the progress since adding AI and Blockchain to Big Data is already a big jump. With that being said, I am not opposing that at all. Just want to share my thought so that we are all aware.

Before we jump on a call to discuss further, do you have some material that we can read and prepare?

Regards,

Cupid Chan

CTO, Index Analytics

www.index-analytics.com
3700 Koppers Street, Suite 535
Baltimore, MD, 21227
Cell: 571-357-2426
cchan@...

SBA 8(a) | SBA HUBZone | GSA Schedule 70 | CMMI Level 3

On Dec 20, 2018, at 12:18 PM, Jay Chugh <jay.chugh@...> wrote:

Cupid,

It is a good initiative to consider. Among my responsibilities at Oracle, I am also responsible for AI and Blockchain Go-to-market initiatives, and would be interested in what you are doing.

There could be a number of interesting use cases that are enabled by combining AI and Blockchain, both of which require access to data. There are also synergies of AI, Blockchain with IoT in case you were interested to include IoT as well.

Look forward to connecting more on this in the new year.

Jay Chugh | Senior Director, Product GTM - Blockchain, AI, and IoT Cloud Platforms
Office +1.650.506.0677 | Mobile +1.408.489.9200
600 Oracle Parkway, M/S 6OP863, Redwood Shores, CA 94065

On Dec 20, 2018, at 6:54 AM, Cupid Chan <cchan@...> wrote:

Hello Hyperledger TSC:

My name is Cupid Chan and I am TSC from Linux Foundation ODPi and also the Champion for BI & AI project in that group. We are planning out our 2019 initiative and one idea I have is to combine AI and Blockchain on top of Big Data. I have connected with Acumos group and got some interested there. I would like to see if you are also interested and/or have already got some material in place so that we don’t need to start from scratch.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Cupid Chan

CTO, Index Analytics

www.index-analytics.com
3700 Koppers Street, Suite 535
Baltimore, MD, 21227
Cell: 571-357-2426
cchan@...

SBA 8(a) | SBA HUBZone | GSA Schedule 70 | CMMI Level 3

<Email Footer.png>

The content of this message is confidential. If you have received it by mistake, please inform us by an email reply and then delete the message. It is forbidden to copy, forward, or in any way reveal the contents of this message to anyone. The integrity and security of this email cannot be guaranteed over the Internet. Therefore, the sender will not be held liable for any damage caused by the message - Index Analytics LLC